Embarrassing question....

Niennor

Okay, well not that embarrassing as this sort of thing never does embarrass me!

I cant POO!!!

I know i need to go as I have had 3 days of WS and 1 day TS (ate A LOT of grapes yesterday) I have awful wind but no poo!

I used to take dulcolax and got a bit silly taking them too often to 'clear out' however up until now I have been okay with pooing on this diet.

Can anyone help me? I'd rather take something more natural but havent a clue what i am allowed to have! Also I am drinking 3litres of water a day so I know its not dehydration!

HELP!!!!!

:sick0019:

HI
Didn't wanna read and run. I've been taking movicol regularly to avoid this problem, not sure if that'll be any good or not.
I'm sure somone far more knowledgable will be along soon to help you.
Good luck
FB x

Movocol is quite an effective laxative but isn't something you should take daily. Are you taking it currently. I would say try some senna. I'm surprised the grapes haven't worked. Long term laxatives are not a good idea unless you have a medical problem.

Movicol is very effective ;-).... Don't take it more than once a week and only if I feel a blockage coming on ;-)..... Suffered with severe constipation on LL 6 years ago and have no plans to go thru that again x

Have you tried senna in the past. I've read on a couple of threads that phyllisum husk (I think that's how its spelt) can help keep you regular once your bowel has been cleared. Never used it myself though.

I have the psyllium husk powder and have been adding it to my 'normal' diet and i'm going to add a spoonful to my shakes every day too. I got it because on ts nothing was 'moving' and I felt clogged up. Once you get things moving you should maybe get some- the powdered type though rather than the actual husks in lumps so it just.blends into your shakes or soups. Mine was about a tenner online and I read someone else said it should laat at least 3mths

Thanks so much for the advice guys!

I ended up taking some senacot which has henna in etc and can say that luckily this morning I was able to go and am now a while 1lb lighter as a result haha!!

Deffinitely going to get some of the husk things you mentioned to add to my shakes etc as I think that will help me going forward!

ah the joys of total food replacement haha!

;)

I take psyllium husk capsules much nicer than adding it to shakes and they work :)

Had four coffees yesterday an went agin today,

I know to much info but poooo cares
(geddit hahah)

Coffee is now my friend :D

Going to get some of those capsules too!

Muchos thanks guys :)

I knew it would do the trick. It is natures greatest laxative. Good thing it tastes great too. :)

I had no idea coffee had that effect- shame I absolutely HATE the stuff. :(

Oh it really does get your bowels moving. Have you ever heard of an 'enema'? If you haven't quickly look it up, the reason I brought up enemas is because they say the best enema is coffee (yes, putting coffee up, or rather down that end). I will not pretend to know the science behind it, but I can tell you now it works. That is a great shame you hate coffee. Is that all forms of coffee, as in frappuccino, latte, cappuccino?

I've hated coffee all my life - my mother and my daughter drink gallons of the stuff but one sip makes me feel sick.

Hahah, fair enough I do know quite a few people who dislike coffee. I only have two substances that I simply cannot tolerate, even in miniscule amounts, and those are coriander, and marmite. I think I would rather eat soil then either of those foods, ahahaha.

How weird! I've never met anyone who doesn't like corriander! I love the stuff (also love marmite hehe).

How fast does coffee work then? I'm intregued now.. Wondering if I could just have a spoon and if it'd make me poo (and try not to puke haha)

Wow - my jaw did just drop!

I personally do not understand how any human can eat Coriander, it is positively nuclear ahahaaa. Interestingly, my entire family (and there is rather a lot of us) absolutely loath coriander, thank God! If there is even 1/10th of a leaf in my food it overpowers the ENTIRE dish and makes me gag. LOL
I think Marmite being hated is more of a common denominator. I personally believe it tastes like licking a car tire, or eating burnt plastic, even the smell sets me off. :)
Starlight I am soooo incredibly happy to hear there are others who hate coriander, doesn't it taste just like soap? Hahahhaa

In regards to the coffee, I actually am not too sure how much you need to drink of it to get the 'desired effect'. Once, when I was extremely bunged up I downed the equivalent of around 10 espresso's (the strongest form of coffee). Within a matter of minutes I could actually FEEL it working (there were sounds of gurgling happening), and I rushed to the toilet very quickly afterwards. Even I however, did not like drinking that much coffee, and I did so without any sugar, as I do not know if sugar interferes with the laxative effect. Just have a go at making a cup or two (do not dilute it with too much water or milk etc) and down it. Believe me I am having to follow the same technique for the food on Exante as I really REALLY dislike the flavor. :D x

Out of curiosity do you think pro plus would have the same effect?
I used dulcolax way too much when I was on Atkins, nightmare, for one they are unpleasantly effect and it then took me aaaages to get back to a 'natural' rytham!

Back