Elkays resurrected food diary

:giggle: - I love playing supervisor to DIY jobs around the house!

Loving the idea of the all you can eat buffet! Good luck with making "the right choices" - You have it in your mind now plus you will want to lose this week, so I'm sure you will do it!

Is it a nice place? Where abouts is it? Are the prices at a competitable rate? Yep, dead nosey me! We were thinking of going to the One And Two Halves for Boxing Day dinner this year, the one just over the road from Mac D's? But due to the shananigans of "the family" - that went out the window, but they are doing cheap enough meal deals there this year for christmas.

Have a great week. And lets hope we both post our letters :D xxx

Hi Nik - supervising is a very important job you know;). I'll let you know what this place we are going to is like - I've never been before, it's between Dudley and Wolverhampton. Hope Will Power joins me for lunch:D

I've never been to the One & Two Halves but I know a few people who have - never heard any bad comments. The meal prices over Christmas are getting better as more pubs are doing Christmas food - they used to ramp the prices up over Xmas time but I noticed the other day a pub was advertising 4 course Xmas day lunch for £35 - when they first started doing Xmas lunches it was £60 - it was a novelty then I suppose.

Will definiely be posting my letter tomorrow otherwise I will be paying £60 and I am definitely not doing that!

Have a lovely Sunday Nik.

Lesley
x

Sunday 24th October

Breakfast

2 boiled eggs
4 oatcakes

Lunch
Indian/chinese eat as much as you like buffet
Tried to stick to low GL foods -
No rice, no noodles, no naan bread no meat in batter

Had a bit of:

chickpea curry, mushroom and veg balti, 2 onion bhajees, 2 pieces of pakora

Didn't exactly succeed in sticking to my plan, but could have been alot worse, so.....plan starts again tomorrow! ;)

Monday 25th October

Breakfast
Porridge
Sk milk

Lunch
Homemade BTS soup
Salad, grapes, slice ham, Babybel light
Small dash of sweet chilli sauce

Snack
Natural bar (can't remember name but contained dates, nuts, berries)

Dinner
So full from above snack could only eat 2 oatcakes & Babybel light

Last edited:
Tuesday 26th October

Breakfast
Porridge
Sk milk

Snack
Egg custard :eek:

Lunch
Prawns
Salad
Packet crisps:eek:

Really don't know what has got into me today but crisps and egg custard do not form part of the GL plan!

Dinner
Chicken
Green beans, cabbage, carrots, cauli
Gravy

Last edited:
Afternoon Lesley

hope its a good one hun xx

Hi Kals, hope you are OK and are having a good week. I am having a horrible day - I am wracked with guilt over my egg custard and crisps and I think I can feel the extra lbs already. I think I could do with that kick you promised ;).

Lesley
x

Wednesday 27th October

Breakfast
Porridge
Sk milk

Snack
2 ryvitas
cheese triangle

Lunch
Salad
Ham
Babybel light

Snack
Apple

Dinner
Bacon & mushroom omelete

Last edited:
Hmm, egg custard!! Now that is one of my favourite things ever!!

Hope you're having a lovely Wednesday L. xxx

Me too Nik, though I always wish they could be bought without the pastry as it gives me heartburn!

Lesley
x

Thursday 28th October

Breakfast
Porridge
Sk milk

Snack
Apple

Lunch
Lentil & mushroom burger
Salad

Snack
2 oatcakes
Babybel light
Dinner
Chicken
brocolli
cauli
carrots
peas
gravy

Friday 29th October

WI - STS - happy with no gain as I have deviated from low GL plan this week. Back on track for coming week, meals, snacks planned and fingers crossed for a loss next week.

Breakfast
Porridge
Sk milk

Lunch
2 oatcakes
2 boiled eggs

Snack
4 walnuts
Dinner will be
Pastryless quiche, salad

Last edited:
One swift Kick heading in your direction Lesley :D
hope you've got it out of the system and that you have a great weekend hun

One swift Kick heading in your direction Lesley :D
hope you've got it out of the system and that you have a great weekend hun

Ouch - that was one hell of a kick Kals - thanks, just what I needed :ashamed0005:. Am definitely back on track and aiming for a loss this week ;).

Have a great weekend too, if you're working, hope it goes quick!

Lesley
x

:vibes: and loads of these too :vibes:

Good job on STS, I thought you would lose this week in all honesty, but it's so much better than a gain. Good luck with the coming week. Have a lovely weekend L. xxx

Ah thanks Nik. Not too bothered about the STS - that's life (for me :D), another week another WI and I'm ever the optimist!

Have a lovely weekend.

Lesley
x

Saturday 30 October

Breakfast
Porridge
Sk milk

Lunch
2 oatcakes
Peanut butter

Dinner
Homemade beef burger (no bun)
Salad

Elkay said:
Ouch - that was one hell of a kick Kals - thanks, just what I needed :ashamed0005:. Am definitely back on track and aiming for a loss this week ;).

Have a great weekend too, if you're working, hope it goes quick!

Lesley
x

Oops Sorry Lesley
I got a bit carried away with the old left foot haha!!!
I deffo recommend Red, it's a brilliant film then I think any film with Morgan Freeman in is bound to be good :D

Sunday 31st October

Breakfast
Porridge
Sk milk

Lunch/dinner
Veg curry
1 samosa

Oops Sorry Lesley
I got a bit carried away with the old left foot haha!!!
I deffo recommend Red, it's a brilliant film then I think any film with Morgan Freeman in is bound to be good :D

With a kick like that you'll be scouted by the Villa - after todays rubbish performance they need somebody with a good left kick :D.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the film now - I love the cinema but I have been known to doze off on more than one ocassion! I agree re Morgan Freeman too.

Hope you have a good week.

Lesley
x

Ok, tomorrow... tomorrow I will post it, I swear... Tuesday at the latest :p

Have a great start to the week L. xxx

Nik, please don't worry, post it whenever you think about it, don't go out of your way. (I did finally post my letter to the tax office :p).

Hope you're feeling better and have a great week.

Lesley
x

Back