Emma's Veggie Food Diary

Well done on your 3lbs - keeps you on track for your goal :) I agree that using both HExA for cheese would be loads which is why I do EE and only have 1 HExA (which I tend to split between skimmed milk and half fat cheese). I will look out for Half fat red leicester cos the cheddar is a bit bland. Thanks for the tip :).

well done!!!! i lost 3 this week but decided im guna try and do some green days... dont know how ya allowed so much cheese tho its madness need to buy nuts and things :D
im living off linda mccartney at the moment food is amazing
because im doing green i might have 10 syns at the most seeing as tho im having more healthy extras
have u tried the reduced fat red Leicester?? i love it :) xx

Don't over think it would be my advice. And don't your syns down because of the HEXs! The extra HEX's are there to make up restrictions that green and red have that EE doesn't. You can still have bread if you want! And 4 x HEX's of cheese if you want hehe ;) I had a HEXA and a HEXB of proper deli counter cheddar the other day and it was awesome. I change what I use my HEXB's on quite a bit so this week I have had bread, hifi bars, scan bran, cashew nuts, cheese, sultana bran and ryvita. I always use one HEXA for milk and the other either for cheese or more milk if I'm having porridge or a latte out. In my head being a veggie on EE is diddling yourself 'cos the whole point of EE is being able to have carbs and meat together and if I don't eat meat then I may as well do green and enjoy the extra HEX choices.

Some people report that they don't lose as well if they miss out one HEXA, so it's worth trying both, even if it's just for a week. I know it seems odd if you've done other diets but honestly you can eat all this stuff on SW and it does work. I've lost 4 stone eating toast and cheese and having on average 12 syns per day! Not saying that works for everyone but it can work because it has for me. :) Now it's about trial and error and seeing what works for you. Some people limit their syns and lose less, some have more syns and gain. Don't assume anything - try for yourself and don't deny yourself. There is no bad food on SW, just food. xxx

Hi Missy, I think I just have a mental block with Green Days! But your explanation makes total sense! Maybe one day I will be brave.....

I spent yesterday Christmas shopping...still more to do, but made a big dent in it! I ate lunch while out, but chose a salad from M&S which was free apart from the salad cream :) I bought a bottle of Rose on the way home with the intention of treating myself to a couple of glasses, but when it came to it, I did not feel like it...that is amazing for me as I am a bit of a wine guzzler lol!!

Thursday's diary:

Breakfast - 2 slices Hovis (HExB) with marmite. Banana and Satsuma
Lunch - M&S Salad with boiled egg, new potatoes, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, spring onion, Salad Cream (2.5 Syns)
Dinner - Couscous with mixed beans (Haricot, Kidney, Black Eyed and Borlotti), green beens, red pepper, sweetcorn, gherkins, baby leaf salad and 20g half fat cheese
(1/2 HExA). Activia FF Yoghurt.
Snacks - Hula Hoops (7 Syns)
Drinks - Tea (1/2 HExA), Peppermint tea, Water

I feel much slimmer today :) and hubby remarked that my bum is shrinking lol!!

Yesterday was another good day...more Christmas shopping...but it is now done...let the wrapping commence lol!!

Tonight I am going out with the Mums from school and it is Italian :eek:, but I am all planned for it. I am not using any Syns during the day and my HExB will cover some of the oil for cooking and the HExA will be some parmesan on my pasta. I am going for Melon for starter (it normally comes with Parma Ham but obv I will ask for it without), then for main course I am going to have Pasta Arrabiata which I reckon will use up the HExB allowance and then some Syns on top. I have no idea how many but I am sure it will be ok. No dessert which is not a problem as I don't normally have pudding. Plus I have opted to drive so I can avoid the wine!! Cunning plan methinks! :cool:

Friday's food was:

Breakfast - 2 Quorn Sausages (2 SYns), Egg, Baked Beans, Grilled mushrooms and tomatoes. Banana.
Lunch - 2 slices Hovis (HExB) topped with sliced tomato and 30g half fat cheddar (most of my HExA and a little left for milk!) and then grilled...yumyum.., 1/2 plate mixed leaf
salad and cucumber, Olives (1 Syn)
Dinner - 1/2 packet of stir fry mixed vegetables done in Frylight, with the rest of the mixed beans/ green beans/ pepper/ sweetcorn from yesterday, noodles. Activia FF Yoghurt.
(1/2 HExA). Activia FF Yoghurt.
Snacks - Hula Hoops (7 Syns)
Drinks - Tea (rest of HExA), DIet coke, Water

I did take pictures of my main meals as they looked so yummy, but have NO idea how to put them on as a thumbnail!

So, last night's meal went really well. We had a great laugh and I really enjoyed myself, without drinking (!) and I stuck to the plan! In the end, I had a rocket salad with olives to start with (only 6 olives, no dressing and no oil - still nice), I steered away from the garlic bread that was on offer to share :innocent0002:, and had pasta naplolitana for main. Black coffee in stead of pudding. But actually I felt full and satisfied, not bloated and tipsy which would be the norm at a meal out ;)

So, last night's meal went really well. We had a great laugh and I really enjoyed myself, without drinking (!) and I stuck to the plan! In the end, I had a rocket salad with olives to start with (only 6 olives, no dressing and no oil - still nice), I steered away from the garlic bread that was on offer to share :innocent0002:, and had pasta naplolitana for main. Black coffee in stead of pudding. But actually I felt full and satisfied, not bloated and tipsy which would be the norm at a meal out ;)

woo well done on sticking on the plan. I still havent been for a meal too scared hehe x

woo well done on sticking on the plan. I still havent been for a meal too scared hehe x

Thank you! I think it depends on where you go and who you are with though. This was easy 'cos it was italian and also because the people I went with are not the types to comment on what you are or are not eating or drinking!

Sunday's diary:

Breakfast: 2 Quorn Sausages (2 Syns), Baked beans, grilled tomatoes, grilled mushrooms.
Lunch: Tin of Baxters Mediterranean Tomato Soup (HExB). Banana. Activia FF Yoghurt.
Dinner: Chickpea, Tomato, Mushroom and Onion Curry with boiled rice. Apple and Grapes.
SNacks: 2 Cream Crackers (4 Syns) with 1/2 fat cheese (HExA). Handful of crisps (2 Syns).
Drinks: Water, Pepsi Max, Black Coffee.

yeah i suppose :)
i might go to skinnimalinx (all meals synned) and get something from there and that can be my meal out on sat hehe

*waves* I'm in Liverpool too :) Always nice to bump in to a fellow Scouser ;) x

Hi Twinniemum!
I'm so glad I spotted your diary. Can always use new veggie food diaries for inspiration. I've been doing SW for so long now that I tend to stick to the same meals. Need a kick up the bum with new recipes every now and then lol.
Well done on your losses so far, you're doing fantastically :D It's funny what you said about temptation getting easier to ignore. My Mum was ranting about me & my sister eating all her biscuits. My Sister looked at me and said "It's more likely the dogs got in to the biscuit tin than Kelly" LOL

Hi Twinniemum!
I'm so glad I spotted your diary. Can always use new veggie food diaries for inspiration. I've been doing SW for so long now that I tend to stick to the same meals. Need a kick up the bum with new recipes every now and then lol.
Well done on your losses so far, you're doing fantastically :D It's funny what you said about temptation getting easier to ignore. My Mum was ranting about me & my sister eating all her biscuits. My Sister looked at me and said "It's more likely the dogs got in to the biscuit tin than Kelly" LOL

Hello! Thanks for your nice comments. I know what you mean about getting same-ish with what you eat and I am hoping this diary will help me keep a bit of variety in there. DO you do a food diary here too? If so, I would love to subscribe!

And...WOW on your amazing 4st loss...that is so brilliant. You must feel fantastic :)

Monday's diary:

I seem to be having Quorn sausages for breakfast every day at the moment, but they are so filling and yummy :)!!!

Breakfast: 2 Quorn Sausages (2 Syns), Spaghetti Hoops, Poached Egg, tomato sauce (2 Syns). Grapes.
Lunch: Half fat Cheese and Marmite Sandwich (using HExA and HExB). 2 raw carrots. Apple. Activia FF Yoghurt.
Dinner: Veggie Spaghetti Bolognese made with Soya Mince, Passata, Mushrooms and Onions (1 Syn for olive oil). Added some olives too (1.5 Syns)
Snacks: Bowl of home-made Vegetable and Potato Soup - made with onion, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and potato.
Drinks: Water, Pepsi Max, Peppermint tea.

Back