Egg Fried Rice???

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by kazz, 17 October 2006 Social URL.

1. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I know I am being a bit dizzy, but does anyone know how to make egg fried rice? My daughter wants some and I refuse to go to the chinese!!

Thx,....

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. 4busybee

4busybee Full Member

Cook your rice, then heat some oil in a frying pan/wok, whisk up eggs, like an omelette. Put your rice in the frying pan/wok and stir add peas or anything else you want in it the add you agg mixture and keep stirring it round the rice until it cooks and voila! egg fried rice. You can add abit of soy sauce if you wish but its not reallly needed. Hope she enjoys.

kazz likes this.
  4. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Thanks so much Busy.....this will now keep her happy and keep me away from the temptation of the chinese!!!

5. Bellybee

Bellybee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(6.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Also just in case anyone is interested for a healthy version in the future.
    Cook rice and drain.
    Spray olive oil fry light in a wok whisk 2 egg whites together with garlic powder and soy sauce if wanted.
    pur rice in wok add any vegetables as wanted and then add egg mixture.
    As long as you keep an eye on the portion sizes this should be a lot healthier.

6. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Hey, did I hear my name used in vane?!!:mad:

7. Redpam

Redpam Living the Life

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    It is best to cook the eggs first and then add the rice . That is what the Chinese do or the egg will soak into the rice and make it soggy
    Pam

8. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW

OK, make it ditzy!!!;)

9. gaijingirl

gaijingirl has lying hips

Diet:
    LL
    Pour the eggs into the pan.... cook them in a very thin layer. Then cut them into strips. Once this is done... then add the rice and veg and fry together - otherwise you wont get the nice little strips of egg and it will all be a bit gloopy. It's especially good done with sesame oil (which is expensive, so what they will usually do in Asia is mix a small amount of sesame oil with vegetable oil as the base). To make it extra special, toast some sesame seeds in a small pan and sprinkle over the top...

yummmmmmm

vicariously enjoying other people's food whilst on SS!

10. matty

matty Regular Member

I whisk two eggs with a dash of Thai fish sauce and then cook it in a thin layer like an ommlette, then cut it in strips and add at the end to the fried rice and veg, it is yum! And I would think very nutritous for kids.
    Matty
    x

11. bluevein

bluevein Member

Whisk eggs-do like scramble eggs and put aside. Fry slight like a saute some veggies, with little soy sauce and garlic powder. then you chops garlic cubes very small and fry them slightly in your wok and then add the rice sprinkle with salt, garlic powder, the veggies and eggs and little soy sauce for taste and colour and stir until rice and veggies are blended nicely and serve hot!!!
    its yummy!!!!:D

12. glovesOff

glovesOff New Member

I think I just drooled all over the keyboard. It sounds soooo delicious!!! Wish I weren't at work so I could try this.

13. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm me want some!!

14. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    i dont like this thread! can we ban any topics even remotely related to chinese takeaways please? lol

hope ur daughter enjoys her fried rice. i will give it a try in about 7 months times :( sounds gorgeous!

xxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.