Embarrassing question

lucysmommy

Gold Member
Ok since I started this my bowels seem sluggish

Anyone had this before and if so what did you do to help? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If you've dramatically cut down on your food intake then this is common coz theres not as much rubbish to come out lol. just make sure you drink enough water through out the day and include some high fibre foods such as wholemeal bread or pasta or green vegies. Hope this helps x

This has been me too :eek: I've had a terrible couple of days and it affected my WI this morning :( (STS)

I think mine is caused by a lack of fat in my diet and I've noticed that a bit of choccie helps or a meal made with minced beef :confused: Hence the cottage pie yesterday, lol! It didn't work in time for my WI this morning but it has worked now! I've gone from having a tummy like a football to my trousers falling down!

... Might just have to have another WI tomorrow morning! :rolleyes:

Make sure you're drinking enough water & that your doing enough activity... First thing they taught us on our nursing degree lol... If only I listened to it myself!

Ok since I started this my bowels seem sluggish

Anyone had this before and if so what did you do to help? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Lucysmommy,

Prune Juice definately works, best taken with some milk of magnesia, two or three tablespoons and a half pint of juice, will deliver some relief in an hour or two.

If that fails which is unlikely, try Dulcolax Pico Perles, they are magic!

Sal

If I need to get things moving, I find hot water and fresh lemon juice (not too much) really helps. And having some caffeine (I don't drink tea/coffee so it's a diet coke for me!) helps too. Going for a good walk or a run as well.

I love prunes and other dried fruit, so I quite like having stewed apple and prune or dried fig in natural yoghurt.

Also I hear a bit of self-colon massage can help! (That's on tummy, not your own bottom lol!)

Glad things are on the move!

Back