eggs

LVLLM

Gold Member
So... how many eggs do you all eat per day. TBH i could do with having more than 2 somedays but the book says only 2 yolks - if so is this due to cholesterol?? as

British Heart Foundation - Eggs

depends ,sometimes i have 2 but then i might have 3 but 1 without a yolk

yeah me too but I want more than 3 with yolks :D

can't stomach the idea of eggs at the moment - too long messing around with the mock bhf diet methinks :S scrambled at a push...

ooh the beetroot diet?

I found it on netmums website a few months ago

here's the details - it's NOT affiliated with bhf though...

National heart foundation diet

The basis of this diet is chemical. If you follow the diet to the letter for one week you should lose 14 pounds (and possibly up to 20 pounds)

Day 1 Breakfast 1 slice dry toast and grilled tomatoes
Lunch Fresh fruit (any amount)
Dinner 2 hard boiled eggs, salad, grapefruit

Day 2 Breakfast Grapefruit, 1 boiled egg
Lunch Roast chicken (any amount) & tomatoes
Dinner Grilled steak and salad

Day 3 Breakfast Grapefruit, 1 boiled egg
Lunch 2 boiled eggs and tomatoes
Dinner 2 Grilled lamb chops, celery & cucumber

Day 4 Breakfast 2 slices dry toast, 2 poached eggs
Lunch fresh fruit (any amount)
Dinner 2 hard boiled eggs, salad, grapefruit

Day 5 Breakfast 1 slice dry toast, 2 poached eggs
Lunch 2 poached eggs & tomatoes
Dinner Fresh or tinned fish and salad

Day 6 Breakfast 1 boiled egg, 1 glass grapefruit juice
Lunch Fresh fruit (any amount)
Dinner Roast chicken, cabbage, carrots

Day 7 Breakfast 2 scrambled eggs, grilled tomatoes
Lunch 2 Poached eggs& spinach
Dinner Grilled steak & salad

NOTE

Abstain from anything not mentioned.
Eat only what is shown or do without.
No substitutions allowed.
No eating between meals
No alcohol
No butter milk or fat

Drinks = black tea, black coffee, lemon tea, grapefruit juice, tonic, soda or water only
Salad = lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and celery only

DO NOT DIET FOR MORE THAN ONE WEEK AT A TIME

and....does it work? seems ok to me :D apart from the abstaining!

i lost like a lb a day!! :S but it's not exactly maintainable - I now take a bite of a boiled egg and feel like a bulimic :S...weird!

It's like low carb/carb cycling/calorie cycling AND low fat all rolled into one! I worked it out to less than 1200 cals a day...

and contrary to beliefs there weren't any whiffy problems :D.... aside from when you came off it, then a couple of days of erm...bottom burps :D

I did something similar years ago when young... with my Mum... eventually I was sneaking swiss rolls into my bedroom...

Back to the subject in hand... eggs... this time I've made a conscious effort to stick (mostly) to the 2 egg yolks but I have three three times a week I'm afraid. (Cholesterol checked each year, and I'm fine!).

I put a whole one in my muffins which doesn't help... then often have one at lunchtime... then there are the baked egg custards three nights a week... I try not to have an egg daytimes if I'm having an eggy pudding... hey, but life happens...!!

I love eggs and I buy them from a local farmer so I'm sure they're cholesterol free ;)
(ahem!)

(and they're probably why I'm "egg bound"!)

ahh im sure eggs dont make you constipated!!!!

"Constipation is more likely to occur if you have a diet low in fibre, yet high in fats, found in foods such as cheese, eggs and meat."

I rest my case Your Lordship...

It then goes on to tell you what foods to eat to ensure you DON'T get constipated... suffice to say that they're all BANNED!

"Good sources of fibre include fresh fruit and vegetables, brown bread, brown rice and potatoes with their jackets."
Constipation

You know what? Maybe I should do a week of that diet to shake things up after my holiday (I'll miss the oatbran though!)

make oatbran bread and have that on the morning instead :D

and oh bugger!

Back