Eggs - how many is too many?

I will succeed!!!
I eat a lot of eggs. Sometimes probably 8-10 a week but I'd say on average 6-8.

I've been trying to find out on the net how many is too many due to the cholesterol, but struggling to find a definative answer. I realise age and fitness will come into it too which is probably why I cannot find a set answer.

I've started eating less boiled and more scrambled so using less yolks (say 3 egg whites and 1 egg yolk etc).

What dya think?

How many eggs is too many eggs?

I eat lots of eggs too - we keep 6 chickens and I have lots of free range fresh eggs every day.

It has been said that you can eat eggs safely now as the danger of high cholesterrol has been dis-proved.

Either way I love eggs cooked in any way, shape or form so I shall keep on enjoying them - plus they are SF food...

I eat lots of eggs too - we keep 6 chickens and I have lots of free range fresh eggs every day.

It has been said that you can eat eggs safely now as the danger of high cholesterrol has been dis-proved.

Either way I love eggs cooked in any way, shape or form so I shall keep on enjoying them - plus they are SF food...

Oooo interesting. I was just reading a website and that wasn't said, but I didn't check when it was last updated so it could be well out of date!

I love eggs too - scrummy! Thanks for the heads up about the dis-provage :) x

Yes I've heard that this is now incorrect information and eggs have no bearing on cholesterol.

I eat lots of eggs, 4 on a weekend to start with and more during the week. I'd say, on average, I eat 8 to 10 a week.

That it? I can easily cane a pack of 12 eggs a week. Lovely stuff.

Whatcha think Rocky went through each week with his regime of eating raw eggs. And he won the world title (Rocky 2)!! Addddddddrrrrrrriiiiiiiannnnnnnnn(rocky 1)

Hadn't heard eggs had been disassociated with cholestrol but before that we were always told a max of 6 if you had high chol, and 10 if you didn't. I guess like everything - in moderation! I average 2 a day - they're so versatile!

My dad eats a jug full of Raw eggs all the time!! protein lol!!

Jug of raw eggs?! *vomit*

I get through at least 6 a week, sometimes double that. The guidance on cholesterol and eggs was only changed quite recently - earlier this year I think, or back end of last year.

There are only about 80 calories per egg :)

With eggs they do have bad cholestral but they have equal amounts of good, and its the combination of the two which is important. If you have alot of bad without any good thats when your ill. If you have high good and bad you wont be ill thats fine and healthy. When they go on on adverts about lowing your bad cholestral, they actual mean decreasing the difference between good and bad by raising your good. so yeh eggs are fine eat away!

Back