Emily's Weightloss Journey - 2011 will be my year!

Good luck with the weigh in Emily!!! Really hope you have a good loss - i know how frustrating it is when it happens way too slowly (i have managed a pathetic 0.5lb in 2 weeks, lol - tho have kinda got myself to blame as for some reason am really struggling with this)

Anyway, your diaries are looking good so fingers crossed it will show up on the scales.

xxx

Finger crossed for you tmr. Im quite nervous myself too.

What ww ready meal do you recommend? I usually just go for the m and s count on us / full for longer as there's a m and s right next to my office.

Weds 2nd Feb

Red day
B - 42g Allbran (HeB) with milk (HeA) and strawberries.
L - WW sausage and mash (7 syns)
S -
D - Pork chops, butternut squash, broccoli, green beans.
Drinks - 2 x Tea, 3 x Water, Options hot choc (2 syns)
Exercise -
Total Syns = 9 syns

Last edited:
The WW meals might not be to everyones tastes but I find they are fine for me, and much more interesting than having soup. M&S food is probably nicer, lol. They are also cheaper than I would have thought and last in the fridge/freezer for ages.

I only go for the lower syn ones for red days but, I love the salmon and broccoli wedge melt (had it yesterday in work and it stank the office out, might have to save it for when I'm at home, lol), the lasagne was nice, I like the sausage and mash (got that for todays lunch), wasn't too keen on the cottage pie but it was quite filling. Umm....cant remember what else I've had now! Oh, the ham and mushroom tagliatelle (sp) was ok, would probably choose other things above it though.

Nom nom, cant wait for my lunch now. Trying to keep my mind off of weigh in too! Eek. Sometimes I really wish I weighed in the morning.

I love ready meals for lunch too, especially in winter as they are nice and warm, but yes, I always try to stay away from seafood as it does not smell v nice in the office! Lol (tho I love seafood!!)

Lost 1lb. Have to admit I am a bit dissapointed seeing as I had a STS last week, but its in the right direction I guess. 3lb in 4 weeks is pretty slow though which sucks. Even a 2lb loss would make me happy.

Was very proud of myself tonight as well. Hubby wanted a pizza and we were actually sat here deciding what we wanted from the menu. I actually picked up the phone about to dial, then my determination kicked in and I said no, we are going to have the pork chops we were planning to have. So resisted the naughty pizza :D

Last edited:
it's probably some fluctuation of the scale! don't be disheartened! and a pound is a pound, you're a pound closer to your goal!! :)

also, well done for saying no to the pizza! :)

Thurs 2nd Feb

Red day
L - WW chicken with creamy mushroom sauce (10 syns)
S - Banana, Activia yogurt, 2 alpen light bars (HeB)
D - Lamb chops, butternut squash, broccoli, green beans, babycorn.
Drinks - 3 x Tea, 4/5 x Water
Exercise -
Total Syns = 10 syns

Oops, didn't realise the WW meal today was that many syns, wont pick that one again, lol.

Went a bit overboard on the veg tonight, was sooo hungry though, then couldnt eat it all!

Last edited:
Oh dear, just spent the whole afternoon/evening looking over and over at VLCD websites and on the forums on here. I'm so so fed up with this slow weight loss. I feel that I have reached a point where my eating habits have been changed for life and that if I was at target right now I would have no trouble maintaining. What scares me with the VLCD diets though is that I might get to target and then start eating perfectly healthily like I am now but the weight might pile back on uncontrolably, like for no reason. I'm so confused right now and my head and heart are battling with each other the whole time! I just don't know!! :(

Have been feeling really hungry quite a lot today as well.

I think part of the problem is is that I know that from the weight I am now, even if I lose 1 stone I still wont drop a dress size. Because I got down to 160lbs last year and still couldn't fit into size 14s comfortably yet. So with the weight I'm going, say I managed to lose 1lb a week (year right!), that would be 17lbs by my birthday on 16th June and that would take me to 159.5lbs which I know wont even be a dress size smaller. I'm soooooo frustrated right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to scream!!!!!!!! Either that or cry :(

emily87 said:
Oh dear, just spent the whole afternoon/evening looking over and over at VLCD websites and on the forums on here. I'm so so fed up with this slow weight loss. I feel that I have reached a point where my eating habits have been changed for life and that if I was at target right now I would have no trouble maintaining. What scares me with the VLCD diets though is that I might get to target and then start eating perfectly healthily like I am now but the weight might pile back on uncontrolably, like for no reason. I'm so confused right now and my head and heart are battling with each other the whole time! I just don't know!! :(

Have been feeling really hungry quite a lot today as well.

I think part of the problem is is that I know that from the weight I am now, even if I lose 1 stone I still wont drop a dress size. Because I got down to 160lbs last year and still couldn't fit into size 14s comfortably yet. So with the weight I'm going, say I managed to lose 1lb a week (year right!), that would be 17lbs by my birthday on 16th June and that would take me to 159.5lbs which I know wont even be a dress size smaller. I'm soooooo frustrated right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to scream!!!!!!!! Either that or cry :(

Sorry to hear that you are feeling fed up. I've not heard of this VLCD diet but is it restrictive and is it sustainable? if we want to lose weight and maintain long term, the diet cant be too restrictive and be sustainable. I know a friend who did lighter life, she couldnt eat alot, had to live on prepared pouches of soup etc she did lose a lot of weight over a few months but I saw her recently, and if I'm completely honest, I think she's put alot back on already.

I'm not following sw 100% as I'm a little lazy to count the syns, but in the grand scheme of things I try to eat more fruit and veg and less fattening food like choc, cake and crisps. I'm taking the scenic route - losing slowly but I know I can do this for life and I don't feel that deprived.

Have a think about how you want to lose weight and how to keep them off for the rest of your life. Whichever route you choose, best wishes to you.

Ok found out that VLCD = very low calorie diet

It's not for me then :p

I keep changing my mind like the wind with this at the moment. I very nearly placed an order for one of these VLCDs last night. Got to the point of choosing which flavour shakes and things I wanted. Then did a bit more looking around on forums etc and said to myself, no I'm going to stick with SW and the weight will come off eventually. Then when I was lying in bed I changed my mind again and was thinking I will give it a go for a few weeks just to get a boost and then come straight back to SW. Woke up this morning feeling the same. So had another session looking through forums and things and have now changed my mind again and I'm going to stick with SW. At least that is what I'm decided on at the moment.

Going to count my daily calories so I can see actually how many I am consuming. Even though I am sticking to plan 100%, maybe there are a few hidden in there that aren't necessary. Going to really up my exercise too. Aiming for 2 sessions a day if possible. Already done 30mins on the exercise bike this morning, which I haven't done in aaages. So we will see how this week goes and what the result is at weigh in on Weds. Although, what I do know is that if I don't see a decent loss this week I will be devastated. Surely I'm due a loss of 2lbs or more by now?!?!?! I'm really praying February is a better month in terms of results.

Fri 4th Feb

Red day
L - WW salmon and broccoli melt (4.5 syns)
S - 6x crackerbread (HeB), WW tuna (2syns)
D - Chicken breast, broccoli, green beans, cauliflower, 2tbsp light mayo (4 syns).
Drinks - 2 x Tea, 5 x Water
Exercise - 30mins ex bike, 20mins ex dvd
Total Syns = 10.5 syns

Last edited:
So today I have been 100% on plan and I have just worked out how many calories that equates to. About 1300 calories! :eek: Which personally I think is quite high if I'm trying to lose weight. So might have to rethink things a bit maybe. Tea with milk and no sugar is like 70 cals! Hmm, problem is I have still been feeling hungry at times, but I cant afford to eat any more calories than that. Maybe thats why I'm losing weight so slowly.

Hi Emily just been reading through your diary and wanted to say hi and that I think you're doing really well. It's so frustrating losing weight slowly- I have too and have even had a few gains despite not having had one day off plan.

But if has come off which is the main thing!

I think you should stick with SW as it's something you can continue with for life and these vldc seem like a quick fix and you hear about people ending up heavier than when they started!

Have you thought of trying different plans?
Do you just do red days?

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do anyway! X

Hi Jules. Thank you so much for your post. You are doing so well, 1 stone off is brilliant, and only 8 more lbs to go!!

I think I am sticking with SW for the time being and see how it goes. Going to try uping my exercise and keep an eye on the actual calorie intake. I only really do Red days as I did try EE when I rejoined last year but my losses were slower and I found I was probably eating too much. I also prefer to keep my carb intake down as they dont really agree with me.

I wouldn't mind my slow losses so much if I was actually beginning to see/feel a difference but I know that even when I was a stone lighter than I am now I was still wearing the same dress size which just doesn't make sense to me. Oh well. Onwards and downwards (i hope!) :)

hey hun, I can feel your frustrations!! There could be other reasons why you're not losing weight
- you're losing inches, not pounds
- the scales at SW are rubbish
- there are random fluctuations
- time of the month?

I think sw promotes healthy eating - low fat and more fibre, you can't be doing yourself any harm, right? The pounds will shift, sooner or later. And you've bought 12 weeks count down right? You may as well give it 10 more week to see how it's going! I think the pound will start shifting soon if you keep doing 100% days! It will!

Hi Emily, sorry that you are feeling down about your weight loss rate. I agree with dreamaholic, the pounds will shift eventualy. As you know, I am also a slow loser generaly but I am sticking with SW because I feel that its a plan that I enjoy following and will be more likely to stick to than any other. Very low calorie diets are only a quick fix but the weight goes on as quickly when you try to eat normaly. Have you thought of trying a week without ready meals to see if it makes a difference? Anyway sorry to drone on Emily, big hug coming your way and good luck with the rest of your SW week.x

Back