Eeek Help

tinks_88

Hi Guys,

Tonight i want to attempt to cook my first ever spaghetti bolegnaise, could anyone give me ideas for how to make it? I'll probably have it as a green meal as i am doing mix2match this week, so i will use quorn mince but just wondering how to make the actual sauce?

Thanks Guys!!:)

i fry of onions and garlic in frylight add small diced carrots, courgettes and peppers add a beef oxo cube then tin of chopped toms and or passata (depending on how much you want to make) dried or fresh herbs. Then add the quorn and some boiling water to get it to the right thickness. I make a huge pan up and freeze in small dishes so i have a meal ready when im desparate.

Oh and if you have worcester sauce you can add some of that to x

thank you for your recipe sounds lovely and simple to cook aswell!! Iv enver tried passata before - does this sauce taste similar to bolegnaise sauces that you can get from a jar or will it come out more tomatoey (i know thats not a word lol)

Natasha - good call on all those added veggies!

I fry onion and garlic, then just add a can or two of chopped tomatoes and some dried mixed herbs.

If I'm having spag bol the OH usually has garlic bread, so I use a slice or two of my hexb bread with either a little bit of pasata, or tomato puree (remember to syn it!) or some quark if I have any in, mixed with some garlic, spread on the bread and popped in the oven for a bit. YUM.

yeah its just blended tomatoes you can get it with added herbs and garlic aswell. I add loads of veges to mine as my oldest son seems to have developed a phobia to fruit and veg now hes 12 lol

I havnt bought any garlic bread for weeks as its a bit of a weakness off mine i could eat loads of it lol:D

My recipe for Spag Bol is: -

Fry off Extra Lean Beef Mince in a wok with frylight, crumbling a beef OXO cube over it. Once browned off, add onion and garlic and fry for 2-3 mins. Then add 1tbsp of tomato puree (syn it, I think it's 1 syn per tbsp), a tin of chopped tomatoes, a sprinkle of mixed herbs, a glug of worcestershire sauce and half the tomatoes tin of water. After that bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and add sliced mushrooms.

Leave that to simmer while cooking your pasta (whole wheat spaghetti for me!)

My boyfriend and I tried adding the extra vegs, but my BF is a fuss pot and didn't like them. :p

Hope your Spag Bol was super yummy!! xx

I always make a HUGE pan of quorn bolognaise as it's the base for so many things. You can then have another portion as chilli (just add chilli powder and kidney beans), quorn lasagne (YUM!) or quorn sherpherds pie!

I always make a HUGE pan of quorn bolognaise as it's the base for so many things. You can then have another portion as chilli (just add chilli powder and kidney beans), quorn lasagne (YUM!) or quorn sherpherds pie!

yeah me to i freeze it in small tubs so can use it for different things had chilli and rice yesterday can also make it in to a pie by slicing sweet and normal pots on top (par boiled first) and adding a spinkle of hex a cheese

Back