eee look another food diary!

Right after buying a lush little up cycled cupboard from this lovely girl who does furniture I've been thinking I would love to be able to do that too, so I've been having a look into how you do it and it looks pretty simple really. So I'm gonna scour the charity shops and free cycle to look for a little piece to try myself. This amazing lady in the states has a blog which shows her awesome stuff and how she gets the effects so I'm going to try, it's not like I don't have the time! And who knows if I get good I might start going to car boots with my bits and try selling them on. It's extra money we could do with and if the bits are from free cycle or gumtree then will be little to no cost. My house is full of furniture that was bought out of covenience as it was cheap when I needed to get stuff and I've always loved kinda French country/distressed vintage-y stuff so maybe I can do it myself :)

My mum is amazing at stuff like this being an artist n all so she can tell me some really good paints to try, I'm so excited!

I was planning on getting some of those crappy plastic drawers to shove all the boys art stuff in as its always lying around in big piles but then thought why am I gonna buy more crappy furniture when nice stuff can be cheap too!!

I want a little bedside table for the spare room so maybe that's a good thing to start with :) and a little chair for my bedroom too.

Anyway, here's the little bit i bought from the lovely girl who up cycles, was only £35! Bargain I thought as it looks so good!

Attachments

• image-213146353.jpg
    image-213146353.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 93
We're going to view the auction tomorrow to hopefully find something cool to try and up cycle ourselves :) exciting! Daniels well keen too as he thinks it could be fun so that would be cool for us to do together.

Feeling well hung over, drank a lot yesterday stuck to gin and slimline tonic though but didn't have any lunch or dinner which is probably why I feel so poop. On the upside I'm 2lbs lighter! Ha! Got up craving junk but made some yummy pasta so stuck to plan and have pork shoulder in the slow cooker for tea so good food day for us.

EE DAY - Sunday

Breakfast : smoked salmon sandwich (hexB) pure spread (1.5syns)

Lunch : brown pasta with ham, mushrooms, spinach, red onion, lemon juice, garlic & Parmesan (1syn)

Dinner : slow roast pork, roast veg (new potatoes, carrots, BNS, red onion & garlic) with steamed mangetout, asparagus & broccoli. 1.5syns gravy.

Treats : mini milk squeezy (3.5syns) curly wurly (6syns)

Drinks : chocolate koko milk (hexA) water, coke zero.

TOTAL SYNS : 13.5

Attachments

• image-86948244.jpg
    image-86948244.jpg
    408 KB · Views: 47
  • image-1409298907.jpg
    image-1409298907.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 53
  • image-2392966434.jpg
    image-2392966434.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Had hardly any SYNS today so just went to the shop and treated myself to these :)

Love being back on plan :) canny determined now to get to target as quick as possible. Massively got the hung over munchies kept picking up crisps at the shop but put them back and made more SW friendly treat options, go me!!

Attachments

• image-1911097973.jpg
    image-1911097973.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 75
Evening chica - Yay to finishing all the Uni essays and Yay to a great loss.
Enjoy your summer and lots of furniture recycling. Should keep you busy!!!!
Not that you'll have any free time looking after the boys :)

Well done on the loss Charl! I'm hoping to follow suit after my bad weekend!!
Love the little cupboard- it's a great thing to do :)
I went to view an auction last week but unfortunately it runs when I'm at college so had to leave bids, so missed out!
I've done a couple of pieces before and have a massive dresser to re-do when I get time?!
Good luck at the auction x

Thanks Bev! Well they are at school 9-3, so I have lots of free time in the day, and obviously after they go to bed when Dan's at work I can't exactly go out, so seems like a canny little hobby!

Aw Lou, I wish I had your artistic flair at times like this, I bet when you do it, it'll look mega! We didn't get to the auction as Dan went to bed late and I felt bad waking him up so early to go out, but it's on every week, going to check out all the charity shop furniture warehouses tomorrow instead :)

been checking out Etsy, and have bought some lovely little painted butterfly handles I can put on a console table, will be super cute. And got some free samples of lush wallpaper from B&Q which I thought I could contrast with some lovely distressed painting. Also just asked someone on gumtree for a viintage chest of drawers, look perfect and put in a cheeky £15 offer.. hehe. The good paint to use is super expensive though. Going to start a blog, once I get some bits and pieces, so feel free to follow my upcycling refurbishing nonsense on there, fingers crossed between a blog and etsy I can make some money! I'm going to learn how to upholster too, as I love crazy fabrics and textures, have lots of ideas.

Been another totally successful day on plan, I find I'm eating a lot less than I usually do and not feeling that hungry, which is nice! usually I'm constantly hungry and think about food all the time! Maybe I'm in the zone, I've heard about it, but pretty sure its never been something thats applied to me! haha. Although daniel the weirdo drunkenly took loads of fish out the freezer so had to make SW fish and chips today which I didn't want to as I wanted a red day. oh well, I'll do red tomorrow instead, don't wanna get carb bloat from 2 days of EE!

ok foodsssss..

EE DAY - MONDAY

Breakfast - 2 slices small wmeal toast (hexB) lurpack lightest (2syns)

Lunch - Veggie spelt with some chicken, frozen veg and mushrooms added

Snack - Curly Wurly (6syns)

Dinner - SW fish and chips (3syns bread) with mushy peas and lots of salad (mixed leaves, cucumber, red onion, cherry tomato) (0.5syns) mayo x light.

Drinks - a few teas (hexA) lots of water.

Exercise - 65 min dog walk (we went fast!) and another 30 min mooch around the charity shops. 40 crunches. 20 reverse crunches.

TOTAL SYNS - 11.5

Attachments

• image-1024843595.jpg
    image-1024843595.jpg
    550.3 KB · Views: 29
  • image-2657873787.jpg
    image-2657873787.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Hey a blog would be a fab thing to start, I've always wanted to but not found my niche for one:)
Look forward to reading it xx

Well if I can even find any perfect bits of furniture I will start my blog! Went hunting this morning and didn't find much of use, boo. Well some amazing big pieces but nothing small to start off with :(

My ma told me theres some good furniture places near her house so going to check them out tomorrow I think. Fingers crossed we can find some bits a pieces, just asked someone on gumtree for a big ol pine chest they have which is only a tenner so that could be a good one to try.

Had another good food day, although am a bit at a loss of what to do for dinner as I forgot to take my chicken out the freezer, silly girl!

RED DAY - Tuesday

Breakfast ; poached eggs on big wmeal toast (hexB)

Lunch ; massive tuna salad (1syn x light mayo) curly wurly (6syns)

Dinner : hmm I think chicken kebabs with pickled chillis, salad (cabbage (red&green) carrot, lettuce, tomato, red onion, cucumber)and hexB wedges. Pitta bread (8syns)

Exercise : 1 mile walk, plus lots a walking round town and charity shops all over the place.

TOTAL SYNS : 15

Attachments

• image-1159849015.jpg
    image-1159849015.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 23
  • image-1594232378.jpg
    image-1594232378.jpg
    546 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Had another good food day, although am a bit at a loss of what to do for dinner as I forgot to take my chicken out the freezer, silly girl!
Eeejit! :8855: That's the sort of thing I do.
Mind you I actually remebered to take my chicken out for tonight so we're having fahitas.
Me minus the wrap as I'm trying to stay off any wheat products today as I'm feeling really bloated (again) at the mo !

Last edited:
I read this just before bed and it reminded me to take a lamb leg out the freezer! Thanks bev! Good luck with the wheat withdrawal, it always works for me, good ol red days ey!

Just sourced some old whiskey barrels for creating tables I'm super super excited about this, they are going to look awesome! Woop!

X

Just sourced some old whiskey barrels for creating tables I'm super super excited about this, they are going to look awesome! Woop!

X
Go you . . . piccies please when done.

Hehe! It's going to take a while. I really want to make this work and a proper brand with quirk and flair, so I've been brainstorming ideas for names, I kinda think if you name something it gives it character, which when dealing with unique bits of furniture work better. So I'll run some by you all..

The über-disDressor - which will be pieces really aged and ultra distressed

The semi-shabs - moderately aged

Edwardian pieces I thought - The shabby Ed

Victorian I thought I might leave really well done and call - The Pristine Queen

And Gothic stuff - The vampy Vic

I thought Queen Anne style I'd paper and paint as a mix and call - The Papered Annie

The tables perhaps - The William Wallis? Maybe.. Or the scotch bonnet?

Anyway let me know what you think ladies... Xxx

Thanks! Ha! I'm just brainstorming and getting well ahead of myself as usual!

I'll let you know when I start properly. Hopefully next week my blog and first few bits will be up :) xx

I THINK I might have just bought 3 AMAZING pieces to do up, they are all victorian/edwardian solid wood oak and mahogany pieces, some added history is that in the last year they've all been used in films and theatre sets too, super cool!! A tallboy dresser, a sideboard and another dressing table with a mirror, they are sooo beautiful but need some love! £110 for all 3! I hope so much these happen as I keep trying to buy stuff and either people don't respond or say its mine then sell them to someone else.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I'm so so so excited about this!! Its gonna be so cool! Going to do some big expensive pieces and some more affordable bits too, as the big bits would probably be out of most people I knows budget.

Right foods, been a super good food day, red too, although I didn't really eat lunch as I didn't have time, and I went to see Adams school assembly today, he was a king, so cute bless him, he kept getting embarrassed and laughing all the time, done loads of walking too so feeling good!

ok actual food update! I have never ever had a double yolk egg in my life and the last 2 days I've had 2! weird!

RED DAY - Wednesday

Brekafast : poached eggs on toast (HexB)

Lunch : 4 slices of pastrami, 2 alpen lights (hexB)

Dinner : Roast lamb stuffed with garlic. Roast BNS, mashed swede, steamed carrots, fine beans and broccoli. Gravy & Mint sauce (3syns) A fruit pastels lolly (3syns)

Drinks : lots of water, a few teas (hexA) coke zero

TOTAL SYNS : 6

Exercise - walked 3 miles quickly, then about 90 mins of pottering in town and round charity shops.

Attachments

• image-3727980936.jpg
    image-3727980936.jpg
    569.5 KB · Views: 38
  • image-1170943490.jpg
    image-1170943490.jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 43
Fingers crossed that the purchases come off!

Regarding names. Hubs worked in Marketing for 30 years, and I did quite a lot of that too, so would suggest you need to find just ONE fantastic name to trade under. And personally, I would keep it really classy to attract all age groups, rather than using something slightly more modern like uber.
People my age (ie old fogeys ) might not know what that means :8855:
Okay if you do your own website then you can have sub-sections that are named for the different periods.
Just an old fogeys thinking!

Oh I have a name for me already, tender loving care. I thought it was perfect when dealing with reclaimed upcycled bits. Well I did love that but it seems to also be used for sex workers for disability rights so maybe not... Also cherished by Charlotte or Charlie. Not sure which.. The names were just for the individual bits of furniture, I kinda think naming each piece makes it more special.

Thanks bev! You're so helpful! Xx

Oh I have a name for me already, tender loving care. I thought it was perfect when dealing with reclaimed upcycled bits. Well I did love that but it seems to also be used for sex workers for disability rights so maybe not... Also cherished by Charlotte or Charlie. Not sure which.. The names were just for the individual bits of furniture, I kinda think naming each piece makes it more special.

Thanks bev! You're so helpful! Xx
:8855: to the TLC link!
Cherished by Charlotte might get googled for the same reason by the men
Cherished by Charlie might get googled for the same reason by both the women AND the men
Hey ho - finding a name is sooooooooooo hard.
Took me ages when I set up my own company 10 years ago.
Thought of lots of inventive ones that were already taken - so I ended up with something really boring!

Last edited:
Back