Emma’s Diary - Size 24-12 baby! 8st 0.5lb lost! ** TARGET MEMBER **

Hey Emma.... I realy like the style of your diary... it sets thinks out so easily..... I'm gonna give it a go trying mine like this, might help me to update more regularly :)

Friday 6th December 2013

Good morning everyone!

It's finally Friday, woohoo! I've got that Friday feeling and I'm ready for the weekend. The weather is still torrential up here today, but I've got veg soup again for dinner so that'll warm my cockles up :)

I'm spenidng tonight with my best mate, we normally have Friday nights as girlie nights, which usually involves a takeaway & film night. Tonight I'm going to suggest a chinese, so either Chicken chow mein or chicken fried rice will be on the cards, mmmm! Will update my tea syns later on.

It's my works christmas party tomorrow, and I'm sooo looking forward to it. Saved my syns up and it's defo going to be worth it, can't beat a good few bevvies and a boogie. I won't be counting my syns throughout the night, well I'll try, but I'm going to allow myself 50-60 syns, which is more than enough!

Todays food is looking like this...

Breakfast:
1x WW toffee yogurt, raspberries & a cup of peppermint tea

Mid-morning snack:
Banana & cup of green tea.

Dinner:
Homemade veg soup (Carrots, potatoes, leeks, onions & stock) with chopped carrot sticks.

Tea:
1/3 portion of chicken fried rice (counted 4 syns) handfull of chips (counted 5 syns), 5 prawn crackers (1.5 syns) bisto gravy (1 syn)

Evening snack:
Weetabix Oaty bar (HExB)

HExA - 250ml semi-skimmed milk
HExB - 1x Weetabix Oaty Bar

Daily syns: 11.5
Weekly syns: 16.5/105

Last edited:
Hi Emma!!

Just been reading through your diary!

Well done on your amazing loss so far !! :D

I'll be giving those quorn burgers a go too!

Just dropping by to subscribe. Keep up the good work, we've started at about the same height and weight although I've only been going a couple of months so far.

I'm actually calorie counting but I am really enjoying the slimming world diaries!

I'm a bit of a serial dieter, this is my forth time of losing weight. My target doesn't actually put me quite into "normal" BMI but its where I know I was happy with my size and shape and a weight which seemed to 'suit' my build.

You look great in your pictures and i'm sure you're already feeling fantastic already even with a little way to go. Its brilliant when you get to a size you're fairly happy with a the desperation to shed it quickly wears off. I'm always happier to take my time once I'm close to goal. Hmmm maybe thats why I end up regaining the weight?

Enjoy your weekend x

Well I've had a good night with Carly, we had a chinese - Well I say chinese, I ended up having a third of a portion of chicken fried rice with a handful of chips, some bisto gravy & 5 prawn crackers. The soup I had for my dinner must've kept me fuller for longer which is great! I normally wolf down a chinese. So ttodays syns ended up as 11.5 which is quite good. Leaves me with over 80 syns left for the week.

Really looking forward to my works christmas party tomorrow, I'm going to go for an early morning swim in the morning, well if I get up early enough that is haha.

MrsGinger - Thanks for stopping by, hope your weight loss journey is going well.

Subscribing I like reading your diary :)

Saturday 7th December 2013

Today was my works Christmas party and oh my god I such a brilliant night! Everyone was dressed up and looks brilliant, here's a selfie I took before we got picked up - Never actually ended up taking any more photos throughout the nice, which is a shame. But nevermind...

worksxmaspartynightDec2013.jpg

Here's my food diary for the day, I kept track of my drink intake so I could count my syns, so here goes...

Breakfast:
WW toffee yogurt, 2x tangerines

Dinner:
Homemade veg soup (Carrots, potatoes, leeks, onions & stock)

Tea:
Rice, 3 bits of chicken curry (6 syns) boiled potatoes with no butter, slice of roast beef, side salad... Followed by blackcurrant cheesecake (Counted 7 syns as it was a little bigger than 25g!)
Drinks:
6x Vodkas (25ml) with diet coke = (15 syns)
2x Jagermeister (25ml) = (10 syns)

Snacks/munchies throughout the day:
Weetabix Oaty bar (HExB)
Treatsize Maltesers (4.5 syns)
Curly Wurly (6 syns)
Rowntress Ripems x2 (6 syns)
Flump (1.5 syns)

HExA - Totally forgot to use this!
HExB - 1x Weetabix Oaty Bar

Daily syns: 56
Weekly syns: 72.5/105

Sunday 8th December 2013

Good evening everyone, my god I am feeling rough today. Didn't get up until dinner time! Waltzed myself downstairs, proper craving a big greasy bacon sandwich but I went for my usual breakfast to start the day off as I meant to go on.

My sister came down this afternoon as well with my little niece to help put the Christmas tree & decorations up - This made me feel even worse so I decided to make some proper grub, which was a big fat double cheese burger, nom nom. Totally syn free as well. I love Slimming World!

Now I'm off to snuggle up on the sofa with my dressing gown for the remainder of the night :)

Breakfast:
WW vanilla yogurt, 1x tangerine & a banana

Dinner:
2x Quorn red onion burgers, 2x Dairylea light cheese slices (HExA) in a wholemeal roll (HExB) with a side salad - Totally syn free!

Tea:
Will update later!

Snacks:
1x Treatsize Milkyway (3.5 syns)

HExA - 2x Dairylea Cheese Slices
HExB - 60g Wholemeal roll

Daily syns: 3.5
Weekly syns: 76/105

Hello! I'm new this board but been doing slimming world for a while now. I love the layout of your diary and have subscribed!
You're doing very well, well done!

Evening Emma,

You look lovely in your selfie! I'm always struck by how young/freshfaced lots of people look when they lose weight, I hope that happens to me too :D. Sounds like you had a great evening and I hope a bit of lounging around helps the hangover clear off!

Monday 9th December 2013

Well today I feel even worse compared to yeterday. My whole body is aching, it must be from all the dancing I was doing on Saturday night, haha. I feel terrible. Hopefully plenty of water and fruit will help be perk up a bit.

I'm travelling down to Milton Keynes this afternoon for a 2 day training course through work. We're setting off about 2pm ish, so I'll have chance to have dinner before we go. Great, a 5 hour drive when feeling slightly hungover! Help me!!
I'm away until Wednesday night so it's going to be tough to food optimise but of course I will try and make the right choices.

I feel really bloated at the moment so I've deicded that my body has consumed too many syns for the week, so I'm going to try and have syn free days until Thursday. I'm weighing in on Thursday this week with being away, so hopefully I can pull it back a bit.

Todays food is looking like this...

Breakfast:
WW toffee yogurt, 2x tangerines

Dinner:
Tomato & herb mugshot with apple & 2 tangerines

Tea:
Will update later!

Snacks:
1x Weetabix Oaty bar

HExA - 30g cheese
HExB - Weetabix Oaty Bar

Daily syns: 0
Weekly syns: 76/105

gdbby-xo - Thanks for the kind words and for subscribing :)

Jody - I've also noticed that I look alot younger compared to pictures from last year. It will certainly happen to you :)

I hope the drive down to the land of roundabouts (MK) was ok!

Hi Emma

Your photo is amazing you look great real inspiration to all others who are starting out on SW glad you had a good night and hope you have shifted that crappy feeling good luck with your weigh in on thurs !!! Never easy when you go away is it always tr and prepare and take snacks that are needed but sometimes you can't fully follow plan 100%

Take care enjoy your course and have a safe journey back :)

Tuesday 10th December 2013

Good morning everyone, I'm struggling down here at the moment! The drive down took 5 hours, as the traffic was immense! Never seen anything like it.

We stopped off at a place called The Gatehouse for tea, and I ended up ordering the Thai Chicken Curry (It was a part of the healthy choice options - under 600 cals apparently) So I'm not 100% how to my syns for that. It's an absolute nightmare.

Breakfast this morning was OK, as it was a full english buffet style, so I chose wisely, but now I'm in a training course all day and I'm assuming lunch is provide, so hopefully there's a variety of choice.

Tonight we're going for a carvery, so I'm going to fill up on lots of meat and vegetables - You know what I've missed my normal breakfast of fruit and yoghurt already. I do have tnagerines and apples to snack on, but I'm not a big fan of travelling with work. Hmmpphh!

So here's todays food...

Breakfast:
Beans, scambled egg, tomatos & one slice of brown bread

Dinner:
Buffet style 2x small triangle sandwiches of ham & cheese, 2 grill chicken sticks, 2 tangerines & an apple

Tea:
Carvery! Turkey, pork, turnip, carrots, peas and a splash of gravy!

Snacks:
Tangerines and apples

HExB - 1x slice of brown bread

Really not looking forward to weighing in on Thursday, it's just because I've now got it into my head that I'm going to have a gain. I'll be over the moon if I have a maintain.

jma - Thanks for the comment, really appreciate it :)

Last edited:
Well done on your food choices today. :) I woulda had more than two little butties at the buffet- loooove bread!!

Wednesday 11th December 2013

Good morning everyone!

Ok, so I'm feeling a bit more positive today. Yesterday I felt really awful, dead bloated and no motiviation at all but today is a brand new day! :)

I've got 6 hours training today, then I'm setting off back for a 5 hour drive home, woohoo! I hate being away from my own surroundings, I'm a proper home bird.

I've got my own dinner today instead of picking at the buffet that is provided!

So todays food is looking like this.

Breakfast:
Plum tomatoes, beans, scambled egg & one slice of brown bread

Dinner:
Tomato & herb mugshot and 3 tangerines

Tea:
Not sure yet! Will have it when I get home - Something really light with loads of superfree

HExB - 1x slice of brown bread

Last edited:
Ha! Were you seeing if we were awake? Or are you wishing that it was Friday? :D

Well done on staying on plan while you are away, Have a safe trip home.

I am like you, I am a real home bird, I am not even keen on sitting and having my lunch in the canteen, I would prefer to waste half my lunch hour driving home and back! :)

Back