Emily's Weightloss Journey - 2011 will be my year!

Bad weekend, all triggered by a visit to my parents house where I never seem to be able to stop myslef from just eating and eating. Chocolate, biscuits etc etc. Preparing myself for the inevitable this week.....

Good luck with weigh in later!!! Fingers crossed for you.

Hey Hun how's it going? Have you got your computer fixed yet?

Hiya. Computer is still playing up a bit but hubby has managed to get it to stay on yesterday and today so hopefully it will last.

Gained 1lb this week, which I wasn't suprised about really because I wasn't in the 'zone' at all last week. Still gutted about it tho. If I had lost more weight up till now I wouldn't be too bothered about a gain of 1lb but when I've only lost 3.5lbs in 5 weeks that now takes me to 2.5lbs in 6 weeks, which is just horrendous. I'm really believing now that this will never happen. And a friend said to me the other day, well maybe your body is saying that it doesn't think it needs to lose any more weight. That REALLY didn't help! I am so determined to reach my target and be happy again and I'm trying so so hard but SW just isnt working anymore. And people cant say to me to give it time because I have given it 6/7 weeks and I have lost 2.5 measly pounds. I still have 36lbs+ to go!!!!!!!

I just feel kind of numb at the moment, I'm not really upset just now, just wondering what on earth to do. SW has helped me to change my eating habits forever and I now feel like they way I eat now will continue on and its just a way of life now. But it is not working in terms of helping me lose weight and reaching my target. If I could lose the weight then I am confident I would be able to successfully maintain by continuing to healthily eat the way I do now.

emily87 said:
Hiya. Computer is still playing up a bit but hubby has managed to get it to stay on yesterday and today so hopefully it will last.

Gained 1lb this week, which I wasn't suprised about really because I wasn't in the 'zone' at all last week. Still gutted about it tho. If I had lost more weight up till now I wouldn't be too bothered about a gain of 1lb but when I've only lost 3.5lbs in 5 weeks that now takes me to 2.5lbs in 6 weeks, which is just horrendous. I'm really believing now that this will never happen. And a friend said to me the other day, well maybe your body is saying that it doesn't think it needs to lose any more weight. That REALLY didn't help! I am so determined to reach my target and be happy again and I'm trying so so hard but SW just isnt working anymore. And people cant say to me to give it time because I have given it 6/7 weeks and I have lost 2.5 measly pounds. I still have 36lbs+ to go!!!!!!!

I just feel kind of numb at the moment, I'm not really upset just now, just wondering what on earth to do. SW has helped me to change my eating habits forever and I now feel like they way I eat now will continue on and its just a way of life now. But it is not working in terms of helping me lose weight and reaching my target. If I could lose the weight then I am confident I would be able to successfully maintain by continuing to healthily eat the way I do now.

Hey hun sorry to hear that you're still not losing. I can completely feel your frustration. Have you spoken to your consultant about it? She might have some good suggestion?

Or have you considered following some sample menu in the sw magazine? I've thought about doing that, as they look interesting and in theory that should work.

Have you also considered calorie counting? I know we shouldn't, according to sw, but tell you what, I don't really believe in "eat as much as you can" diets. How can you lose weight if you eat 3 jacket potatoes for breakfast, 3 for lunch and 3 for dinner, and 5 bananas in between? Just doesnt really make sense to me :p

Cheer up and have a good weekend.

Hey Hun thanks for popping by. How's it going for you? Still doing sw or are you doing something else like cc now? Hope you're well!!

Back