Emma's Veggie Food Diary

Hello! Thanks for your nice comments. I know what you mean about getting same-ish with what you eat and I am hoping this diary will help me keep a bit of variety in there. DO you do a food diary here too? If so, I would love to subscribe!

And...WOW on your amazing 4st loss...that is so brilliant. You must feel fantastic :)

I do indeed. It has a LOT of pages now :eek: I've been doing SW for 3 years now!! My losses are rather slow lol.
This is me: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/127985-cheekychinchillas-food-stuff-141.html

And thank you :) I can't believe my most recent clothes have been size 12's!! Takes a bit of getting used to.x

I do indeed. It has a LOT of pages now :eek: I've been doing SW for 3 years now!! My losses are rather slow lol.
This is me: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/127985-cheekychinchillas-food-stuff-141.html

And thank you :) I can't believe my most recent clothes have been size 12's!! Takes a bit of getting used to.x

Thank you...I am all signed up and will have a good read through. And another well done for sticking at it...that takes a lot of commitment and hard work, but so worth it when you buy your size 12's hey!

I haven't had time to logon and post my food diary for the last couple of days! Yesterday, I had another night out - eek! THis time chinese and an all-you-can-eat menu :eek:. Could be very dangerous, but as I had weigh in this morning, that kept me in check....AND I lost 1.5lb this week!!!!!!!!!! I am so chuffed especially as I ate late last night so thought it might scupper any loss! So, even with 2 nights out this week, I still mananged to lose....:clap::clap:

So, yesterday's food was:

Breakfast: Activia FF Yoghurt with grapes and apple.

Lunch: Mashed potato, baked beans and 2 Linda McCartneys Red Onion Sausages (the free ones). Banana.

Dinner: Chinese Restaurant meal - Beansprouts in chilli for starter (sounded like a good choice but it was fried in a light batter!) with some seaweed.
Middle course - Quorn in Duck style (was nice actually) with one pancake, cucumber, spring onions and no plum sauce.
Main course - Boiled plain rice with vegetables in black bean sauce.
I assume that all my Syns would be used up in this meal and also my HExB on oil.

Snacks: None.
Drinks: Water, Diet Coke, tea (using HExA in milk).

Also, I found some great products in Tesco today - in the wholefood section - they are made by "pedon" and one is a barley mixture (barley, yellow lentils, green lentils, split peas - precooked) and also a 5 grain mixture (spelt, barley, rice, wheat, oats) which can both be cooked in 10 minutes. THought the barley one nice addition to soup or casserole and the other one an alternative to plain rice or couscous.

ANother meal out tonight - eeek!! THis time it is for my twins birthday tea at a 50's DIner...all burgers and chips!! But, I have phoned ahead and can have a jacket potato with beans and a salad :rolleyes:. How exciting!! I have 1lb to go to get back in my target range and stop paying for Club, so I really want to do it this week so I don't have to use holiday for Christmas week.

Thursday's food was:

Breakfast: An apple and a banana straight after WI. Then 2 slices Nimble bread with marmite (HExB)

Lunch: Spaghetti with marmite (Nigella I am told! Yum), 20g Half fat cheese grated on top (1/2 HExA), sweetcorn, lettuce, celery, tomatoes, cucumber with balsamic vinegar .

Dinner: Jacket spud with FF Cottage cheese and 2 tbsp Sweet & Sour Chilli Dipping Sauce (3 SYns), with Chick pea, Mushroom, Onion and Tinned Tomato Curry.

Snacks: 2 cream crackers (4 Syns) with FF Cottage cheese. Activia FF Yoghurt with raspberries and grapes.
Drinks: Water, Pepsi Max, tea (using rest of HExA in milk).

Hehe the duck style Quorn made me laugh! What did they use? The 'chicken' stuff? Have fun at your meal tonight too. And brilliant about the loss!!

I know, it made me giggle too! It looked like Quorn strips and did not taste like duck or chicken to be honest!! It was called Duck Surprise!! Goodness knows what it was lol, but she assured me it was Quorn!!

Our meal tonight was lovely and the children enjoyed it...I managed to stop myself stealing their chips *shines halo*!!

PS I have been reading through your diary and got some good ideas from it. Also just wanted to say I hope you are doing ok.

Friday...I gave blood today and was a bit worried about feeling bad due to eating less, so filled up on a big breakfast. I took a banana and an apple to eat after and avoided the crisps and biscuits I would normally have after. I felt fine - phew!!

Breakfast: 2 Linda McCartney Sausages, Poached egg and baked beans. Grapes, Raspberries and Activia FF Youghurt.

Lunch: Couscous, Mixed beans, Cucumber, celery, lettuce. 20g half fat cheddar (1/2 of HExA).

Dinner: At American Diner - Jacket potato, lettuce, purple cabbage, tomatoes, Gherkins. Ranch dressing (7 Syns).

Snacks: Apple, banana. 2 slices Nimble bread (HExB), FF cottage cheese, QUorn Ham.
Drinks: Water, Diet Coke, tea (using rest of HExA in milk).

Duck surprise made me lol! Was it def quorn or mock duck? Had that at Thai restaurants a few times and it's really nice :D

Duck surprise made me lol! Was it def quorn or mock duck? Had that at Thai restaurants a few times and it's really nice :D

Well she said Quorn I think!! It did have the same texture as Quorn and tasted nice enough. I would have it again, better than the pancakes with just the spring onion and cucumber which I normally have lol!!

Well she said Quorn I think!! It did have the same texture as Quorn and tasted nice enough. I would have it again, better than the pancakes with just the spring onion and cucumber which I normally have lol!!

Sounds like it was then - how odd! Mock duck is a lot softer but it really does look like proper duck, very odd stuff!

Very brave of you to give blood :) I can't coz I've had a transfusion and I'm a bit 'messed up' over it and won't even have blood tests now :eek: I think people who give blood are amazing :D

I know lots of people who have big problems with needles etc after bad experiences. Sorry to hear you needed a transfusion - hope all is ok now.

I started giving blood when I was 18. I had a long break whilst ttc (I was told it was not a good idea) and then after having my children due to emergency c-section. My Dad had leukemia and needed lots of blood, platelets etc over the years. It kept him alive for a long time. I went back to giving blood again about 3 years ago just before he died so I do it for him.

I am in awe of people who can give blood! It's such an amazing thing to do <3 I will do it one day, as much as I hate needles! Do you mind me asking why you shouldn't do it when ttc? Just so I know whether to put it on the backburner until I have kids!

I'd love tp give blood as i have had a transfusion too and wpuld like to "give back" but some1 told me you have to wait a certain amount of time after having a tattoo ... will have to look into it.. xx

Hello! Sorry to hear u needed a transfusion too. I hope all is well now. I don't think you can give if you have had a transfusion since 1980 and they say 4 months after a tattoo. All the guidelines are here:
Give Blood - Who Can't Give Blood but you can ring them to ask for advice. It only takes an hour once every 3 months and really does not hurt at all.

Last edited:
I am in awe of people who can give blood! It's such an amazing thing to do <3 I will do it one day, as much as I hate needles! Do you mind me asking why you shouldn't do it when ttc? Just so I know whether to put it on the backburner until I have kids!

Hi Missy, to be honest I don't know what the reason is for not doing it when ttc, it was just something the nurse at the time told me - that was about 15 years ago now so maybe things have changed! And, about the needles, you don't actually see them (unless you make yourself look!), it doesn't hurt much and the people who take the blood as doing it over and over so are really quick and efficient at it!!! I have thin veins and other nurses and doctors tend to have problems, but the blood nurses are in there as quick as a flash lol!!

Saturday's food

Breakfast: 2 Linda McCartney Red Onion Sausages, Baked Beans, raspberries, FF Yoghurt.
Lunch: Big plate of Couscous with mixed beans, carrot, lettuce, cucumber, celery, tomato, olives (1 Syn). Salad Cream (1.5 Syns).
Dinner: 2 slices Nimble (HExB), 20g half fat cheese (1/2 of HExA), tomato toasted. Stir Fry Vegetables with Soy Sauce on the side - odd but yummy!!
Snack: 2 cream crackers (4 Syns) with FF Cottage Cheese. 2 satsumas.
Drinks: Water, tea (1/2/ HExA), peppermint tea.

Hello! Sorry to hear u needed a transfusion too. I hope all is well now. I don't think you can give if you have had a transfusion since 1980 and they say 4 months after a tattoo. All the guidelines are here:
Give Blood - Who Can't Give Blood but you can ring them to ask for advice. It only takes an hour once every 3 months and really does not hurt at all.

I had one when I was a baby so it hasn't actually affected me as an adult but I've always said i would like to give blood. I had it in 1989.. so I'll have to look into it thanks for the link :)

Back