Emily's Weightloss Journey - 2011 will be my year!

Good on ya for deciding to keep going! At the end of the day people who have said SW is a way of life are right. I have noticed a difference in my mood, energy levels, skin and hair so at least you know it's good for you and is doing something for your health while vlcd wouldn't necessarily have.

Also I've read that to lose weigh healthily people need to eat between 1200 and 1700 cals so at 1300 you're doing well. I don't know if you should be counting calories to religiously as this could lead to frustration and bingeing maybe?? I know whenever I've tried counting calories I get to the time of the night where I've had my limit and that's when my brain has decided I'm really peckish and a diet coke won't cut it. That's why SW works because you feel like you are never limiting yourself, you know there's always something you can eat. For me that has sort of taken the "fun" out of eating a bit which is good because I only eat when I need to!

oh emily i so hear ya when it comes to the VLCD i am the exact same as you, was reading up on them nearly bought them i so know how you feel.
But you are doing well hun and i think you know SW is the better option when it comes to healthy eating just keep going even if you give yourself till the end of the month and see where you are.
speak later
S4L XXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you S4L. I'm still struggling with fighting the temptation to do a VLCD at the moment. Going to try and stick it out with SW until the end of the month and see how it goes. Feeling very fat and bloated today though.

Every Monday I put my work trousers on with the hope of them feeling even just a tiny bit looser, but no. They feel no different at all, and I am getting so so fed up with not losing weight!!!!!!

emily87 said:
Thank you S4L. I'm still struggling with fighting the temptation to do a VLCD at the moment. Going to try and stick it out with SW until the end of the month and see how it goes. Feeling very fat and bloated today though.

Every Monday I put my work trousers on with the hope of them feeling even just a tiny bit looser, but no. They feel no different at all, and I am getting so so fed up with not losing weight!!!!!!

I understand your frustration and why you may want to give VLCD a go. I think the question is, what will you feel while eating that little a day, and what happens if you eat normally again? To me those shakes are a temporary solution, but wouldnt quite work long term. (obviously we are biased as we are doing sw here!)

I understand your frustration and why you may want to give VLCD a go. I think the question is, what will you feel while eating that little a day, and what happens if you eat normally again? To me those shakes are a temporary solution, but wouldnt quite work long term. (obviously we are biased as we are doing sw here!)

totally agree with dreamaholic i think VLCD have actually made me fat:D:D

Last edited:
Sorry I've not been around much recently. My computer at home has completely kicked the bucket and now wont even turn on. I hate that computers only last for a couple of years these days! Really cant afford a new one at the moment as the car is going into the garage to hopefully be fixed on Friday, so no idea how much that will cost!! Oh well, will just have to use the internet in work while I can. Although I don't work Thursdays to Sunday so might end up having internet withdrawal, I cant live without my computer!!!!

I'm not doing so good on the SW front at the moment. Just feeling really demoralised with the plan and my super slow losses. I've not been eating bad things (no takeaways or chocolate or anything) but I've probably not been eating as much fruit and veg as I should.

After weigh in on Weds I will see what the result is, but I am thinking of mixing it up a bit next week. I'm thinking:

B - Fruit/berries with natural yogurt
L - Soup and ryvita (HeB)
D - The usual meat with steamed veg
Snacks - try to just stick to fruit if I'm hungry between meals.

I will give it a go and hopefully this might help speed up my losses a bit. On my days off, might have the odd SW cooked breakfast (bacon, eggs, mushrooms etc), or might have that for lunch. Maybe some SW quiche or something as a bit of a change.

I just want to start feeling that I am loosing weight. Then I wont mind so much if my losses are slow because at least I will be able to feel/notice the difference. 3lb loss is not even enough to notice, and I thought after a month on plan I would at least be able to notice something.

Dreading weigh in again tonight. Why do I always dread Wednesdays!? Probably due to the fact that my losses are always rubbish and I always come away dissapointed. :( Weighed myself at home this morning and I weighed the same as I did at home last week. So expecting a STS this week. I am slowly but surely losing all faith in SW.

Have a plan for this coming week where I am going to basically live off fruit and veg with some meat with my dinner in the evening. Dunno how long I will last, but if that doesn't work then I don't know what will!

Moan moan moan moan moan, lol. Its all I seem to do these days! Sorry guys!!

Red Days and EE

I have started SW online in January since I live in Malta and have only lost 7.5lbs from 3rd January so I was thinking of switching to the Original Plan since I heard its more effective and from this thread it seems some of you are of the same idea. I have been trying to find out on the website if I can alternate between EE days and Original days, but found no answer? Would you know if this is possible please? Or if I can only alternate between Original and Green days?

Thanks a million!

Hi Luisa. Yes you can do any combination of Red, Green and EE days. So for example one week you might do 3 days EE, 2 days red and 2 days green, or anything like that. I just stick to Red days as that is what suits me best, but sometimes I might have the odd Green or EE day if I feel like it.

Your 7.5lb loss is great though! Half a stone in a month is fab! Keep up the good work :)

emily87 said:
Dreading weigh in again tonight. Why do I always dread Wednesdays!? Probably due to the fact that my losses are always rubbish and I always come away dissapointed. :( Weighed myself at home this morning and I weighed the same as I did at home last week. So expecting a STS this week. I am slowly but surely losing all faith in SW.

Have a plan for this coming week where I am going to basically live off fruit and veg with some meat with my dinner in the evening. Dunno how long I will last, but if that doesn't work then I don't know what will!

I really hope you have some good news at your weigh in so you won't lose faith in sw!! Some people lost stones and stones of weight surely this has to work?

However I have to say my personal experience has been slow, but that is probably because I'm not doing this properly. (I admit I'm not really counting syns religiously and I don't eat my healthy extras)

Last edited:
Lost 1/2lb. Cant even say that I'm disappointed because to be disappointed I would have had to be expecting something and I know now not to think I going to lose anything much and not to get my hopes up. Don't really know how to feel to be honest. I know its still a loss, but I mean come on, look at my losses, this really is just taking the p**s.

Oh well, heres to another week of being 100% and losing hadly anything!

Also just seen that according to the SW website I will reach target in June 2012!! Lucky me!!

Oh Emily I'm very sorry. I really think your losses will pick up soon. Have you been drinking plenty of water? I used to have slow, inconsistent losses and some gains but now since I've started drinking like 5 pints of water a day my losses have sped up so much, and I'm dead near to target.

emily well done on your .5lb you are getting there i know it is painfully slow i feel the same way so sorry you are pissed off and i really dont blame you
best of luck for next week hun xxxx

At least it's heading to the right direction. If you keep your 100% days Im sure things will start picking up soon. Maybe drink more water and do more exercise and see how it goes?

Hi Emily

I feel your pain, my losses have been slow too. Other people who joined at the same time as me have lost loads more, one woman, who wasn't much bigger than me to start with, has lost over a stone... Here I am with an lb or a half lb most weeks, sturggling to get to my half stone.

I am keeping the determination going tho. my bf says he can see a difference, altho I think he is just being nice, but it reminds me how nice it is when people start to notice your weight loss and give you compliments. Those are the days I'm waiting for and that's what's holding my attention!! xx

Emily, I feel the same. My losses are so slow I feel like giving up. I have to keep reminding myself a loss is a loss and it's all in the right direction. Hang in there :)

Back