Emily's Weightloss Journey - 2011 will be my year!

emily87 said:
Dun dun dun....weigh in day today, fingers crossed I've lost a nice amount at class tonight. Would be a lovely reward for a good week. I'm not hurting much at all this morning following the DVD workout last night which I'm quite suprised about. Don't know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing, maybe I didn't work out so hard because I felt to rubbish.

I think my trousers are starting to feel a bit looser though, and I'm getting into the swing of being on plan again. Very motivated to continue and shed those lbs at the moment :)

Glad to hear that you're motivated and your trousers are getting loose! Good luck with WI later today:)

Oh dear, less than 2 hours to go until weigh in and I'm only just eating my lunch. Oops. I didn't mean to leave it so late, but I've just been so busy in work time just flew by. Oh well, just have to see what happens, hopefully it wont affect any loss too much....

Looks like eating lunch late and continuing to drink water did do some damage. Lost 0.5lbs. I am gutted because I was sure it was going to be more and I've been even better this week than I was last week when I lost 1.5lbs. Oh well. Not a lot I can do now, but I'm not going to let it affect me. I'm determined to have a better loss next week! Grrrrrr.

Did just have one of my hubbys sponge pudding though, lol. My treat for the week. And they had to be eaten because they were going to expire today, hehe.

Just calculated my total syns for the week and actually I am under which is good. 91.5 for the week. Will try and be a bit better this week though and only use my syns for nice healthy stuff that will add to/improve my meals/snacks.

Hey Emily!

You seem to be doing really good, well done! I kind of gave up for a while last year, but am now giving it another shot. I think having a new year and new start is quite motivating, although I do seem to be finding it hard to stick within my syns at the minute. Maybe I will improve as time goes on!

Best of luck with this week - keep up the good work!

Em x

Aww, thank you Em. I was a bit gutted the scales didn't show a bigger loss last night, but I'm determined not to let it get to me. Going to try and have an even better week this week and hopefully I will see better results :)

I did exactly the same thing as you last year, in fact for the last 2 years really. Originally start SW in summer 2009 and lasted a few months but stopped going because I really didn't like the class I was going to. Then I rejoined in the summer 2010 and went right the way up to Christmas, but my losses were really slow and I don't think I was really 100% committed to being on plan.

So new year new start and I really really want this to be the year I reach my target. I would love to feel happy about my body in time for the summer so I can buy some nice clothes and not just feel like I have to cover myself up the whole time.

I always find the first couple of weeks quite tough, until you get into a routine. Try and find lots of syn free things that you can munch on to keep you full so that you aren't too tempted by other high synned things. What do you tend to use your syns on?

I think it does take time to get used to SW to be honest, and practice makes perfect. You will soon get into the swing of it I'm sure hun. Just keep persevering! :D

Thurs 20th Jan

Red day
B - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and strawberries.
L - Carrot and corriander soup (3.5 syns)
S - 3x crackerbread (1/2 HeB), 56g philly (4 syns), 3 slices chicken. Activia yogurt.
D - Pork chops, butternut squash, cauliflower, broccoli.
Drinks - 2 x Tea, 4 x Water
Exercise - 20 mins DVD
Total Syns = 7.5 syns

Last edited:
Hi Emily

1/2 pound is great dont be gutted i know its hard but its better then putting on or staying to same.
I have just read your diary and your food info is great i am only doing EE but looking to do somered days your diary is great for the menus:D
Anyway keep going i see our targets are very close although i have a bit more to loose lol

best of luck hun xxx

s4l

Well done for the loss. Its a relatively small loss but it's still a loss. Keep up the good work. Some weeks we lose more some weeks we lose less, but ultimately we will get to goal if we persevere!!

Fri 21st Jan

EE day
B - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and strawberries. 1/2 grapefruit.
S - 1 x alpen light bars (3 syns)
D - Stewed chicken (7 syns), rice with kidney beans, coleslaw.
Drinks - 1 x Tea, 3 x Water
Exercise -
Total Syns = 10 syns

Been a bit of an odd day today. Woke up late and had breakfast at about 11am so then didnt feel hungry at all for lunch. Had an alpen light bar mid afternoon then had dinner early at about 5.30.
I had some caribbean food for dinner. No idea of all the ingredients but it was basically boiled rice with kidney beans and some stewed chicken (all skin/fat removed). So I don't think it can be too bad. Made my own syn free coleslaw too, which was gross but needed some superfree veg in there. Very stuffed now though, so not sure if I will be able to manage the DVD tonight, lol.

Last edited:
slim4life - Thank you hun :) I'm not feeling too bad about my loss now, just looking forward to the week ahead and keeping my fingers crossed for a better loss next week :) I'm glad you have found some ideas from my food diary. I personally love red days and that is all I really do now. I found that my losses weren't so good on EE and I don't get on too well with carbs anyway, so red it perfect. Love having the second HeB too :D

Dream - Thank you :D I know, its all in the right direction right :) Less than a stone to go for you now hun, you are doing soooo well!

Oh oh, just wanted to add that I resisted a chocolate cupcake yesterday! Go me! :D A colleague at work brought them in as a treat and I was like Nooooooooo, lol. And I adore cupcakes, they are one of my weaknesses. But I managed to resist all day and then at the end of the day I took my one and put it in a container and brought it home for my hubby to enjoy :) I felt very proud of myself, hehe. Plus hubby said it wasn't that nice, it was a cheapy on from Aldi or something, so I didn't miss out on much anyway. 240cals though! I took one look and thought no way!!!!

I admire your willpower - I am terrible at saying no to anything sweet or fattening when its right in front of me!

At the moment I seem to be using all my syns on junk like chocolate / cakes / sweets. I think after christmas, I am in the habit of eating them so now just keep getting cravings. Before i gave up, i was having very few syns but then i'd just go and binge and ruin everything so decided to have more this time. I am just finding it tough to stick to 10-15 a day though, but i guess you're right and hopefully i will get into a routine.

Keep up the good work - i will try and follow your example! x

Sun 23rd Jan

Just thought I would roughly fill this in so I can look back and see where I went wrong, lol. So here is my weekend confession!

Saturday EE day
B - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and strawberries. 1/2 grapefruit.
L - McD's Chicken selects (12syns), with some salad bits.
S - Ice cream (? syns) with meringue nest (3 syns) and raspberries.
D - Salmon with new potatoes, dauphinoise potatoes (? syns), green beans and babycorn
Drinks - 2x tea, 3 x water
Exercise - None
Total Syns = ? syns

Sunday - EE day
B - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and strawberries + raspberries. 1/2 grapefruit.
L - Pasta salad (pasta, lettuce, cucumber, carrots, chicken)
S - Ice cream (? syns)
D - Chicken breast with new potatoes and peas (no superfree I know, this is why I do red days!! lol)
Drinks - 1 x Tea, 1 x Water
Exercise - 20 mins DVD
Total Syns = ? syns

Last edited:
Hi Emily, just thought I'd pop in and say hi :) Sounds like you're doing well, especially resisting the cupcakes. Good luck for this week :)

Keep up the good work :)

Thank you DQ and Dream.

Have to admit I had a bit of a dodgy weekend, hope I haven't completely blown this week! Had EE days both Sat and Sun, and I always tend to feel like I've been bad after EE days. I just don't like eating carbs, lol. The main bad thing I had this weekend was ice cream. I bought it to have with some mixed berries when my friend came over for dinner on Saturday night, and I haven't had ice cream in aaaages so went a bit mad! It is now in the bin though so I cant be tempted by it anymore.

Back on plan properly again today though.

Mon 24th Jan

Red day
B - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and strawberries and raspberries. 1/2 grapefruit.
L - Butternut squash soup (1.5 syns)
S - Banana. 6x crackerbread (HeB) with 56g philly (4 syns), 4 slice ham. A chocolate (3 syns)
D - Roast chicken, swede, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans.
Drinks - 2 x Tea, 2 x Water
Exercise - 20 mins DVD
Total Syns = 8.5 syns

Last edited:
Well done for getting back on track - I had a little binge of my own on Sat night and used up all my syns for the rest of the week :D So, I too am really focused this week and hoping for a loss this week :) x

Back