eee look another food diary!

I know Jen! I'm so glad you mentioned it, I don't know why I think we can't afford it, we went to Thailand last year and that cost a hell of a lot more than this holiday will!

Ah thanks Bev, Dan will put his request in tonight and hopefully find out tomorrow night if it's ok. Everything crossed! The flights are still 700, but its much cheaper than other Spain holidays I've looked at, I think the cheapest I found last year when I was looking was 1200 and the apartments/hotels/complexes looked not great, pretty grim in fact!

It'll be a lovely start to a new year of school and uni for us all to have a break.

Oh course love! What have you got planned?

Thank you!

Was thinking of:
35g all bran crunch (b) with fat free yogurt and a bannana

Salad with low fat cheese (a) and ham and hard boiled egg

Steak with salad, mushrooms and a jacket potato (b)

Snacks will be fruit and muller lights and then probably syns will be chocolate.

Sounds like a good red day to me! I've got well into ploughman salads lately on red days!

I'm back on the wagon now. I'm not even sharing what I've eaten this weekend as its sick!

Red week for me. I feel like a whale!

I'd try not to eat too many muller lights, they're full of artificial sweetener which isn't that good for you xx

I started having a Danone 0 fat activia ones instead as they don't have that stuff in x

I've already looked into cars £75 for the week seems ok, I think? I've never hired a car before! X

We hired a car in Rome once and was horrendous! My only experience of driving abroad (other than Oz but that doesn't count as same side of the road!). Was a real test to our relationship lol

£75 is pretty good tho

Oh god! I can picture Rome traffic and it's terrifying in my brain!

Ok back to plan as the scales are back up after the weekend. Meh! My own fault entirely. A few red days to start the week although my appetites massive so hoping they will keep me full! Essay due in tomorrow so today planning and writing half then the other half tomorrow.

Red day - Monday

Breakfast - pineapple, a piece of toast with Vegemite and 1 piece with a poached egg (3syns butter) hexB

Lunch : didn't really have time, a few slices of pastrami and a slice of ham, some cherry tomatoes, and pickled onions, some toast with ham (hexB)

Dinner : beef stew with carrots, swede, shallots and mushrooms. Cabbage and broccoli on the side

Cadbury bar (12syns)

Drinks : tea and coffee (hexA) water.

60 min walk and 50 crunches

SYNS - 15

Attachments

• image-165397359.jpg
    image-165397359.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Most definitely will I think. Do you need a hire car when there or stuff in walking distance? xx
Traffic in Los Alcazares is virtually non-existant on the roads so driving is easy.
And it all depends how much you like walking!!! :8855:whether you can do without a car.
There is a small mini-market on site where you can get essentials like bread and milk, cold meats, newspapers etc
Ooh and beer and wine of course!
The nearest supermarket is about a 20 minute walk. But we do have a roller-truck in the apartment to load your food into so you don't have to carry it back. The truck is also useful for taking down to the beach with all your junk in.
What lots of people do is walk to the supermarket, do a big shop for the whole week and then get a taxi home. Taxi will be about €15

The beach is about 2 km away which takes about 30 minutes walk in the heat.
Walking there out of the high season is no problem at all but I personally wouldn't want to do it in August.
Mind you parking a car at the beach in Summer can be tricky.
Again, many people walk down and organise a taxi to get back.

I've already looked into cars £75 for the week seems ok, I think? I've never hired a car before! X
Watch out for the added extras though Charl.
FUEL
With most companies there will be a BIG charge for a full tank of fuel - and as you are unlikely to use it it is a rip off.
Look into a Full/Full deal if you can find one.
A Ford Ka from Sol-Mar on Full/Empty is €89.10 (£76) and on Full/Full it's €111.10 (£95).
They'll charge you an awful lot more than €22 for a tank of fuel on the Full/Empty Deal - more like €60.
INSURANCE
Make sure that more than 1 driver is included for free. We got ripped off here in the UK.
We got a good deal on hire but then they wanted £10 pd extra for a 2nd driver.
Also check out what the excess is. Again we got ripped off big time with an excess of £900 but the insurance to reduce it was £13 pd.

Use this website car hire Spain, CarJet.com, Spain car hire, car hire Malaga, car hire Alicante, car hire Italy, car hire France - you can filter on fuel policy, insurance etc etc
I'll send you an email too about another company to investigate.

Last edited:
I think it was sol mar I was looking at, it was a full/full one, and if you booked a 3door Clio they upgraded to 5dr. Wouldn't necessarily use it all the time but for food shops and going to the aqua park and stuff would be useful. Plus we like exploring so to be able to drive to other places would be cool. Came in at £74 for the week.

Thanks for the Info bev :)

We're happy walking but I'd be worried about tired little legs in the sun too much, the boys are good walkers and happy to do so, but neither of them have been anywhere that hot before so might be a good idea.

Wow - that's a really good deal Charl. Which website did you find it on? Useful to be able to recommend to other clients too.

Little legs and hot sun definitely do not mix! That's why I hate walking.
To use a Morecombe and Wise expression I have "short, fat hairy legs" :giggle:
If my legs were the right length for my body length I'd be about 3" taller.
Plus knackered knees. I love walking but then next day my knees are really sore - especially the right one which I really need replaced.

I'll send you the site I used bev once I'm on my laptop.

Finally a day on plan! Full red day, no cheating. And I'm stuffed! Beef stew was super filling.

Went to aldi for the first time, that place is mega!!! We spent like £135 but have enough meat for 2 weeks of meals. If I do that in tesco it's well over 200! Loads of nice stuff too, lamb shanks and duck legs, pork shoulders and lamb legs, super cool! The fridge, freezer and cupboards are full for the first time in ages!

Plan for the week.. (This is just for myself so I know when we're having what..)

Tues - lamb shanks
Weds - pork steaks with jacket potato and salad
Thursday - burgers
Friday - chicken and peanut curry
Saturday - out
Sunday - roast pork
Monday - SW chicken kievs
Tuesday - lamb leg
Weds - duck legs
Thurs - SW fish and chips
Fri - SW chicken curry
Sat - pulled pork sandwiches
Sunday - roast chicken

Last edited:
I got some of that! Going to have it for lunch tomorrow! X

Arghhhh! Trying to write an essay on the eyfs and play and it's going so badly I hate this module!!!

I do all my main shopping in ALDI! I love it and mega reduces our food bills :) x

Admittedly the bill was still quite high but if I do a shop like that in asda or tesco it costs like 200! So was pretty good really! X

Back