EGGs arent they bad if you eat too many?

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
I was always told that you should limit the amount of Eggs you have as they are full of cholesterol. I had 3 yesterday and i was going to have 3 for my pancakes for bfast..... hooked on these... and then have sunny side up eggs x2 beans and chips for dinner. therefore 5 eggs in one day.

can anyone advise?
x

I've heard that too but........ I eat loads of eggs, sometimes have 2 for breakky and then 2 for tea with gammon. I reckon I could get through a dozen a week! My cholestrol is okay. I have also been told that high cholestrol can also be genetic, even if you eat very low fat you can still have high cholestrol.

The theory about eggs being bad for your chloresterol was changed a few years ago. Now they are supposed to be good for you!:D

I think like anything, you should eat in moderation. 'Experts' change their minds more often than their pants so just go with what you want but don't go overboard

our consultant always says if you have high colestorol limit the amount of eggs you eat but if you dont then dont worry about it at all

Personally I would say that 5 is a lot in one day but if it's not every day then I see no problem with it

I agree wth Taz.. You arent meant to have more than 10 a week...x

My dad used to have high cholesterol but was told that eggs are good for the health as low in saturated fat which is the main factor in high blood cholesterol (second to genetics), dietry cholesterol mainly being indigestible apparently (who knew!). He loved eggs and ate two every morning.

My dad used to have high cholesterol but was told that eggs are good for the health as low in saturated fat which is the main factor in high blood cholesterol (second to genetics), dietry cholesterol mainly being indigestible apparently (who knew!). He loved eggs and ate two every morning.

huh? :8855: I am so dumb but i didnt get a word of that. lol.x:rolleyes:

I love boiled eggs I wouldn't get by on SW without them I have 2-3 daily they are really filling

I eat loads, but make sure you don't get eggbound! (not sure if that's a real effect or just what the kids used to say in school...)

I heard your not menat to have more than one or two a day and not every day as there so high in cholesterol they also cause constipation and the same goes for prawns they are really high in cholesterol too!! this is just what i heard anyways...

Apparently it is a myth about too many eggs giving you high cholesterol. My dr told me to eat pleanty as they are rich in vitamin b12 and i have a problem with b12 so i eat at least 2 per day normally. They are great, you can have them along with anything!

I love eggs and love having omlettes for breakfast with beans and then with sw chips on an evening. I have been known to have eggs almost every day some weeks when on sw and I always had really good loses.

I suppose if you're really worried or concerned you could visit your gp and ask his/her advice as to what would be suitable for you x

I don't think people realise how many eggs they actually eat!!

Think it's mainly because on the SW plan most foods are cooked from scratch we acually start to notice how many eggs we eat.

The numbers were probably no different before, just well hidden.

Look at the ingredients for all the ready made food you eat...or maybe would have eaten in the past. Most things contain egg.

Back