eggs

maddy1

hi everyone just a bit confused with the egg situation, it says in the book you can have 2 eggs per day, but then earlier in the book it says you can have more if you use egg white, can someone clarify what you can have please, because ive had 3 eggs today and 2 egg whites : (( i know it sounds a lot but i had scrambled egg for breakfast and for quickness tonight had an omelette with my tuna , so i think ive gone way over board on the eggs today lol x

Hi Maddy. I'd like someone to.clarify this also.
I do know for sure that egg whites are unlimited as its pure protein. In the book it says this. And it says you can have up to 2 egg yolks per day (as this is the fatty bit) which is also stated in the book.
But I was reading on the net and lots of sites say your only aloud one yolk a day and some say you can have a maximum of 5 per week.

hi samjay, im so glad im not the only one confused ha ha, hopefully someone or maintainer will tell us the answer x

Until I find out the correct amount I've decided to stick to one yolk a day. And as many whites as I want. Just to be on the safe side. Fingers crossed :)

maddy1 said:
hi samjay, im so glad im not the only one confused ha ha, hopefully someone or maintainer will tell us the answer x

When I was coached early last year it was limited to 5 yolks a week & unlimited whites. I often ate one a day but the rule was supposedly only 5 allowed, not 7!

Good luck guys.

The book also recommends that you limit your egg yolks if you have (like me) high cholesterol. I therefore limit mine to between 2-4 per week.

Cheryl x

Soshbfly . Thanks very much. Was the coaching worth the money?

Absolutely NOT... it was the worst. Got a refund after much complaining. They were totally unequipped to deal with their customers (emails down for over a week just as I was moving to Cruise). The good thing though was that it brought me to this board!! (someone else on Dukan coaching recommended and its been such a great help - this, I'd actually pay for!! ;))

I use the Dr Oetker Egg White Powder, for making galettes etc so I'm not 'wasting' yolks, quick and easy to use.

I use the Dr Oetker Egg White Powder, for making galettes etc so I'm not 'wasting' yolks, quick and easy to use.

I use "Liquid Egg Whites" which are ACE. I tried the powder, but I never got the hang of it. You can buy the 1kg cartons at health food stores. Once you open, its good for at least a week (though i've used longer) in the fridge. Just another option for egg whites :).

Jess, how much do you use for 1 egg white and how much is it?
I was looking for the liquid egg when I found the powder, is it only available in health food stores or supermarkets too?
Thank-you!

Jess, how much do you use for 1 egg white and how much is it?
I was looking for the liquid egg when I found the powder, is it only available in health food stores or supermarkets too?
Thank-you!

Hi Cheryl,
I don't actually measure my portions as egg whites are negligible with calories. But I checked container and it said 1 egg white = 2 tablespoons. I probably use 3x that a day easy.

I've ordered mine from MyProtein.com in the past but you have to buy 6 at a time (they keep for a long time at room temp though so that's okay if you don't mind spending ££ up front). I found that my local Tesco Extra has a health store inside and they stock it by the bottle so I just get there now. Wouldn't think you'd find it in the actual store (I've searched before and never found it). Its totally worth it though as they make being healthy VERY easy - just pour in a pan and you're off!

Good luck!

I have found the brand 2Chicks egg white in a carton, in Waitrose and Sainsburys.

I use the egg white powder dry when making the ob cake. I only use two tbs of oat bran and leave out the baking soda so find it helps with the texture.

slimdreamer said:
I have found the brand 2Chicks egg white in a carton, in Waitrose and Sainsburys.

I use the egg white powder dry when making the ob cake. I only use two tbs of oat bran and leave out the baking soda so find it helps with the texture.

Ooooo where do you find it in sainsburys ???

I have found it in different places in the two Sainsburys near me. One next to the milk in the chilled area the other next to the Kosher section in the chilled area.

I had to ask where it was in both after seeing it in Waitrose. I have never looked at Asda or Morrisons but Tesco in my area at least don't do it.

Back