Embaressing help needed please!

chalack

HI JUST A QUICK QUESTION, IS ANYONE OR HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED PROBLEMS WITH WITH BOWELS/STOMACH ON CD. I DID THE DIET A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO AND FOUND THAT I WAS GETTIN (THIS IS THE EMBARESSING PART) CONSTIPATED BUT MY CC SAID THAT ITS QUITE NORMAL. WELL THIS TIME ITS HAVING THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE AFFECT ON ME, INSTEAD OF BEEN CONSTIPATED THERE VERY VERY VERY VERY LOOSE! (NASTY I KNOW) BUT IM ABIT CONCERNED :eek:. ALSO THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS I HAVE BEEN WAKING UP WITH ABIT OF STOMACH ACHE, NOT PAIN BUT LIKE A DULL ACHE THAT JUST ISNT RIGHT. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS BEFORE. I WAS WONDERING IF IT COULD HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MY GALL BLADDER BEEN REMOVED. THE FIRST TIME I DID THE DIET I HAD A GALL BLADDER, BUT THIS TIME I HAD MY GALL BLADDER REMOVED THE 2ND OF APRIL AND STARTED CD ON THE 25TH JUNE, MAYBE HAS ANYONE HAD THEIR GALL BLADDER REMOVED AND FOUND AND FOUND THEY ARE FEELIN DIFFERENT! :eek:

I have not come across this before associated with Gall Bladder removal. Did you wait until after your post op assessment before resuming CD?

Maybe you needed a little longer to heal?

Other options could be stomach bug or you have developed a lactose intollerance.

Some experience upset stomachs due to the concentration of vitamins, however, this is usually during the first few days and you are past that stage.

Have a word with your CDC re this.

If it continues more than 48 hours please visit your GP.

Hi thanks for your advice im coming up2 the end of my 3rd week and it has been going on for about 2 weeks, i will ave a word with her. i started the diet about 10 weeks after my op. Is it common to develop a lactose intollerance?

Can't help with the lactose intolerance, but thought I'd say - for the first week or two I alternated between (sorry) constipation and it being very loose.

I'm taking fibresure every day now, and I'm neither constipated nor loose - maybe you could try a fibre supplement for a week or so and see if it improves?

The normal time to restart CD is 12 weeks after surgery and at a higher programme than SS.

Maybe you started too soon.

It is not common to develop lactose intollerance however it can happen as the main source of protein the the diet is skimmed milk.

You can try and rule this out by switching to the lactose free range and see what happens.

Don't rule out the possibility of a bug though.

As said before if it continues consult your GP and please keep your CDC advised.

Back