Embarrasing problem!

Kirstyh9672

Hi all, it's day 5 for me on SW and so far it's going well, I am particularly fond of GREEN days, EXCEPT for the fact that ever since my second day I have been experiencing bad constipation and wind! Can I just ask, is it just me or has anyone else experienced the same? My stomach is actually sticking out quite alot today and it feels uncomfortable. I would be far too embarrased to mention it at my next SW meeting son any help would be great! TIA xx :eek:

fantastic - i don't feel so alone now! I think its the green days that do this to me. Maybe drinking mint tea might help...

Hi hun, if I was you I would get a mild laxative, whatever you do don't try to force things i did and ended up in a real bad way!!! I am still not right now! :)

It's really common. Some of us get it on a red day and some of us on green days. It could be that your are eating a lot of free foods that may not normally eat. And all the free foods are usually quite high in fibre. It will settle down, but I agree with the post above, a mild laxitive may help you in the meantime! Also, you could try some charcol biscuits from a health food shop to help with the wind (not sure if they have a syn value though!!)

any particular brand of laxative you could recommend? I have heard some horror stories about some over on the lighter life/cambridge forums!

I had the same thing last week, but it seems to have settled now. I still feel bloated though.

Hi all, went home last night and explained all to my mum who recommended Fybogel and it has sorted me out (no nasty surprises thank goodness). My boyfriend seems to think that eating all these potatoes is not doing me any good, he does not believe me that I can eat as many as I like on a green day!

When I first started on SW, my hubby said to me "I thought you were on a diet" and when I said that I was he said "More like a see food and eat it diet!" I couldn't be bothered to explain it to him, but he soon realised I was indeed on a diet when I lost 2lbs in my first week whilst still eating like a horse!

Just thought I would add that I am too having a problem in the windy region (not literally while typing..that would be gross:sign0137:) I am letting off putrid smelling wind...phewwwwy, at nights my poor hubby daren't move the duvet in case any air escapes.. and if I eat chickpeas...I think definitely grounds for divorce!!

OMG please stay away from the laxatives! I used to take dulcolax and I got really bad cramps from it. I was only taking one a week, sometimes less but the cramps were continuous. I started drinking greentea with mint (The PG one) and I haven't had a problem since. I am regular and the wind isn't so bad. Try to go for the healthier options rather than the pills. Also I swapped my regular amounts of diet coke for flavoured sparkling water which has made a big difference

Hi all, went home last night and explained all to my mum who recommended Fybogel and it has sorted me out (no nasty surprises thank goodness). My boyfriend seems to think that eating all these potatoes is not doing me any good, he does not believe me that I can eat as many as I like on a green day!

I am so pleased that you got yourself sorted, when I mentioned fibre gel a few posts ago, I did actually mean fybogel:eek: lol

Back