Emma's Veggie Food Diary

Sunday was a bit of a mish mash to be honest. I stayed within plan, but not with proper meals as such so I am not going to post a list for yesterday. I had my HExA and B, about 10 SYns and lots plenty of superfree so all good!

Today was my twins 10th birthday!!! Cannot believe they are double figures now! We went out for dinner to an oriental restaurant that serves the food buffet style - plenty of SW-friendly choices so I reckon I did ok. I cannot remember everything I had though! I made good choices, swerved past the cake and stuck to diet coke. I am hoping it was enough to keep me on track this week :)

Awww happy birthday to the kids :D And super well done on avoiding the cakes at the restaurant.....I wouldn't have ;)

I didn't see the replies about the blood stuff. I had open heart surgery when I was 2 years old - definitely a life time member of the 'zipper club'. I've spoken to several people about my phobia, my only one true phobia, and apparently it's quite common with adults who've been through the sort of stuff I have as a child. It gets to a point where you brain goes "enough"! I haven't been able to have a blood sample take since I was 13. and that one was taken by force, while being restrained by 5 people and setting off the heart monitors so the crash team came in. Yes, well handled hospital staff.... So yeah, I'm in no way scared of needles, they don't phase me at all and I have all my vaccinations and even have the contraceptive injection *shrug* Mine is all blood vessel. Feel sick and wobbly now so I'm going to stop ;)

I'll always be in awe of people who give blood. I wouldn't be alive without it :)

Awww happy birthday to the kids :D And super well done on avoiding the cakes at the restaurant.....I wouldn't have ;)

Aww thank you. I am so determined to get back into target range for Christmas that my willpower is the best it has ever ever been!

Blimey, reading your story about your surgery and blood tests is really scary. That must have been so so frightening to be restrained like that. Just awful to think about how some medical staff treat people. Sorry I made you feel wobbly x

I have not felt hungry today due to a rotten cold. Normally I try and eat a lot more salad and vegetables, but just have not felt like it :(.

Monday's diary:

Breakfast: 2 Quorn Sausages (2 Syns), Poached Egg, tomato sauce (1.5 Syn). Banana.
Lunch: Half Fat Cheese and Quorn Ham Sandwich (HexB and 1/2 of HExA) with salad cream (1.5 Syns), Apple.
Dinner: Veggie Spag Bol using Soya Mince, Tinned Tomatoes, Onions served with pasta and grated half fat cheese (rest of HExA). Activia
FF Yoghurt with loads of blueberries.
Snacks: Pringles (6 Syns)
Drinks: Water, Pepsi Max, Black Coffee.

Aww thank you. I am so determined to get back into target range for Christmas that my willpower is the best it has ever ever been!

Blimey, reading your story about your surgery and blood tests is really scary. That must have been so so frightening to be restrained like that. Just awful to think about how some medical staff treat people. Sorry I made you feel wobbly x

You didn't make me wobbly. My silly brain did! Yeah, it's not surprising I wont go for blood tests is it?! lol.

I still feel rubbish from my horrible cold too. You have my sympathy *sniffles* xx

Well, I am all topped up with Sudofed...eyeballs stopped aching finally but the cold is really coming out now :cry:. Oh, well hopefully it will be gone for Christmas! My last day at work today and tomorrow is last WI before Christmas so I am really hoping to get back into my target range. I think that means 2lbs needs to be off this week so fingers crossed all the abstaining from treats has done the trick!

Wednesday's diary:

Breakfast: 1 Quorn Sausage (1 Syn), Baked Beans. Grapes.
Lunch: Half Fat Cheese Sandwich (HexB and HExA) with salad cream (1.5 Syns), 2 sticks of celery. Banana. Activia FF Yoghurt.
Dinner: The rest of the Veggie Spag Bol using Soya Mince, Tinned Tomatoes, Onions served with pasta.
Snacks: Sudofed lol!! Haven't felt like eating ;)
Drinks: Water, Ginger and Lemon tea.

Good luck for WI!!!! :D

Oh I get achy eyeballs!! When I'm ill or rundown one side of my face, usually the left, hurts SO much! Glad to know I'm not the only weirdo ;)

LOL! I love that your snacks are Sudofed! Mine should be "Inhaling kids Olbas oil" LOL!xx

Good luck for WI!!!! :D

Oh I get achy eyeballs!! When I'm ill or rundown one side of my face, usually the left, hurts SO much! Glad to know I'm not the only weirdo ;)

LOL! I love that your snacks are Sudofed! Mine should be "Inhaling kids Olbas oil" LOL!xx

Ooh I get that face thing too, down the left side. My Mum tells me it is my trigeminal nerve!! Perhaps everyone else are the weirdos...! I love Olbas Oil too! I am addicted to VIcks Nasal Inhalers too. I even use them when I haven't got a cold. I think that might be a tad weird lol!!

I hope you are feelling better today .

Ooh I get that face thing too, down the left side. My Mum tells me it is my trigeminal nerve!! Perhaps everyone else are the weirdos...! I love Olbas Oil too! I am addicted to VIcks Nasal Inhalers too. I even use them when I haven't got a cold. I think that might be a tad weird lol!!

I hope you are feelling better today .

That sounds familiar, the Trigeminal nerve. I also got 'face ache' when I get coldsores, esp when they're in my nose. I'm so special lol! The face thing is awful tho isn't it?!
Vicks is such a lovely smell! The kids Olbas oil is a touch sweeter than the grown-up's one and very nice! Oh and I used to LOVE Purple Calpol ;) They should make this for adults....

Good luck for WI :D

Wooooo hoooooo!! I lost 3.5lbs this week!!!!!!!!!! I am now back in target range and freeeeee of paying for class. I suspect the rotten cold all week accounted for most of the loss, but hey I'll take it :happy036::happy036:.

I still feel rough so have not felt like eating much today again. However, like the last few days I have literally forced myself to eat 3 meals:

Breakfast: 2 slices Hovis toasted with cheese (HEx A & B), Banana.
Lunch: Pasta with Marmite, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, celery. Actvia FF Yoghurt. Tangerine.
Dinner: Jacket potato with baked beans and broccoli on the side.
SNacks: None - I struggled to eat the above :(.
Drinks: Loads of water, peppermint tea, Pepsi Max.

No SYns today but to be honest, I am sure I will make up for it when I am better!!

Back