Emma's Diary

Morning campers lost another 2 this week woo hoo. Got Freds christening on sunday and got a fab dress to wear so i am very very pleased

xx

Well done Emma... enjoy your christening. x

Well done Em, how did the christening go love, I'm sure it was fine.

Morning everyone, Jim the christening was lovely, I was very naughty but it was worth it haha.

Not read OWL but will weight loss slow down Jim?

xx

YES IT WILL SOW eM, I ADDED A BOUT 5 CARBS A MONTH UNTIL i STOPPED LOOSING, THEN REMOVED THOSE 5 CARBS FROM MY DAY AND STARTED LOSING AGAIN.

ooops, bloody caps lock!

sorry, wasn't shouting.

Yes OWL is slower but it is what Atkins is about. Adding back carbs until you find the level at which you eat a wider variety of foods yet still lose weight. The main goal is always long term maintenance, however tough we might find it to accept a slower rate of loss.

And it can be very slow at times for some, yet steady and fairly fast for others. If we become afraid of food on Atkins, and never try to add things back, we will lose out in the long run.

Just been on the Atkins bulletin board and it says so long as you bloods, blood pressure and sugar levels are stable or improving, so long as you are not bored and so long as you still have energy and normal sleep patterns you can stay on induction. So I think I will go to the doctors and get some bloods done. I still have nearly 3 stone to loose so would rather loose another 1 at least before going OWL. Its not like the weight is flying off and I don't eat my full 20 carbs most days so I reckon it wouldn't take much to completely stall weight loss all together. What do you reckon?

xx

Id stay on induction Em but thats only me saying. I havent been on for as long as you but I will be staying on induction as my weight loss is slow too- until I only have half stone left then go onto OWL

I stayed on Induction for 6 months Em.

I have more or less done 6 months as of 19th March. Have read the book today and there was a lady who did it for 2 years as her average loss was 5lbs per month due to her high metabolic resistance. I am actually only loosing an average of 1.3lbs per week which is veeeerrrrry slow! Not that that bothers me but lets face it much slower and we would be stalled ha ha!

Yes Em, but that's 60 pounds a year isn't it.

wow yes that a lot! and if you did ww or sw it would be the same but being starving most of the time :D

OMG what a bad day I had yesterdaycompletely my own fault for leaving the christening cake on the side where I coulod see it (its not there now I ate it) Binge went on all day it was truly horrific. But back on it today and forget it

xx

well at least you are back on the wagon and that's what's counts. yesterday was yesterday and look ahead to today and tomorrow... it happens to us all..

Jeez, and I bet you feel crap Em, I always do when I overdose on carbs love.

Em- hope the carb hangover doesnt last long x

Actually didn't feel too bad apart from the belly ache just p'eed off haha

xx

Back