Eeries Dukan Journey :)

eerie

Hi all!

Been lurking on this forum for the last week or so, and i'm so impressed by the support you guys give each other, so i've decided to take the plunge and start a diary :)

First, let me introduce myself! I'm 27, from Dublin but have been living in Massachusetts for the last year for work. I work a crazy amount of hours here so my eating habits have been all over the place since I moved here. I'm in the type of job where I have no set breaks for proper food (but there are buckets of sweets and chocolate around to snack on) and have often worked an entire 16 hour shift without eating, then I go home and binge before sleep :mad: Have put on a little over a stone in the last year.

This is week 4 of dukan for me. Did 5 days of attack and am now on to 1:1 PP:pV. Have lost 12lbs so far, 6 were on attack. I've another 18lbs to go according to Dr. D, although my true weight seems very thin for me so will consider moving to consolidation in another 10lbs. Last time I was that thin, was post-illness and looking back on pictures of then I had no boobs to speak of and my face looked a little gaunt. Might have just been because I was sick, but i'll reserve judgement until then ;)

Am working nights right now, so my B/L/D schedule is a little out of whack. I'm trying to eat breakfast when I get home, sleep, lunch when I wake up and dinner before work, then just have small snacks in work all night.

Here's what I had yesterday (PP):
B: Oatbran porridge with splenda and vanilla flavoring
L: 2x poached eggs with sliced turkey
D: Smoked paprika chicken breast (it was huge!)
Snacks: SF popsicle, SF jelly, FF greek yoghurt with a little splenda and vanilla flavoring.
Drinks: Diet Dr. Pepper, water, tea, coffee
Exercise: a short walk before work (10 mins), but I spent my entire shift running around the hospital :)

Some days I get the feeling that I'm not eating enough. I did a calorie count in my fitness pal and it only came to 800 one PP day (needless to say I had a couple of extra eggs and some sliced ham after I read that!), so I'm making a big effort to eat more.

Thanks for reading :D

Eerie

Hi Eerie, welcome & well done on your loss so far. As you've already said the girls are so supportive here which they so are ! Any questions shout up there's a lot of experience on here & someone will know the answer.

Looking forward to reading more about you x

Thanks Jojo! I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for you guys in the coming weeks. Getting a little sick of my usual food routine, so i'll be branching out soon :)

Husband is making swordfish steaks on the BBQ for dinner and I cannot wait! He's not dukaning, but has lost 10lbs since I started just by eating the same dinners as me - so not fair!

Hi again,

Had a little set back yesterday morning :( was just finishing my shift when I felt really weak and dizzy. It was a busy night so i didn't eat/drink much. Tried drinking some water and that helped a little but ended up having a fat free fruit yoghurt (for the sugar) and that totally did the trick. Must have been a little hypoglycemic??? I've been feeling great on the diet until now - was a really weird feeling. Have often gone for that long pre-dukan without eating or drinking and never had this happen. Spent most of the morning feeling nauseous but was much better after a sleep.

Todays Food (PV):
B: just that yoghurt, was too nauseous to eat anything else
L: Had my oat bran porridge with splenda and cinnamon
D: Swordfish steak (yum!) with grilled asparagus
Snack: small handful of carrot sticks and FF philadelphia for dipping, SF popsicle
Drinks: Diet Dr.P, lots of water, coffee

Wow - that's not a lot of food for one day, and not a whole lot of protein either (about 850 cals), but was still feeling iffy and didn't want to overdo it. Must eat more tomorrow!

Alright - back on track today! Still felt a little woozy after yesterday's debacle but pushed on :)

B: oat bran porridge with Splenda and vanilla
L: leftover swordfish
D: Jamaican jerked chicken - yum-tastic!
Snack: SF jelly, SF popsicle, accidentally ate a mini carrot before I realized today was a PP day (oops)
Drinks: water, hot cocoa, diet coke

Had a mini weigh-in this morning but haven't budged since Sunday :( I'll live in hope that I at least lose something this week. Only 3.5 weeks to my holidays and my (ambitious!) aim was to get to 10st by then...

Back