EEEWWWW the porrige is awfull!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by cddietgal, 22 September 2008 Social URL.

1. cddietgal

cddietgal Full Member

EEWWWW just had 1 taste of it and it was awfull,bleugh!!! had a glass of water and going to have a shake instead

No point to ths post just needed to tell someone how eeeww i thought it was lol

cdg x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Angela1

Angela1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.53%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    try it with a bit more water. It is growing on me.

4. LellyCD

LellyCD Trying to stay healthy!

first time with the porridge i wasn't impressed with the smell or the taste but i now add 2 sweetners and it tastes just like real porridge to me! love it!

5. Alexandria

Alexandria Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I felt the exact same way as you. Yuk porridge, but tried it with 200 ml water and it's yummy, my favourite now.

6. missymoo

missymoo Fed up of being fat

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I dont like it either, had a few mouthfulls just to make sure and was gagging by the last couple, haha! I was going to add a sweetner to it but thought it tasted so sweet already that it might just make it even worse? Oh well hot choc tetra drinks for me still.

7. cambridge*diet*08

cambridge*diet*08 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.8%)
    Diet:
    CD Sole Source
    i felt the same way but i had to try it again... and again as i wanted to love it!

i now add 200ml of water and blend with a hand mixer before putting in microwave for a minute.

now its lovely and smooth/ runny and not lumpy and is my fave!!!

8. hanloje

hanloje Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Varies!
    I hated it first go, but water it down a lot and add some chocolate shake powder.. yummy!

9. JaxieD

JaxieD Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I love the lumps!! Best part of it!!:D

10. wannabeskinny

wannabeskinny Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.32%)
    Diet:
    cd
    i love porridge especially the lumps xxxx

11. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hand blend it and instead of 140mils of water add 200. And addsweetner, tastes heavenly that way.

12. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

ooooooh I still haven't tried it and now I am really worried I am gonna hate it! I so so wanna love it! I still have a week and a bit till I can try it :(

13. Stacey.T

Stacey.T New Member

I love it but I also have to use 200ml of water.

1st go I was not impressed but now it is my fave & I really look forward to it.

Just one thing (a little off topic) I have just had a sip of a Choc Tetra Brik & I swear it is off. It tasted VILE :strikeout_button:I use them every day for work & I usually love em. I'm scared to try another now it was sooo horrid.

Anyone else had this???

BTW it is well in date (Feb 09)

14. EmmaLouise81

EmmaLouise81 Full Member

I love the porridge with cinnamon, so lovely. I keep reading about lumps, but I have the texture of the grains but are people talking about powder lumps?

When I add the water I use a fork to whisk the mixture and it always comes out perfectly. Adore the stuff!

15. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

I hated it first time too, but as others have said I now add more water have also tried it with a bit of chocolate shake.. and love it!
    Having it everynight now at bed time which gives me a nice full tummy to sleep on.
    xx

16. Marci 26

Marci 26 Member

I love it with cinnamon too.
    I like my ready brek lumpy, so I don't mind the lumps, but sometimes add more water for a change.
    One a day for me.
    Love it.

17. Springador

Springador Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi Stacy,
    I had the same problem with a choc tetra (feb09), I had one sip and oh my god it was rank. I havent touched one since.
    Good job I like the porridge.

18. Stacey.T

Stacey.T New Member

I am the same...It was soooo bad I doubt I will try another. Oh well, more porrigde for me :p

19. tracy2421

tracy2421 Full Member

hi, i love it, i add 200ml water as well, now having 2 porridge and a bar a day, goes down really well after ive been swimming, why is it you always starving after a swim,

20. judders74

judders74 Full Member

Hi...

Sorry you're not keen on the porridge. If you get bored and fancy trying it again in a week or two (maybe with more water, e.g. 180ml) you never know you might change your mind.

I keep changing my mind about shake flavours every few weeks! I used to love Fruits of the Forest shake and now gag at the smell of anything vaguely similar!

I wonder if it also helps to not think of it as "porridge" when you eat it (i.e. don't compare it to "real" porridge). It is more like ready Brek with gorgeous lumps of cookie dough in (hope thats not put you off for good now!!! LOL).

Another nice way to eat it is to add a teaspoon of vanilla shake flavouring...gives it a really nice creamy taste and is reminiscent of crumble and custard (at least, in MY mind!).

As others have said, a touch of chocolate or banana shake mix also goes down a treat, but avoid cheese and broccoli soup flavoured porridge.

Good luck...

Prince of Porridge

21. angie-bum

angie-bum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(8.87%)
    Diet:
    Vlcd/lchf
    I will have to retry the porridge as I too thought it was rank! Ok guys you have convince me, more water, hand blender and chocky or vanilla powder coming up! (I will try it for tea)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.