ProPoints Ellen's diary on her way to SIZE 10!!!

ellenwillbeskinny

I need chocolate now!!!
Hello everyone, so I am finally starting my food diary/blog as I begin the journey to goal!
I am on 29 pro points per day and am trying not to eat all my weeklies and I don't eat my activity points - don't know if this is a good idea or not. My weigh in day is Thursday (today) so I hope I will be updating my statistics to say I have lost at least a couple of pounds! My target weight is 9st so I have a total of 51lbs to loose........daunting.....

Yesterdays food diary was:

Breakfast
Strawberries 0pps
3 grilled bacon 3
1 dry fried egg 2
1 toast 2
spread 1

Snack
Small strawberry tartlet with cream 10 (guess as I was at a cafe)

Pub
2 glasses Heineken 6

Dinner
40g Cheerios 4
Skim milk 1
Banana 0
2 squares Dairy Milk 2

31 pps so I used two of my weeklies. Not bad as that only makes a total of 5 weeklies used this week and I weigh in today.

I was out shopping yesterday and even though I had a good breakfast before I went I still succumbed to the sugar monster at the cafe - and I wasn't even hungry at the cafe! As for the pub :wave_cry: I usually drink diet coke in the pub so I fell off the wagon there as well. For some reason I never got hungry for dinner in the evening so I just ate some cereal to prevent my stomach rumbling when I was in bed later on. I am try to re educate myself only to eat when I feel hungry.

That is it for now, I will post the results of my weigh in later on! Bye!

Update

Just back from my WW meeting and I lost 2.5lbs this week so that is my first silver 7 gained! It took me three weeks to loose half a stone, if I could loose half a stone EVERY three weeks then that would be fantastic. Will post my food diary for today later.

well done Ellen thats excellent ....look forward to reading more .... good luck , keep us posted x

Been feeling down in the dumps the last couple of days so didn't post my food diary. I've been keeping to my points quota though. I suffer from depression and do worry that I will throw in the towel with my weight battle but so far I am staying on track.
So yesterday's food diary was:

30g porridge 3
skim milk 1

Panda licorice bar 2

2 boiled eggs 4
1 toast (no spread) 2

Brown rice 6
150g chicken breast 6
1/3 jar tikka sauce 3

2 squares Dairy Milk 2
2 Jaffa Cakes 2

31 pps so that is my 29 daily pps plus 2 weekly pps used.

I went to a cafe with a friend and there was a huge array of muffins on display! My friend had a rhubarb and custard muffin and kept urging me to eat some of it but I resisted (though I REALLY wanted to) so I was pleased with my resolve!
I find it easy to keep to my pp allowance at home but when I am faced with cafes and restaurants I panic!

Porridge is my new best friend, it keeps me feeling full for much longer than the processed breakfast cereals, though I can't resist Cheerios or Special K. I made homemade oven chips today and they were delicious, much better than the greasy chips from the takeaway. I haven't had a takeaway now in over a month and to my surprise I don't miss them one bit.
I wasn't at any cafes/restaurants today so it was easier to keep to my points:

30g porridge 3
skim milk 1
banana 0

300g homemade oven chips 6
Frylight 1
Small can WW beans 4

Pitta bread 4
Small can tuna 2
extra light mayo I tbsp 1
diced onion 0

Bag Maltesers 5
Panda licorice bar 2

Total 29 propoints

Mmmm.....looking at the last few days menus I notice that my consumption of fresh fruit and veg is very low so I will have to try and improve that.

your doing well Ellen,I must say I am the opposite with porridge I find it doesn't fill me at all ....... eggs fill me more ,keep up the good work ....were abouts in Ireland are you from?

Hi Jem, I'm from Limerick in the ROI - which county is Ballyclare in? Funny the way people differ about foods, I do feel porridge is filling but everyone differs. I was just at Tesco and bought a bag of fun size Maltesers lol I just couldn't resist them and I find the funsize bag at 3pps satisfies my Maltesers craving as well as the standard size bag at 5pps. That said I will probably dive into the rest of the bag before the night is out.
I ate at a Sicilian restaurant today so my points are all over the place! I had a delicious pasta dish and a glass of red wine, yummy. Haven't a clue how many pps in the pasta dish, I am making a guess of 25. I did resist the tiramisu though lol

Today's food diary so far:

30g Cheerios 3pps
1/4 pint skim milk 1
banana 0

Pasta in a bacon and mushroom and olive oil and tomato sauce at restaurant 25 (guess)
Glass red wine 4

Funsize Maltesers 3

That is 36 pps so far and it is only 9.15pm, I am a night owl and a night eater so I hope the hunger pangs don't strike before I go to bed! No doubt there will be more tea and choccie though.

1.20am and just going off to bed. Had half a tin of fruit salad and a sliced banana with 2 tbsps nonfat natural yogurt = 2pps
Surprisingly I didn't succumb to my usual fix of tea and chocolate!
That is 38pps today so I used 9 of my weeklies. 11 weeklies used in total and weigh in is Thursday, must try and just use my dailies for the rest of the week.
Oh, I measured my waist a couple of days ago and was horrified to find it was 41 inches! Ouch! Why couldn't I have been born an hourglass shape and not a bloomin' apple - I look like Humpty Dumpty, slim arms and legs and all big and round around the middle! I'll be taking my waist measurement every Thursday after WI and I hope to see the inches going down.

Hi Ellen

How you doing....I was reading through your food diary and looks like we have a lot of food in common that we like lol

I love porridge but tend to stray away from it at the moment.

Well done for not eating that piece of muffin that your friend was trying to get you to have... sometimes it is hard enough without your friends trying to sabotage your really hard plans.!!

I see you weigh in on a Thursday... why don't you come and join us at the Monthly Weigh In Team... click on the glittery pink writing at the end of my post. We weigh weekly but set ourselves a goal each month.. it is chilled and relaxed but we support each other and I am now doing a little gift at the end of each month! We are starting a new month too... so come along and take a look.

Will be lovely to see you .... keep at it and you will get there x

Oh and I love jaffa cakes but sadly 49 cakes done result in 49 points ... like bread if it is 2 pp then you have 2 pieces it is 5 pp so watch out for that!! Catches you every time!! :eek: x

hi Ellen Ballyclare is in co.Antrim quite a bit away from you unfortunatley .... good luck for wi on Thursday x

Hi Yes, thanks for the comments and the invite to the thread. As I said on the thread I will wait until July to start. I am hoping for a 2lb loss this week to get me down to 12stone exactly and my 5% goal, I can't wait to get into the eleven stone something range!

Yayyy well I will keep my fingers crossed... July is only till Saturday isn't it... so we know you will do it... look forward to seeing you xx

No cafes or restaurants to contend with today so I stayed on track. I made good old spag bol for dinner and won't be making it again. I weighed out 60g of spaghetti and it was such a tiny amount, hardly worth cooking. I will be staying clear of pasta for a while and rice too for that matter, they are such bad value for points. I wonder if I should switch to the Atkins diet :wave_cry:?
I was reading about resistant starch recently and it claims foods with resistant starch keep you feeling full for longer. Porridge and bananas have a lot of this starch so I have eaten them for breakfast a couple of mornings and have to say that I didn't feel hungry for a long time afterwards.
Anyway my menu for today was:

30g porridge 3
skim milk 1
banana 0

Mini babybel 2 (guess)

60g spaghetti 6
125g mince 7
1/4 jar pasta sauce 3
Garlic, onion, mushrooms 0

Small dairy milk bar 3
Funsize Maltesers 3

Total 28pps :p

As an aside, does anyone know how many pps in a mini babybel?
Also, this is a dumb question :confused:, I bought a fresh mango today. I've never eaten fresh mango before so.......how exactly do you eat it????

Mmmm well I normally have baby bell as I used to do SW but I don't have the nutrients with me ... so if you have them let me know and I will give you the points for them... The WW book for points is very vague isn't it!!

Mango... well what I do is I get a sharp knife and I go round the middle as you will hit the nut/pip what ever peeps what to call it... then I follow the with the knife around the pip (be careful) and take one side off at a time... when one side is off I do the same to the other... it is like filleting a fish. Then do criss cross on it and then push it from skin side up... this for makes it easier for me to then slice off the squares.

Messy job but lovely in a fresh fruit salad!! YUM!! x

I found the online calculator Yes and the babybel's are 2 points each - I will have to change to the light ones. The mango was nice but not worth the mess of preparing it so I don't think I will bother with it again. Thanks for the info though Yes.

Today's diary is as follows:

2 boiled eggs 4
I toast (no spread) 2

Boots Shapers Crispy Bacon fries 3 (Yummy)
1 Babybel 2
Tesco Light Choices Chicken Salad Sandwich 7
1 jaffa cake 1

1 fresh mango 0
I banana 0

2 Babybel 4
1 cracker 1
Funsize Maltesers 3

Total 27

I'm not going to eat the remaining 2 points as I am trying to only eat when I am genuinely hunger. Those little babybels are addictive though, I could nibble them all day lol
I was in a real 'snacking' mood all day, didn't feel like proper meals at all and was too lazy to cook anyway. I was at the shopping centre for two hours and resisted all the cafes and restaurants, even the smell of fried chicken as I walked past KFC didn't tempt me in so I am pleased with myself for that. Eating before you go out makes all the difference. I treated myself to a new face cleanser and moisturiser so I didn't feel deprived for not being able to eat at the shopping centre. Two days to weigh in! It comes around so quickly. I am hoping for a minimum 2lb lost to bring me down to 12stone exactly and I can't wait to be 11st something! 12stone will bring me to my 5% loss.

ellenwillbeskinny said:
I found the online calculator Yes and the babybel's are 2 points each - I will have to change to the light ones. The mango was nice but not worth the mess of preparing it so I don't think I will bother with it again. Thanks for the info though Yes.

Today's diary is as follows:

2 boiled eggs 4
I toast (no spread) 2

Boots Shapers Crispy Bacon fries 3 (Yummy)
1 Babybel 2
Tesco Light Choices Chicken Salad Sandwich 7
1 jaffa cake 1

1 fresh mango 0
I banana 0

2 Babybel 4
1 cracker 1
Funsize Maltesers 3

Total 27

I'm not going to eat the remaining 2 points as I am trying to only eat when I am genuinely hunger. Those little babybels are addictive though, I could nibble them all day lol
I was in a real 'snacking' mood all day, didn't feel like proper meals at all and was too lazy to cook anyway. I was at the shopping centre for two hours and resisted all the cafes and restaurants, even the smell of fried chicken as I walked past KFC didn't tempt me in so I am pleased with myself for that. Eating before you go out makes all the difference. I treated myself to a new face cleanser and moisturiser so I didn't feel deprived for not being able to eat at the shopping centre. Two days to weigh in! It comes around so quickly. I am hoping for a minimum 2lb lost to bring me down to 12stone exactly and I can't wait to be 11st something! 12stone will bring me to my 5% loss.

Well done you for resisting at the shopping centre! Also treating yourself to a cleanser etc than chocolate or sweeties....so double congrats there!

Weigh INS do come round so quickly don't they....everything crossed you get to you 2 lb loss or more x

Sent from iPad

I haven't posted for two days so must give myself a kick in the rear! Yesterday was weigh in day and I was so depressed when I was told I had gained half a pound. I couldn't believe it as I was on track all week and only ate half my weeklies. I went to a Sicilian restaurant with a friend after weigh in and I ate a huge maincourse of pasta and had a glass of red wine. Even though I felt disheartened because of the half pound gain I did manage to resist a starter and dessert.
I can't even bear to think about how I will feel if I don't lose next week either.
Got turkey breast in the fridge for dinner this evening, I don't know how I will cook it yet.

Aww sorry to hear that you gained that naughty half a pound... but it is only .5lb.... and now you have given yourself a kick up the butt... you are more aware.

I think the diary does help don't you think!

Turkey... well I had a chicken breast last night and I put a tiny bit of fry light on it and then sprinkled garlic and garam masala over it, tossed it so it was covered... then popped it on a non stick cooking sheet and popped it in the oven... I had it with some potato wedges........

or you could stir fry it with lots of veg... yum!

Also ... Welcome to the Weigh in Team... glad to have you on board x:D

Back