Emma's Diary

emmsie27

Hi to anyone who wants to read my diary and join me on my journey,

I've decided to take control and use this space to note the foods that I eat and the weight that I lose.....Hopefully!

My name is Emma,
I am 34,
I have a two year old son called Charlie and I've been with my other half Mark for 7 years.
I've always been a big girl, since childhood, I was always the podgy one out of me and my twin sister! I grew up in a farming family, so stodgy meals and large portions were a must!

Last year (summer) I got a new job, at an occupational health meeting I was weighed and because my BMI put me in the morbidly obese category, she referred me to my GP. It's probably the best thing that could have happened, it really made me see that I needed to do something serious about losing weight. My GP then referred me to the healthy lifestyles group in my town. I went along to my first meeting and weighed in at 22st 1lb. I went along to the groups and met with the group leader 1:1 every 2-3 weeks. I managed to lose 2st 10lbs by eating sensibly and cutting down on portion sizes. However this program only lasted 6 months and I've been trying to do it on my own since March, not always fully committed though :( I put back on some of the weight lost and weigh in today at 19st 11lbs.

I'm going to weigh in on a Friday morning and would really appreciate and help and support that you can give me.

Thank you for reading,
Emma x

Day one - food I've eaten today:
Breakfast: 2 slices of wholemeal toast with jam
Lunch: noodle soup, greek yoghurt and an apple
Dinner: Chicken and vegetable skewer with salad.

Hi!

Welcome and good luck! I am sure you will do great! There is a lot of good support on here and loads of nice recipes :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Today I weighed in at 19st 9lb, going in the right direction :) just need to stick at it and think about what I'm eating!

What diet are you doing? The chicken and vegetable skewer sounds nice. :)

No diet in particular, I'm really just trying to eat as healthy as I can. It was yummy, I put chicken, peppers, onions and mushrooms on the skewer and baked in the oven, had it with salad and a sweet chilli & mayo sauce :)

Oh yum! I'm on slimming world :) was going well, but stayed the same weight for three weeks! Hopefully will start losing again soon! :)

I'm a huge fan of skewers too! Normally I get hubby to do one or two extra and I take them to work with me the next day. I found a great mojito lime marinade which I just sprinkle over the top for a little kick. Nom!

I usually do a Friday weigh in with another diary keeper - Saruk88, always welcome to join us if you wanted to. I don't follow a particular eating plan, just eating better based on some goals I was given by my PT and exercising at least 5 times a week, we can all get there together :hug99:

Yes, come join me and jody on our Friday morning weigh ins! Jody's done great and I haven't haha but I'm still an eager beaver despite the nasty scales!

Welcome to your weightloss journey! It's exciting :)

Back