Emily's Weightloss Journey - 2011 will be my year!

Good luck with weigh in tonight! :)

Good Luck with it Emily

I am having similar types of financial worries at the mo, no money, car needs £400 of repairs plus insurance and MOT by end of the month. I was crying on the phone to my bf about it last night, cos I seem to have a never ending vat of debt...

Anyway, I have found the control that I can have over food to be a bit of a reliever actually. I may not be able to control how much money I have to spend on my damn car, but I can control what I'm eating and hopefully begin losing lbs...

My first weigh in in tonight, so hopefully we will both have something to celebrate by the end of today.

Best Wishes xxx

Thursday 13th Jan

Thought I'd better report back about my weigh in last night.......I lost 1.5lbs! :eek: Very very shocked because I felt awful yesterday and I have a pretty disastrous week, lol. But very pleased, and I think it has helped motivate me a bit more too.

So on with another week. I've had a bit of an odd day today. Was really busy at work so had no time to eat, and then was craving Chinese takeaway tonight because I was feeling tired and lazy. I did manage to find an alternative, but it wasn't really on plan (red day today). Still it was way better calorie-wise than what I would have had had I given into my cravings, so I'm not to worried.

Red day (except dinner)
B - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and strawberries. 1/2 a grapefruit.
L - Ham, with 28g light Philly (2 syns), some cherries.
S - 2 x Alpen light bars (HeB)
D - Salmon with baked beans (7 syns), peas (4 syns) and sweetcorn (3 syns).
Drinks - 3x Tea, 4x water
Exercise - None
Total Syns = 16 syns

Wow, actually I thought it was going to be way more syns than that, actually thats not too bad. Glad I spent the time to work it out because its not as much of a failure as I tought :D

Plan for tomorrow = do some exercise, exercise bike or DVD. Really need to get back into it again, I know I will feel much better in myself when I do.

Maverick - Sorry to hear about your troubles too, it sounds like we are going through exactly the same thing. Our car is going into the garage tomorrow, no idea how much it will cost to fix! Just have to wait and see.

The control thing is a really good way to look at it, I'm going to try and bring myself round to that way of thinking. I think it will really help me. I think I need to learn to channel my emotions into something other than food too, maybe exercise or something to take my mind off things.

How did your first weigh in go yesterday?

Hi Emily,
Well done on the loss! Sorry to hear you're having a rough time, I hope things improve for you soon. I've been feeling pretty rubbish this week too and have had a rough few months. Having control with SW helps me I think. Good luck with your journey :) x

Hi dancingqueen. Thank you so much. All the best to you on your weight loss journey too. :D

well done to the loss and well done for sticking to plan today!

Friday 14th Jan

Red day
L - Chicken soup (7 syns), 3x crackerbread (1/2 HeB) with 28g light Philly (2 syns) and 2 slices ham.
S - Activia yogurt
D - Chicken breast with swede, broccoli, babycorn and green beans.
Exercise - 20 mins exercise DVD
Total Syns = 9 syns

Today has gone well. Been feeling a bit hungry but I think it was boredom hunger. Tried to keep myself busy tidying the house. Did some exercise today, 20 mins isn't a lot but I am so so unfit right now, it was quite a struggle. I realised just how unfit I am and I really really need to do something about it. I hate feeling like this. Re-discovered crackerbread today, with the addition of the yummy flavoured light Philliy and some ham. I've got the garlic and herb one at the moment which is nice, but I'd love to try the Sweet Chilli one (its on my shopping list for next week :) )

All in all a good day today, and 100%! Woohoo!! Managed to fight the cravings for a friday night pizza too. Just need to get my bum in gear and get some studying done now over the weekend.

Last edited:
Maverick - Sorry to hear about your troubles too, it sounds like we are going through exactly the same thing. Our car is going into the garage tomorrow, no idea how much it will cost to fix! Just have to wait and see.

The control thing is a really good way to look at it, I'm going to try and bring myself round to that way of thinking. I think it will really help me. I think I need to learn to channel my emotions into something other than food too, maybe exercise or something to take my mind off things.

How did your first weigh in go yesterday?

Hey, only just got back to your thread - I only lost 1lb on my first weigh in, which I was a bit disappointed with. Last time I did SW, I remember I was still drinking every weekend and eating loads of syns and losing weight fairly quickly. I've been so well behaved this time and to only lose 1lb is rubbish!

However, I am sticking with it, and trying even more this week to succeed. Just off to Asda shortly with a massive list and my meals planned for this week. Hopefully I will have a better result next week!

Got my car fixed, just dreading the bill dropping through my letterbox :( So much other stuff to pay for right now, meant to be moving next month too, so that's always expensive too :( xx

Saturday 15th Jan

Red day
L - Chicken soup (7 syns)
S - Activia yogurt, 2x alepn light bars (HeB)
D - Pork chops with swede, babycorn, cauliflower and broccoli.
Exercise - 1 1/2 hours walk, 20 mins DVD.
Total Syns = 7 syns

Last edited:
Sunday 16th Jan

Green day
B - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA).
L - Sushi (3 syns)
S - McFlurry (16syns)
D - Stir fry veg, with beansprouts, babycorn and noodles.
Exercise - 20mins DVD
Total Syns = 19 syns

I am confessing my syns, hehe. I had a McFlurry from McDonalds! Oopsy. Hubby insisted he was having McD's for lunch and I did my best to resist and bought some Sushi for lunch, but crumbled when I saw the McFlurrys, lol. Oh well. Only 4 syns over for the day and I was under yesterday so hopefully it wont matter too much.

Went and did the weekly food shop today too, £110!!!! Cant believe it came to so much again! This eating lark sure is expensive. Fridge full of fruit and veg again now. I missed having my strawberries with my cereal this morning :(

Also, my whole body is aching sooo much today. I recently bought the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD and it is tough! Its only 20mins but it really works all your muscles. I've only done two days of it but I can barely walk today. Even turning over in bed is an effort, lol. Its obviously doing the trick though as I can REALLY feel it! We shall see what the result is on Wednesday.....

Last edited:
only 4 syns over given you went to McD, well done!

110 quid a week is quite expensive! what have you bought?

Green day
B - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA).
L - Sushi (3 syns)
S - McFlurry (16syns)
D - Stir fry veg, with beansprouts, babycorn and noodles.
Drinks - 2x Tea, 2x water
Exercise -
Total Syns = 19syns

I am confessing my syns, hehe. I had a McFlurry from McDonalds! Oopsy. Hubby insisted he was having McD's for lunch and I did my best to resist and bought some Sushi for lunch, but crumbled when I saw the McFlurrys, lol. Oh well. Only 4 syns over for the day and I was under yesterday so hopefully it wont matter too much.

Went and did the weekly food shop today too, £110!!!! Cant believe it came to so much again! This eating lark sure is expensive. Fridge full of fruit and veg again now. I missed having my strawberries with my cereal this morning :(

Also, my whole body is aching sooo much today. I recently bought the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD and it is tough! Its only 20mins but it really works all your muscles. I've only done two days of it but I can barely walk today. Even turning over in bed is an effort, lol. Its obviously doing the trick though as I can REALLY feel it! We shall see what the result is on Wednesday.....

Fruit prices are going up that’s why I eat what’s on offer, Lidi and Aldi always have fruit on offer so I stick with them. I grow my own Raspberries. Blackcurrants and Strawberry’s but not in the winter lol roll on summer...

Monday 17th Jan

Red day
B - Grapefruit.
L - Carrot and corriander soup (3.5 syns)
S - 2x Alpen light bars (HeB), 3 crackerbread (1/2 HeB) with 28g Philliy (2 syns), 2 slice ham
D - Stir fry veg with beansprouts, babycorn and mushrooms
Drinks - 2x Tea, 2x water
Exercise - None (can barely walk at the moment!)
Total Syns = 5.5 syns

Last edited:
I have no idea how it is quite so much! Not too long ago I was buying pretty much the same sort of stuff, maybe less fruit and veg, and a bill back then would have been about £80 max. Basically, all I bought was fruit, veg, meat (probably quite expensive), yogurts, milk, some philly cheese, soup, some ryvita and crackerbread....umm....cant remember what else, but that was most of it. All the things individually arent too expensive, but it all adds up. I wouldn't say I'm fussy with fruit and veg, but I only really stick to the few I like. Hate tomatoes and courgette and things like that. Plus strawberries are bloomin expensive at this time of year! As you said nottoc, roll on the summer!!

Tuesday 18th Jan

Red day
B - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and strawberries.
L - 2 slices chicken, 2 slices beef, 3x crackerbread (1/2 HeB), 42g Philly (3 syns)
S - 1x alpen light bar (1/2 HeB)
D - Chicken and Orzo soup (6.5 syns). Persimmon.
Drinks - 2x Tea, 3x water
Exercise - 20 mins DVD.
Total Syns = 9.5 syns

I split my one of my HeB's today. You're probably not supposed to but hey, they are both HeB's after all.

Last edited:
Omg, just did day 4 of the 30 day shred DVD and I feel awful. Maybe I shouldn't have had a rest day yesterday! It just felt really really hard and really unenjoyable for some reason :(

Wednesday 19th Jan

Red day
B - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and strawberries.
L - Tuscan chicken and orzo soup (6.5 syns)
S - Sponge pudding (19 syns :eek::sigh:)
D - Lamb chops, beetroot, cauliflower, broccoli and babycorn.
Drinks - 2 x Tea, 3.5 x water
Exercise - 20 mins DVD
Total Syns = 25.5 syns

Last edited:
Dun dun dun....weigh in day today, fingers crossed I've lost a nice amount at class tonight. Would be a lovely reward for a good week. I'm not hurting much at all this morning following the DVD workout last night which I'm quite suprised about. Don't know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing, maybe I didn't work out so hard because I felt to rubbish.

I think my trousers are starting to feel a bit looser though, and I'm getting into the swing of being on plan again. Very motivated to continue and shed those lbs at the moment :)

Back