Eeekkk change needed asap

Slimming world newbeeeee

Calorie Counting this time !
Ok so after years of thinking I was too heavy I now am actually too heavy, I wish I had embraced my curves and been happy with being a size 14, which is definely not the case anymore. After living in leggings for months and being in complete denial I went along to a new local slimming world on Monday. I'm trilled to be able to carb up but not so trilled a glass of prosecco has 5 syns which is my downfall. Anyway, enough waffling here goes:

Start weight: 13.6
Goal: take it day by day lol

Food day 1:

B) overnight oats with berries
L) jacket potato with beans and salad (no butter)
D) spag Bol (slimming world) with cheese

Snacks) lots of muller light Greek style yogurt and banana

No syns today - going forward that'll change I'm sure.
Does anyone else save their syns for a weekend blow out ? Although I'm not sure about this as my willpower disappears after a few vino's

Day 2)

B) overnight oats with muller and berries
L) tuna pasta salad with cucumber spring onion carrot
D) homemade slimming world curry with broccoli and garden peas

Snack) Greek style miller light and bananas

Syns- 2 for hot chocolate

Day 3

B) overnight oats with berries
L) tuna pasta salad with cucumer lettuce spring onion and carrot
D) jacket potato with beans and cheese

Snacks) yogurt banana and a cheeky packet of chocolate buttons

10.5 syns

Testing times ahead with the weekend, no plans but usually end up being naughty

Stayed on plan over the bank holiday weekend using syns on vodka.

Weigh in last night and down 2.5lb, not a big first week loss compared to some but I'm finding the plan easy enough so happy enough.

New weight: 13st 3.5lb

I didn't use a lot of syns last week expect on vodka at the weekend, apparently you should try and use at least 5 per day, has this helped anyone else's weight loss ?

Day 7

B) overnight oats
L) tuna pasta salad with cucumber peas carrot and red pepper
D) chicken with pour over Nando's sauce 1 syn for sauce broccoli, peas corn on the cob and potato
Snack) yogurt and berrie

Syns) salad dressing 1 syn
Nando Sauce 1 syn
2 x Hifi bar 6 syn
Sugar free crusha strawberry flavour (helps with the milk hex) 0.5 syn

Had my favourite breakfast this morning SW French toast with berries and yogurt- yummmm

Well 10 weeks on and I got my 1 stone award tonight, absolutely buzzing!

B) overnight oats, made with toffee muller light and frozen berries
L) chicken salad, cucumber lettuce red pepper pasta extra light mayo - 1 syn
D) cod, slimming world chips and sweet corn side of raw carrots and cucumber

Snacks) melon, pineapple and apple yogurt and a biscuit - 5 syns

Food today:

B) overnight oats Made with toffeemuller and frozen berries
L) tinned mackerel in tomato sauce with salad
D) SW spaghetti bol with leaves and 40g of cheese

Snacks) muller and fruit

Syns) sugar free sweets 3
Cinnamon cereal, handful dry 3 syns?

Food yesterday

B) overnight oats
L) spag Bol
D) prawn Noodles with mushroom peppers fajita seasoning and leaves
S) berries and yogurt, apple

HEX A) soya Chocolate milk carton + 1.5 syns
Syns) Freddo bar 5 and extra light mayo 1

This seems like a lot of food, does anybody else think that when they do their diary ??

Had a STS last night and was a bit disappointed as I was completely on plan. I previously lost 5 weeks in a row. My food can be a bit repetitive especially breakfast as I love oats made with muller light. I tried beans on toast this morning with fruit on the side but wasn't keen as I like a sweet breakfast. Does anyone have any suggestions? Xx

I like choc chip weetabix crispy minis (hex B) with some of my milk allowance and lots of fruit (strawberries, raspberries and blueberries is my fav mix). I find it nice and filling but takes care of the sweet craving too.

I like choc chip weetabix crispy minis (hex B) with some of my milk allowance and lots of fruit (strawberries, raspberries and blueberries is my fav mix). I find it nice and filling but takes care of the sweet craving too.
Ooooo sounds good although probably won't have chocolate flavoured as choc is a bit of a trigger/binge food for me but will definitely grab a box of a different flavour, thank u !

I had banana on toast this morning with a peach and some raspberries, acually made a nice change ! X

Just read your diary your doing really well. I'm the same as you after so long get fed up with the same foods. Here some ideas for breakfast depending on how much time you have. I'm a stay at home mum hence it isn't all quick things

Scrambled eggs
Beans on toast
Weight watchers wrap hex b (beans egg bacon)
2 x hifi bars/ alpen bars and fruit
Fruit salad
Bacon sandwich thin
Cooked breakfast which I have at the weekend

Ment to add try and have at least 5 syns. They say this so you don't feel deprived and have a big blow out. I was advised not to save syns for the weekends at group last time.

Do you go to a group ?

Ment to add try and have at least 5 syns. They say this so you don't feel deprived and have a big blow out. I was advised not to save syns for the weekends at group last time.

Do you go to a group ?

Hi Laura,

Thanks some good breakfast ideas there, will try some of them out.. especially the savoury ones as they may help to change my sweet tooth! I work 9-3 and have an 8 year old and a 13 year old so am pretty busy most of the time and tend to prep my food for the next day the night before (I'm not a morning person lol)

I go to group (started in april) and I do have at least 5 syns now and don't save my syns for the weekend anymore :-( I have switched from wine to vodka as you can have 5 singles !! My biggest challenge with this has been the weekends and alcohol, which is why the weight piled on in the first place. In the beginning i tried not to have Chocolate either as once I start I can't stop and end up totally bingeing. I am making progress and can now have a freddo but it has to be in the evening otherwise I crave sugar all day!!

Sorry for the long reply but I guess if you can get your head in the right place the rest is a lot easier xx

Ooooo sounds good although probably won't have chocolate flavoured as choc is a bit of a trigger/binge food for me but will definitely grab a box of a different flavour, thank u !

I had banana on toast this morning with a peach and some raspberries, acually made a nice change ! X

Glad you found something new that you enjoyed :) The other nice cereal that's a bit sweet and a hex B are tesco's blueberry wheats. I used to eat them almost by the box :oops: so haven't brought any because they are a possible binge trigger for me but might suit you for breakfasts.

Hi Laura,

Thanks some good breakfast ideas there, will try some of them out.. especially the savoury ones as they may help to change my sweet tooth! I work 9-3 and have an 8 year old and a 13 year old so am pretty busy most of the time and tend to prep my food for the next day the night before (I'm not a morning person lol)

I go to group (started in april) and I do have at least 5 syns now and don't save my syns for the weekend anymore :-( I have switched from wine to vodka as you can have 5 singles !! My biggest challenge with this has been the weekends and alcohol, which is why the weight piled on in the first place. In the beginning i tried not to have Chocolate either as once I start I can't stop and end up totally bingeing. I am making progress and can now have a freddo but it has to be in the evening otherwise I crave sugar all day!!

Sorry for the long reply but I guess if you can get your head in the right place the rest is a lot easier xx

I have a 2 year old and she keeps me busy lol. Even if you alter at the weekend means you get abit of change in there.

5 vodkas never thort of it like that haha. I enjoy my wine at the weekend and i miss it. I think when kids are in bed it's nice to relax with some wine and a takeaway lol.

I'm goin to try and stay away from buyin low syn treat because like you say once you have one you want more. I'm also the same as you save untill night time. I'm goin to save my hifi bars for at night just so I get a little fix as I really enjoy them.

Back