Total Solution Email from exante re Ketosis and TS with the new water flavourings

That's sad :( i was getting really excited about ordering my next bumper pack but i won't if this is correct. I go to great lengths to avoid carbs in drinks so you certainly don't expect the people who should know better to be providing this kind of thing.

3g of carbs in 250ml?, with no solid guidelines on their site some people could end up adding it to all their drinks (think 3 litres at a minimum which is 36g of carbs). eek. I'm really hoping they made a mistake and meant 0.3g or something!

Hi just read the box and it says for per 5g serving of the peach 3.00 carbs and per 100g of the product 60.09g carbs.
The blackcurrant is even higher per 5g serving 3.03 of carbs. Now I'm either reading this wrong or exante are out of order as i can't find any info on the web site and have been drinking it as if it was free.
Come exante sort yourselves out and explain yourselves a little. Im going to email them to find out more.

For those wishing to avoid citric acid, unfortunately these powders all contain it. Although it's not mentioned specifically on the packaging, it contains additive E331 which is a source.

I know this because my wife is allergic to citric acid and if she has even a small amount, she gets abdominal swelling and stomach pains. She tried some of the peach drink last night and sure enough, she had a reaction. Oh, and she hated the flavour too!

I don't have a problem with it but I am trying to avoid anything which will prevent ketosis even though I don't go into it every day. I think I may have just wasted £10 :mad:

Exante are in my bad books already as they missed a weeks worth of soups in my delivery! Grrrrr....

I still have some Cambridge water flavouring left so I'll use that as well and not get Exante's.

The amount of citric acid if it's E331 is so minimal it won't affect ketosis. The bars actually have citric acid in them but it's not in the same volume as diet coke etc so it's safe to have

That's good to know. Unfortunately my other half seems to react to even the smallest amount.

It's not until you have to cook for someone with a citric acid intolerance you realise how many things have it in. Tomatoes are an obvious one but I didn't know about potatoes, brocolli, onions and sweetcorn never mind all the ready meals, dressings and tinned items.

I don't mind doing all the meals at home, but I have to cook some things separately so I don't contaminate her tea! Thank goodness for dishwashers :D

Starlight said:
Oh arent they helpful. Id like to know how come its got 300 TIMES more carbs than CD

Check the website??? How professional

I know I was annoyed also the email about postage charges they said were correct so if order the water flavourings too for £10 reduced from £15 I have to pay an extra £3ish postage! Bargain! Not!

You only get 100g in the exante pots i have just noticed...Defo sticking with the CD ones i get as they are £7 for 150g ..Dont know how that woks out mathmatically but it seems thst CD ones might be cheaper and have MUCH less carbs in???

Well i ordered the bumper pack & all three flavourings! Now im thinking i wasted my money on the flavourings. Should i not have them? Will it vring out if ketosis if i add it?

Well done carly for getting it straight....Thats an awful lot of carb over the day if there are no guidelines as to what the limits are etc...I took starlights advice many weeks ago and approached a CD seller and she was quite happy to sell me some tubs of water flavourings...They are lovely and 150g pots too ...dont think i will bother with the exante ones..x

i not sure about the whole Ketosis thing...its such a grey area...i think everyone has a different tolerance to the amount of carbs that affect them...Some people dont even go into Ketosis at all...its just science that if you take in less calories than you expend then you will lose weight .

This is an awful mistake Exante. :(
I'll stick with plain mineral water then.
Unfortunately I don't have anyone to buy some CD stuff from. Oh well, I can live without it.

I emailed them to see how much you can drink, here's the reply.....

Hi Clair

There is no limit to the amount of water flavouring you can have but please remember that it does contain a minimal amount of calories and carbohydrates therefore if you are following Total Solution you should be aware that having to many extra carbs may take you out of ketosis (the amount varies from client to client)

Kind Regards,

Minimal carbs???? Lol xx

Miss-G said:
I emailed them to see how much you can drink, here's the reply.....

Hi Clair

There is no limit to the amount of water flavouring you can have but please remember that it does contain a minimal amount of calories and carbohydrates therefore if you are following Total Solution you should be aware that having to many extra carbs may take you out of ketosis (the amount varies from client to client)

Kind Regards,

Minimal carbs???? Lol xx

Helpful!

Back