Emma's Diary

RetailChick

2 Years Maintaining :)
Hi Ladies,

Well I posted this message here back in April:

Hi everyone :D

I'm a long time member of the site but never posted in this section! I am currently 24w+3d pregnant with our very much wanted second baby! I have a 4 and a half year old little boy and we found out a couple of weeks ago we are expecting a girl! To say we are over the moon would be an understatement :)

I lost nearly 2st in 2010 on LT and managed to maintain the loss for over a year before we decided to ttc, thankfully we were very lucky and conceived in our second cycle! However all my body has been craving since I got pregnant is blooming carbs and more carbs!! I have put on well over a stone already :( I normally hover between 9st 11lbs and 10st 2lbs but I currently weigh 11st 7lbs :(

Hopefully by starting this diary it will encourage me to track my food each day as I've gotten out of the habit and hopefully limit the gain!!

Emma
xxxx

Since then I've been absolutely rubbish! Between some really tough issues going on with my job, family stuff and a difficult few months in the pregnancy healthy eating and keeping up to date here went out the window!! I've been in and out of hospital a few times with bleeds and was kept in for over a week with meningitis :( Not to mention tortured with sciatica and my SPD has flared up.

Anyway I finished up work over a week ago so have had a chance to read through all your diaries and it's really brought home that pretty soon I'll have my baby here :eek: You guys are all doing so well especially with weightloss and your babies are soooooo adorable, I'm hoping to have the same determination when this little one comes along!!

I'm due in 19 days :) really feeling it now and can't wait. Am hoping I go early but probably wont ha! Plucked up the courage to weigh myself today and am 13st :( gutted but theres nothing I can do about it now except try lose as much as I can after! Am off to update my stats now!

Em x

I'm so sorry u have had a up and down pregnancy I had spd and I know a few girls on here did too its horrid I feel for u it will b so worth it when u c ur beautiful baby I went up to 14.6 I gained so much weight but I think it's worth it I dropped nearly 2 stone already got another 2 to go u can join us when u r all ready I miss being pregnant so much lol weird I am lol x

Aww I know especially as I sailed through my first pregnancy with my little boy it was a shock to the system. I had to have a few weeks off work on two seperate occasions and I finished work 4 weeks before my due date so I'm sure that's why my SPD isnt as bad as I'm off my feet most of the time! The bad thing is I'm not getting any exercise except from waddling to the fridge!!

You've done amazing to drop 2st already and your baby girl is gorgeous, must be the year of the girl, everyone seems to be having a girl :) I hope the weight drops off me as quick! We've a few things coming up shortly after the birth, my partners 30th, 2 weddings and I'm meant to be going to my aunts 50th bash in portugal in October so sef dont wanna still be carrying this weight!!

I'm so uncomfortable at the moment with restless legs at night so not sleeping well at all.......cant imagine missing this but I bet I'll miss my bump when shes here x

Have spent the past 2 days in some very bad habits!

Waking at 7/8ish each morning and helping my OH get our son ready for montessori. Having breakfast, normally bowl of Special K or Bran Flakes, they I end up dozing off on the sofa until maybe 11 or 11.30am!

Have banana on wholegrain toast then spend the next hour or so snacking!! I must be mad, I feel so heavy and uncomfortable I'm not doing myself any favours! Then I end up dozing off again until 3/4!!

I'm just so exhausted this week I don't know why. My legs at night are so restless it's agony and annoying all rolled into one. Last night was particularly bad, had a very sharp stabbing pain in my lower right abdomen and really dull backache :( Was up at least 8 times to pee :(

38wk+1d :)

Was at GP yesterday baby head is still down but not engaged or anything. Back to the hospital next week at 39wks+1d for next doctor visit. Starting to get some new stretchmarks on my tummy. I'm gutted :( Honestly if they go up past my belly button I'm going to be so upset. Sounds so un important but they affect me so much, I only got some at 41weeks with my first son and it honestly took me years to accept them and that was as they improved. I can only imagine how these fresh ones will look in a few weeks when my bump is gone and my tummy all wobbly :(

Had my 39+1day appointment today. Wasn't really happy with the doctor I saw. She just rushed through everything really quickly, didn't even ask me any questions :(

Positives are the babys head is 3/5 engaged and she looks healthy! Heartbeat is strong too :)

Have another app next week at 40+1day. If I don't go before my due date they will allow me to go 10 days over then I'll have to be induced. Went 14 days over with my son 5 years ago so am expecting to be induced again!

Did a fair bit of walking today, feeling lots of twinges and pressure down below now. Stretchmarks havnt spread as of yet am keeping my fingers crossed. They are really really itchy thoguh which is very uncomfortable :(

Well 40wks +1 Day today! It's also my little boys 5th birthday :)

No sign of this little one making an apperance on her own. Have app with hospital at 3pm, they might give me a sweep I think.

Guess she is just too cosy in there xx

Thanks hun xx

They gave me 2 of them with my last pregnancy, still ended up going 14 days over before being induced so I'm not getting my hopes up!!

Had my sweep yesterday. Doctor said my cervix was short at only 1mm and I was already 2cm dialated so that got me excited............cue today still no baby so obviously hasnt worked :(

They have booked me in to be induced next Saturday the 11th x

You'll be gone before then hun if your already 2 cm an 1mm hun. Good luck, keep us posted x

Hope so hun but trying not to get my hopes up! Don't feel any different at all, other than a bit tender following the sweep!

They offered me another sweep for next Wednesday but don't know whether it'd be worth it or not ???

Anyway gonna go for a long walk later on with my boys, trying to keep busy x

Lost my plug at about 2.40pm today :)

Do you ladies think things might happen in the next day or so?? I've no experience of going into labour myself since I was induced last time so starting to feel anxious eek!

I was 2 cm but my cervix was really thick. I had a sweep lost my plug and went into labour a few hours later. Altogether my labour was 46 hours start to finish. Established was about 20 hours x

So yes, sorry I never answered your question, I think it will be soon good luck! X

With my last 2 children I had the sweep and then 48 hours later I was in labour with my daughter I lost my plug then I started contracting about 6 hours later I was induced with my first two kids as well so I think that it is going to be very soon for you x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks guys, I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it's hard!! Every twinge I get I think this might be it:)

Have been feeling generally crampy since the plug, baby movements are quick, sharp and constant! Sounds so stupid but I keep panicking I wont know I'm having contractions, but I know once I have one there'll be no mistaking it haha!!

Oasis I remember reading your birth story, 46 hours, you deserve a medal!!! My labour with my first was only short of 7hrs! x

My first was 36 hours after my waters broke and I was only 6 cm and baby got distressed so had emergency section. I now believe I'll only every ha e extremely long labours! Maybe next time I'll be nice and skinny and baby will shoot out lol x

Wow long labours hun, all worth it in the end though :) My little boy is called Jack too x

Still no movement :( Had a very uncomfortable night, quite crampy but still nothing! Shall keep on waiting patiently lol x

Back