Total Solution Email from exante re Ketosis and TS with the new water flavourings

Hi Carly,

It isn't possible to compare our products with competitors as there are many differences from the ingredients to the amount of water they are mixed with.

Exante Diet uses Sucralose in all of our products. Sucralose is derived from natural sugars, and as all our products are free from other sweeteners like aspartame, it does lead to a slight increase in carbohydrate content of the products. Exante Diet is proud to say that our labelling is a true reflection of the ingredients contained.

The water flavourings are for customers on all of the Exante Diet programmes, so I think your question may be specific to clients on the Total Solution that wish to stay in ketosis. If you are using water flavourings for your all of daily water intake then you will be consuming additional carbohydrates that may affect ketosis. As the daily carbohydrate allowance for remaining in ketosis varies from person to person we would advise people whose ketosis levels are affected to reduce the amount of water flavourings that they are consuming. You should still remain in a mild state of ketosis if you were to consume all of your fluid intake with the flavourings. Clients who are using the mixes as the occasional change from a normal glass of water will remain in ketosis.

The water flavourings are completely optional, so please do not feel that you need to purchase them while on the Exante Diet.

If I can be of any other assistance, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Shona Pechey

Email from exante re Ketosis and TS with tge new water flavourings

Hi Carly, It isn't possible to compare our products with competitors as there are many differences from the ingredients to the amount of water they are mixed with. Exante Diet uses Sucralose in all of our products. Sucralose is derived from natural sugars, and as all our products are free from other sweeteners like aspartame, it does lead to a slight increase in carbohydrate content of the products. Exante Diet is proud to say that our labelling is a true reflection of the ingredients contained. The water flavourings are for customers on all of the Exante Diet programmes, so I think your question may be specific to clients on the Total Solution that wish to stay in ketosis. If you are using water flavourings for your all of daily water intake then you will be consuming additional carbohydrates that may affect ketosis. As the daily carbohydrate allowance for remaining in ketosis varies from person to person we would advise people whose ketosis levels are affected to reduce the amount of water flavourings that they are consuming. You should still remain in a mild state of ketosis if you were to consume all of your fluid intake with the flavourings. Clients who are using the mixes as the occasional change from a normal glass of water will remain in ketosis. The water flavourings are completely optional, so please do not feel that you need to purchase them while on the Exante Diet. If I can be of any other assistance, please let me know. Kind Regards, Shona Pechey

I don't have access to CD stuff either :(
I did find these flavourings: Cold Drinks | Low Carb Megastore i've bought stuff from this site before and their service was good. They have a number of flavours on there which are zero carbs, and also some with 3g per serving. Plenty of zero carb choices though. Might give them a try as i'm bored of plain water.

Yes it is a bit wrong to assume that the customers are stupid and don't know how to compare on product to another, of course we are all doing the math and calculating up or down based on volume/glass sizes etc. Whichever way you look at it it is higher. After a little bit of hunting around the net i've been able to locate some similar type of flavourings which have zero carbs, so i know it's really possible, and i don't personally mind a little aspartame for the advantage of remaining in ketosis.

Not only is ketosis good for hunger pangs, from what i had read elsewhere and heard on my last diet, it is somewhat essential to stay in it as much as possible on a VLCD to protect your body/muscles and make sure it is mostly fat you are burning.

oh really? I might try that too then ;)

I'm a bit confused by the way they are dealing with this. Although they have now posted the nutritional information for each of the water flavours in the shop, I think they are currently misleading people by not providing more information on their website. Not warning people about the carbohydrate content or giving some kind of indication as to how much should be consumed per day is irresponsible.

Their reply to Carly82 clearly shows their lack of care for the result of people using this product.

They have no carbs, okay. But they have citric acid which can kick you out from Ketosis :(

Yeh i guess this is something to watch. For me, i'm not sensitive to citric acid so far and it hasn't effected keto. in the past, but i know for some people it does the same as carbs.

I looked at my daughters no added sugar robinsons orange squash just now and it had something like 1.6g of carbs per 100ml of concentrate (so around 0.16g carbs made up depending on how strong) which is looking like a better alternative to me, and cheap. It does have citric acid in too though. Wonder if there are any low carb squashes without the citric acid?

I wasn't really bothered about the water flavourings, definitely won't be buying them now. Think i'll just stick to normal water and Dr. Pepper zero!

Back