eee look another food diary!

Bought my first piece of furniture to do today :)

Going to start sanding it tonight! Bought some paints, brushes, danish oil and a sander so actually an expensive day but the majority of that will be a one off or rare expense.

I'm so so excited!! Xx

That's super exciting, can't wait to see pics!
Xx
i feel like I am forever looking for and sorting the furniture for my own house, so have no time to do anything to sell!
I have popped in the loft a little foot stool from mums that I hope to use to learn to upholster one day!
So many exciting skills to learn! Xx

OH MY GOD! I thought there's no way I'd win an eBay bid for the giant amazing victorian mahogany side board as 30 people were watching, I set myself a 65 max budget and amazingly won it for £51! I can't believe it, this is going to be awesome!

Gonna start on the side table tonight need to strip and sand and prime which I think I'll do tonight then paint tomorrow. Going to try some cool effects too I think as I've bought some lovely different coloured paints so I'd like the base colour to come through too. I read if you smear Vaseline on the paint then the top layer rejects it where you've smeared making a cool effect :)

Put some some photos on of the bits I've bought today!

Ok foods..

RED DAY - Thursday

Breakfast : small wmeal toast with mushrooms (hexB) lightest butter (1syn)

Lunch : omelette with ham, red onion, spinach, cherry tomato and mushroom with 15g rf cheddar (1/2hexa)

Dinner : SW chicken kievs, jacket potato (hexB) sugar snap peas, carrot & broccoli - hexA cheese and 3 SYNS bread for coating

1/2 Cadbury marvellous creations & small slice of soreen (11 SYNS)

Drinks : water, a few teas and coffees (hexA)

Exercise : 3.5 mile walk plus lots of wandering round charity shops.

Total SYNS : 15

Attachments

• image-2856071659.jpg
    image-2856071659.jpg
    487 KB · Views: 52
  • image-941223617.jpg
    image-941223617.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 53
  • image-3589521129.jpg
    image-3589521129.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 58
  • image-1840989012.jpg
    image-1840989012.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 60
  • image-449064851.jpg
    image-449064851.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Charl your venture sounds good you're so fired up about it all,.. I've found a lot of charity shops are really expensive for furniture even the really shabby stuff is quite high, funnily enough the local hospice shops though have really nice stuff reasonably priced, so I guess you really need to look around. Wouldn't mind doing up a couple of chests myself although I don't know where I'd put them lol

Good luck with the venture chick xx

Charl - that dresser is amazing. Looks very art deco.
Can you do a really nice sympathetic effect on it? As I think you could sell that for a lot of money if it was restored carefully.
Go you!

That's not getting painted up, it's beautiful how it is it just needs some light restoration and love, it's stunning isn't it! X

That's not getting painted up, it's beautiful how it is it just needs some light restoration and love, it's stunning isn't it! X
Glad you said that! As it will look absolutely stunning with some sympathetic TLC. That's my girl.
Wish I could get it me here in Spain - as I would happily give it a home!
It's awesome. I love Art deco - and I love mahogany.
My kitchen in the UK was hand made in real mahogany and I loved it. It looked right in that age of house.
The people who bought our house replaced the doors with black high gloss ones and just binned all the mahogany :cry:

Well... After 3 hours of trying to strip that little unit it's not really any more real woodlike than before. What the hell kind of varnish did they put on this thing! Worse still the stripper has gone all horrible and waxy so now I have to get that off too!! Hahaha first attempts going super! Xx

Nah I gave up at 12:40am. The chemicals have made my chest hurt even tho all the doors were open and I was wearing a mask, so no more stripper going to sand it. Hopefully have the first coat of paint on tonight :) x

Some varnishes are a reet booger to get rid of! Our intricately carved ront door here in Spain was done with a tough polyurethane finish and it took me 4 applications of stripper to get rid of it - even though it was falling off in places :cry:

5lbs off today! YAYAYAYAY! Not sure how or why the weight is suddenly dissappearing but I'm definitely not going to complain! Happy days.

Well after 2 hours of sanding its better but maybe only 1/6 clear of the vaneer, the wood is so so pretty under, pretty sure it's oak, quite dark lovely lines so I've put another coat of paint and varnish remover on just to see if now I'm past all the solid waxy shiny top it'll get rid of it. Can't wait to start painting it! Need to sand the legs as well though.

I can see why people use the chalk paints that don't need any prep work! Jeeze!

Haha! At least my first piece is testing me out have to try lots to get this ready to paint up. Next stop Corbridge to buy chalk paint! Xx

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to a 5 lb loss chica.
Don't worry about why - just grab it and run.

I suspect though it's because you've de-stressed. Uni finished for this year, assignments all submitted etc etc etc.
I always hang onto weight when I'm stressed.

Thanks bev, I would imagine so yes, plus I'm kinda out and about all day which is helping as I'm not just sitting around and eating, plus we're on a takeaway ban we used to get one most Saturdays usually thai, Vietnamese or sushi so maybe that's helped too, really focused for target now 1st to go! X

I'm preparing for a gain in the morning as a WI night treat I had 2 samosas with curry night. Avoided the bhajis and chappatis tho. So there's a small achievement!

Veneer is nearly off too!! Think another lil sand and then I can clean up the wood to prime :)

I doubt 2 samosas will give you a gain hun! Some vigorous sanding will sort it out lol xxx
Agreed - no way will 2 samosas ruin a good week. Hop up and down whilst sanding and use some extra calories :8855:

Here's hoping! Thanks ladies

I'm actually aching all over from a whole day of sanding/painting/cleaning! That can only be a good thing!

Night all, sleepy times for me xx

Back