Electric Lilac's diary part 2 (life after TFR)

ElectricLilac

Like a Renegade Master
So, time i started a maintenance diary in ernest me thinks.....

I finished TFR three weeks ago now and apart from the obvious re discovery of food and how amazing it is I have discovered a couple of other more surprising things (well to me anyway)

1) food takes up so much of your life, shopping for it, cooking it, eating it, reading about new healthy ways of cooking it eating it and shopping for it. My goodness i had forgotten how much time it takes up.

2) pleasantly so far my weight goes up and down now when i expect it will. If i have over indulged obviously it goes up a little when i have been better behaved it goes down. I know this sounds a bit mad but i was so worried that it would move arbitrarily or indeed keeping going up and up no matter what i did, i know when and why it moves in one way or another so that is a huge relief to me.

Right so anyway, Christmas parties, leaving parties and crazy busy work hours over for a while, time for me to knuckle down and get into the swing of my new healthier lifestyle get this last 11lbs off and finish the couch to 5k challenge, speaking of couch to 5k i'm off for a run.....ha ha ( the me 6 months ago wouldn't recognise me in any of what i have just said, love it, it all still constantly amazes me !!) xx

Welcome to maintenance, well done on your losses, amazing!

Everyone here is brilliant so u will get all the support u need and kicks up the bottom when needed :) x x

Ah you sound real chilled about everything. That's a great attitude as you are expecting ups and downs along the way. Just keep an eye on portion sizes and you will manage well enough.
Good luck hon!

you girls are such an inspiration to me thank you....

Breakfast = blueberries and no fat yogurt. Pint of water.
Lunch = Marks and Sparks Harissa Chicken fibre boost salad Bar (yum yum yum). Bottle of coke zero.
Dinner (in the pub, naughty) = Pea and Mint soup no bread, warm goats cheese salad and 3 vodka and slim line tonics
Snacks= pint of water during the run, pint after the run, pint before bed.

Exercise = Run 1 week 7 of the c25K , 25mins continuous.

Pub quiz = 37 out of 46 questions right (5th place, rubbish!!!)

Had a lovely day today, more christmas gifts bought (my mum is a lucky girl, i kind of hope she doesn't like it so i can have it lol), new phone ordered, running done and indeed enjoyed, pub quiz played although not won, size 10 jumper tried on and fitted, whole day spent with my OH lovely jubbly has been too long since we have had a whole day together, happy days indeed.

Just to remind me how far i have come, here are the pictures from the last 6 months, i'm not good at the posing bit lol but anyway....

Last edited:
Flippin eck! Wow u look amazing x x

likewise Lisa likewise, just had a look at your christmas party pictures last year and this. Blimey you are a gorgeous creature !!

What a transformation, well done :) and welcome to maintainence!

I too have done C25K, moved onto bridge to 10k then ran a half marathon! This running lark really is addictive isnt it! I just can't imagine my life without running now! What week are you on?

Look forward to having you around this place :)x

What a transformation, well done :) and welcome to maintainence!

I too have done C25K, moved onto bridge to 10k then ran a half marathon! This running lark really is addictive isnt it! I just can't imagine my life without running now! What week are you on?

Look forward to having you around this place :)x

I love it, which is ridicularse to me still lol. While i have always enjoyed exercise, I used to hate running even at school it was my least favorite sport now i look forward to it, who would have guessed ?? I have to say at the moment when i say "running" its more jogging lol but I'll get there. I'm on week 7 at the moment run 2 tomorrow. Its your fault actually, well you, Denise and Deezer you lot inspired me to give it a go, i am very grateful x

I think everyone is very nervous about eating after TFR, not quite believing that we can eat real food and not gain weight!!

Good to have you around & look forward to getting to know you better. :) xx

Breakfast = blueberries and no fat yogurt. Pint of water.
Lunch = Salad Leaves, olives, red onion, cherry tomatoes and feta cheese with balsamic vinegar.Bottle coke Zero.
Dinner= Small rump steak (all fat trimmed off), Spring greens, mushrooms, onion, 2x new potatoes. Skinny Cow caramel stick "iced Desert". Pint of water.
Snacks = Cherry tomatoes, 2 small chocolate coins (naughty i know). Small bottle of water mid morning, another in the afternoon and a Pint of water before bed time.

Christmas presents wrapped (my favorite part of christmas) although flat now covered in silver glitter, butternut squash and chilli soup made for tomorrows lunch, paint, rollers and brushes bought for finishing the decorating i started in back in June Lol, another nice day today, chilled out and lovely. Now just enough time for a round or two of just dance 3 before bed.

running/jogging, jogging/running the same thing, its still running :) we're all runngers, joggers belong in the 80's! (as a runner on twitter told me!LOL)

menu looks great today chick :) x

Oh now you and me are gonna fall out before we've even made friends if you're gonna be so energetic!!!! :giggle: HaHa - good for you girl ... I'm a lazy so and so ;)

Love the sound of your lunch btw - except for the olives ;) x

Oh now you and me are gonna fall out before we've even made friends if you're gonna be so energetic!!!! :giggle: HaHa - good for you girl ... I'm a lazy so and so ;)

Love the sound of your lunch btw - except for the olives ;) x

Don't get me wrong Jan... I spent the morning watching trash t.v in my jim jams i am on my holibobs after all !

As for the menu i'm just trying to make good choices and see how it goes weight wise not calorie counting at the moment re-reading Patrick Holford's GL diet books, and the harcombe diet books and we will see how it goes. If the scales start moving up i will re- asses. Do you all count something (calories, GI etc) ??

Right now I'm not in a good place re counting anything!! But normally I actually try not to count anything because I find that I will 'top up' my intake to the magic number - whether it's calories, points or whatever - whether I need/want them or not.
I prefer to either do something like 2 meal replacements and a low carb meal or high protein or whatever :) xx

You seem to be doing really well with lots of good food choices and exercise as well. I love Patrick Holford as well but I don't count GL points. I just stick with the principles of GL and keep a very close eye on portion sizes. It's worked well enough for me todate. When I have a gain it's just because I take my foot off the brake on my gob!!!

When I have a gain it's just because I take my foot off the brake on my gob!!!

Lol

Jan do you mean you do one/ two meal replacements always or just when the scales start going in the wrong direction ???

Breakfast = a poached egg and a small tin mackerel in spicy tomato sauce. Pint of water
Lunch = Homemade roasted butternut squash and chilli soup. Yum yum even if i say so myself.
Dinner = Chicken and wholemeal pasta in tomato and olive sauce. Yup more olives i blooming love olives !! Pint of water
Snacks = small amount of blueberries and a tiny bit of yogurt. a packet of pomme bear crisps and 2 coke zeros.

Exercise = Week 7 Run 2 of c25k. 25 mins of continuous running. Which was hard for some reason today, maybe coz it was very rainy and cold.

I have also today realised again how much i hate doing the washing up TFR was brilliant for not having to do much washing up...I miss that lol.

Less productive day today not much to report ! Although tomorrow is going to be a goodie, going on a road trip to meet the wonderful Deezer and get me a new tattoo to celebrate the weight loss and to act as a reminder to not get fat again, very excited indeed whoo hoo!!!

Sounds like a good plan :)

I meant if I have some unwanted weight to shift... which feels like it's been all the time for months actually!! Lol! x

Back