Eggs, how many?

louschu

How many eggs are we allowed to eat in a single day, I've been eating 2 per day but was thinking about having another as a snack in the evening. I've read the book several times and I can't see a limit unless you have high cholestrol

officially 5 yokes per week unlimited whites

Direct quote
"If you are not allergic to eggs, do not have a high cholesterol count, and cook them without oil or butter, you may eat 2 eggs every day without running any risk during the brief Attack phase"
That's the rule I've been following :)

The official website has a chat feature on the right hand side of the home page where moderators respond to questions; anyone can read it. that's where some info comes from.

How do you know you don't have high cholesterol incidentally? few are tested in the UK as a matter of routine, whereas in France we are.

For your health's sake, I'd "lose" a few yolks here and there in recipes. ie if a recipe asks for four eggs, "lose" 2 yolks and you'll not know the difference.

If you're likely to be on the diet for a lengthy period, I'd advise keeping an eye on your egg yolk consumption. 2 a day seems reasonable. 3 would give you 21 a week which could be thought excessive.

There are plenty of other foods we can have...

The official website has a chat feature on the right hand side of the home page where moderators respond to questions; anyone can read it. that's where some info comes from.

How do you know you don't have high cholesterol incidentally? few are tested in the UK as a matter of routine, whereas in France we are.

For your health's sake, I'd "lose" a few yolks here and there in recipes. ie if a recipe asks for four eggs, "lose" 2 yolks and you'll not know the difference.

If you're likely to be on the diet for a lengthy period, I'd advise keeping an eye on your egg yolk consumption. 2 a day seems reasonable. 3 would give you 21 a week which could be thought excessive.

There are plenty of other foods we can have...

Thanks for the info maintainer:)

I know I haven't got a problem with my cholestrol as I've been tested recently due to a family member having slightly raised levels.

I am also limited as to what I can eat as I'm a pescatarian and I don't want to introduce quorn on attack as I know it's a bit of a question mark on whether we should be eating it on this diet. I'm going to try and keep the number of eggs down to no more than 2 yolks a day

As a pescatarian, I'd certainly introduce quorn... How long are you planning on doing attack for? Did you check out the "vegetarian" version of Dukan because there are additional things you can have because you're not having meat (perhaps just a few as you're eating fish...)

Back