Total Solution Eight Stone to go! Slinky summer here I come...

Ok, nightmare shift. Saturday nights we sometimes have a buffet where everyone brings something in. Easy for me to avoid but I got put in an awkward position. The guys brought in hand made pizzas as a contest (weve done chilli, cake etc before) and being the boss I was nominated judge. I minimised by getting everyone to have some then vote but I had to have a bite of each(while watched) to cast my vote. I felt rotten because they'd made them specially. There were 5 of them! So, I guess sometimes its not good that people don't know you're dieting. I avoided my bar and drank a ton of water, fingers crossed the damage isn't too great. I only had a small bite of a bit I cut off and used the excuse that I ate before I came. :doh:

Porridge then bed for me....

well done hon - good control. you'll be fine. :)

Hi Angel... that is a totally nightmare chick... theres not really anyway you can avoid stuff like that.
I know you said you were treated differently when you were thin... I totally had this too before, and I dont like how people see me, when I am overweight.
Hope you have a good sleep :D

Oh no, I suppose with them not knowing they wouldn't have thought anything of it. I'm sure the damage won't be too bad, it's not as though you've gone off the rails completely so try not to worry.

I know what you mean about people looking at you differently, I get that too but hey go, we're all on here for the same reason so let the others think what they want, we'll show em!

Hope you get a good rest :) xx

Thanks guys. Woke up with a rotten headache and feel quite queasy. Not had a problem staying with the packs though. Your support means so much! I'm not happy fat (but used to it) and I freak out completely when I get attention when I'm thin! No pleasing some people :). How're you all today? Ill check out your diaries now.. Thanks for being there, I nearly did a downward spiral without you.

Yum, hot cafe latte shake then off to work. X

I hope your work goes better tonight Angel :)
I think the attention that you attract when thin is something that we all need to think about.
It is very odd... and no one reacts the way you think they are going to !!
What is it that freaks you out about it Angel ?
:)

I look at it that I'm getting attention for the right reasons when I'm slimmer - I know I felt more confident in myself as I liked the way I looked and I suppose I gave other people permission to like me too. (even if friends and family had always done so and unconditionally!!) Bit of self affirmation can't hurt Angel - I know it sounds a bit hippy, and I don't mean necessarily look in a mirror, telling yourself how wonderful you are every day - I just do so when I have bought something I think looks good :) bit of a boost. Aaaaaand when someone compliments you on your weightloss - SMILE! and say thank you!
lecture over! XXXXX

Awe thanks ladies, lectures always welcome. When i got to 13st in 2010 I had a few occasions where some chaps started taking liberties with things they said and acted and it flashed me back to the only time I was ever 'a similar weight, bit less maybe' when I was 18 at college when something very unpleasant happened. It just freaked me out and I literally started stuffing my face until I felt 'safe' again. Some friends were also a bit put out that they didnt get all the attention when we were out. I didn't notice I was getting any really I was just confident and chatty but they were a bit off about it.

I realise what the trigger was, it's because I was feeling happy in myself and let my guard down so I'm prepared this time if it happens again. I also got comments from men at work when I got to 13 st I was approached for promotion and got it over some others. First time in 20 years I've heard the 'she only got it because...' It really felt like people stopped taking me seriously which is ridiculous. I had to start being a real hard cow and not putting up with the rubbish chucked at me. Ah well, learnt from it and this time ill just keep going and end up their bosses boss Then we'll see what they do!

Diva, I still have to work on accepting compliments because I never see them as sincere. Mega low self esteem! Where's that mirror :) Hope you're both having a great day. Porridge then bed for me. I completely forgot to have anything since 5pm. X

ok. totally understand freaked-out-ness. :-I
you're doing this for you, so when you are happy with you, that is all that matters. (then others that mean something to you can continue their love, and those that don't can go take a jump)
big hug X

Its much easier to believe the bad stuff others say about us, if we have low self esteem. And we cant quite believe it if someone does say something nice about how you look.
I can totally understand why you would be freaked out by praising attention... but you are older and wiser now, and would treat any such situation so differently now.
YOU deserve to have positive attention.
Those that think you only got promoted because of XY or Z really have not alot else to worry about, and are only happy when they see others unhappy
:)

You are quite right Marge. The ney Sayers got their commupence. It's only because I'm 15 years younger and fabulously gorgeous and talented that I get on and they don't. :)

im hanging out for 3pm to see how you're doing Marge! You go girl!

So, today I'm past the sleep day fog and I'm quite raring to go. My broken right arm is doing my head in though. Roll on 6 weeks! Oh crikey, is there any limit on black coffee, it turns out I've drunk the ENTIRE pot while catching up on here. Oh well, housework will be done in a jiffy, ill be like a whirling dervish. :woohoo:

Oh I nearly forgot. Le5ley had another fabulous idea of keeping a calender and ticking off each day 100% towards goal. I'm def doing her scrapbook idea so fist page is going to be a calender and pound chart until goal. Onwards and downwards everyone!

Coping techniques and goals picked up from the threads:
This forum is the biggest help!
lavish attention on hands and nails to occupy quiet times
start a new book
magazine subscription for first stone lost, make a list of treats to aim for.
Bracelet charm added for each new stone bracket reached
scrapbook of goals and gorgeous clothes and holidays and inspiration
calender to colour in each 100% day or one with the pounds to go until goal
Have a slightly small outfit to measure progress
Favourite outfit to aim for. (Mine is a 1950s style dress which fits at 14st)
goal date such as wedding or holiday or ccelebration
take measurements and check them monthly for a boost
organise wardrobe with only what fits, move small stuff elsewhere then it's a treat when something fits and makes it back into the wardrobe.
Organise jewellery and accessories, make more use of them.
Start knitting to occupy idle hands.
Bubble bath, v good to help avoid evening temptations
exante water flavouring frozen into lolleys
keep a small book of compliments received , fun times and nice experiences

will add to list when I come across any. Good luck all!

Last edited:
They are all fab coping techniques angel :)

Well when I said I didn't exercise I think I was fibbing. Just scrubbed the kitchen floor and I'm more shattered and 'glowing' than when I cycle for an hour. I had to stop half way through because I got so dizzy my ears started ringing. I've had at least 3 litres of water today si it's not that. The bathrooms can wait until tomorrow methinks. Hope everyone's had a good day.

Omg Angel! Take it easy!

I looked at my bathroom which really does need cleaned, thought nah that looks like too much hard work and closed the door lol terrible!!!

Hehe, morning Ali, yes that's exactly the ploy I used after the kitchen. I've lost another 1.5 so in 19s3 now. Yippee. Hot strawberry and coffee for breaky then on with the house before work tomorrow. Have a great day.

Morning Angel, you r doing fab hun.Good luck ;-)

Thanks Harry you too. This last 3 lbs to the next bracket is being stubborn! You're in the same position it looks like? Ill race ya.... :)

Phew, kitchen floor done yesterday, now I've gutted the downstairs loo, kitchen surfaces, cupboards and soaked and scrubbed the cast iron hob. I'm dripping. Spring clear out is in full swing. Now for a coffee and a well earned rest. OH home this aft. I get lots done when he isn't underfoot. Although doing all this one handed (broken arm) is proving a challenge. Feeling proud of myself.

Ooo for those with an iPad, my friends just put me onto a game called the room. I'm not a gaming person but its addictive. £1.49 and a great distraction.

Back