• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Electrolyte imbalance

:eek:

Hi Chaps,

I seem to have developed an electrolyte imbalance!! I haven't been to the GP about it but having been suffering leg cramps for about a week now I spent a bit of time on Google last night and I am sure that is what it is. One of the ways it can develop is by dieting and ingesting lots of water.

I don't know if any of you noticed on the 'Constipation thread' I mentioned that whenever I take Dulcolax I get cramps - that fits too; the body being 'purged' :eek: of essential minerals, usually magnesium.

I know that LL is a balanced diet but apparently drinking a lot of water is an issue in terms of this 'purging' :eek: too and I drink gallons of the stuff. Rapid weight loss is also a symptom (remember I lost 10lbs last week eventhogh I am in week 10?).

I am really worried. I don't want to stop my LL yet and want to carry on at least until the weigh in on Monday when I will hopefully have lost that last 4 lbs.

I don't want to go the the GP - he will get cross and be completly unsympathetic and tell me to start earing normally again.

I am in a dilemma.

I am hoping someone else has been through this and has a suggestion for me. Today I plan to cut back on my water (still within the 4ltrs but no more) and hope for the best.

Only problem, I used Dulcolax last night (3 day blockage :eek:) and I am worried about what will happen when that 'kicks in'.

What an utter nuicance.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Hi

I too have started with lower leg cramps, luckily just in the morning in bed at the moment, scared it could happen when I go swimming. I too wondered if it was electro- thingy abobs after reading a thread on Cd forum about cramps due to high water intake. Sorry I cant remember the thread but pretty sure it had cramp in it somewhere so you could do a search as some people had some good suggestions that helped them through it. If I can remember it talks about ingesting a little salt, and tonic water was mentioned along with quinnine supplements. Hope you find it and its of some help. Could a visit to the local pharmacist help perhaps , Im sure he would be able to deal with an electrolyte imbalance without coming all over stern. I actaully had to eat a boile egg last nigh on orders of the dentist becuase she has recently put an amalgam filing in that causing a terrible metalic taste in my mouth all the time and it gets rid of it apparently(didnt for me) and I had a little salt on it , this morning I didnt have cramp as bad so there may be something in it, worth a try.
Good luck I'm sure its not serious enough to stop you reaching your goal you are so close, so hope you get it sorted out.

Hi I'm on week 8 of LL and have had cramps in my lower legs when I told my counselor she said to add a little salt to the soups it seems much better now also now and again I have marigold i have 2 one is the normal one quite salty and the low salt one, it seems to help me you could try it it may help

Juliakno

Taking it Day by Day
I also have suffered from cramps in my lower legs, especially at nighttime, which was quite annoying. didn't have a clue what it was and didn't investigate it any further. i didn't have them recently and, after reading the posts here, can only put this down to drinking some mariegold once or twice a day over the last few weeks. It's worth giving it a try and see whether your symptoms improve

girlygirl

Silver Member
Yeah - might be a very good idea to get some sodium/potassium down ya.

Cherry Plum

One day at a time
I have continually suffered with this problem, right from the word go.
I have been in so much pain, it usually happens when I stretch in bed in the morning.
Now I curl my toes up while stretching & that stops it.
I do drink the boullion as well.

fatpossum

Silver Member
Hi Chaps,

Been feeling better since yesterday - I've been having some salt with the soup and even with my muffin (needs must!).

Where can I find Mariegold? I went to Boots and Holland and Barrett and neither had heard of it?! I even went through the Bach remedies and nothing there. I don't know where else to look - enlightenment will be gratefully received.

I think I'll be staying away from the Ducolax from now on too - I'm sure that's what brings on my cramps with a vengence! No doubt my resolve with disolve after the next '5-day-blockage' and certainly before the next weigh in when I am going to be keen not to be carrying excess kilos :eek: (it's an 'orrible thought isn't it!?).

Thanks for the sympathy and support.

Tesco sell it its with the gravy/stock cubes or its in free from section its in a tub like gravy granules look for (marigold Swiss vegetable bouillon powder instant stock or delicious hot drink) on the packaging hope this is some help glad your feeling better

Hi Chaps,
.....Where can I find Mariegold? I went to Boots and Holland and Barrett and neither had heard of it?! I even went through the Bach remedies and nothing there. I don't know where else to look - enlightenment will be gratefully received....
I was surprised H & B said they hadn't heard of it because I bought mine (organic version) from them yesterday. I have looked at their website just now and it does not exist there....? Strange!

You can find Marigold at larger Tesco supermarkets.

I also found it at Goodness Direct online, they have the powder in three sizes 150g, 500g and...1kg tub! :eek:

Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon Powder 150g
Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon Powder 500g
Marigold Swiss Vegetable Bouillon Powder 1kg