Emotional Eating

lexi30

Hi all,
I am having a crappy time.
I have lots on my mind. I started new job and I dont like it, then my other half is working later that he should be so coming home akll stressed, we have no money and he is about to have WLS surgery in 3 weeks.
All I want to do is eat chips!
I feel like it will make me feel better - But I doubt it will.
Any suggestions???

Oh hun :( you sound like you're having a rough time. The only advice I can give is don't give up on the healthy eating as it really won't make you feel better. Try to have some low point things to snack on like jelly or soup or hot chocolate which will be quite comforting. Then do something to try to take your mind off the food and your troubles, maybe pamper yourself with a bubble bath and book or watch a good, old cheesy film - whatever you enjoy doing :) sorry I can't be of much more help than that but there is always so much support here that I'm sure others can give you some good advice. Don't give up - you can do this!

Hiya hun well done for coming on here and talking to us ((hugs))
I think you maybe should have chips in your points if you can and get it out your system,also I know that with WLS as I booked my consultation for a gastric band just before I started ww and I was scared as hell as its a big thing to have,maybe thats why he is stressed to hey?
As for work is there nothing else you can apply for? I know its hard atm jobs are few and far inbetween but you sound really down that its no wonder you want to eat xx
I last year whilst renovationing my OH house no 4 found out he cheated on me it was a quick fumble but it was hell and I moved out with the 3 children,I must say it was one of the bleakest times in my life and sadly ive had many BUT I comfort ate and become so then unhappy with my weight,I became the largest I ever was and then had to tackle it. What Im trying to say is try and stick to plan,you can do it,maybe write how you feel in a little letter to you OH and eirther give him it or keep it,its good to write down how you feel instead of eating.....Ive 22 years of yoyoing and Im 41 soon and just learning it makes it worse in the long run xx

I so agree with size10, comfort eating doesnt change anything. The original problems will still be there, along with an unhealthy dose of self loathing due to the eating.

What has helped me cope with what life throws at me, is the age old saying -if you can change it change it, if you cant learn to live with it. It is difficult but to succeed and keep the weight off I believe it is something we have to do. I use a lot of stress management techniques, I have been lucky enough to have had training on this through work, but there is a lot of info on the net.

I hope things pick up for you soon

Thank you for the advice and comments x I feel a bit more positive this morning (apart from breaking the coffee machine at home - glass everywhere!!)
I am going to try and be good today. I didnt have chips, I made a low point curry so I think I went over by 1 point rather than about 7!!! I had a bubble bath which was ace!
So now its the weekend and I will be good. I really want this - for me and for him. Just need to concentrate x
Thanks Again xxxx

hi lexi super well done you :) know how hard that can be when everything is building up.
Just remember that you can do this and you can do this with ww, we're here for you and want to see you say yeyyyyyyyy goal :)
TBH we all have really hard days and think fuxk it choc n chips are more important!!!! it's just learning how to ignore the tempations ?
Be proud you did it and on your way to weigh in :) with head held high xx

Hey sweetie, I know just how you feel, I have been doing great until Monday when I was in a car crash (not my fault) and now I can barely move, my back is in so much pain. I havn't been out of the house since Monday when I was on my way to work as walking is so painfull. Yesterday all I wanted to do was eat or cry, I was in the fridge most of the day and that is not like me. Ive lost 15lb in 7 weeks on WW so don't want to spoil it. Got up this morning and I wanna eat myself silly again today! Hope you have a better day today and get your head around it all, Good luck x x

Hiya, sounds like your having a horrible time but my leader would say this from time to time.... the only thing that changes when you emotionally eat is your weight. It doesn't solve the problem that you are facing. I know it may be easy for other people to say that, but don't give up. having said that, a chippy for your dinner really isn't gunna put weight on you, as long as you point it and work it into your day! x

Hey sweetie, I know just how you feel, I have been doing great until Monday when I was in a car crash (not my fault) and now I can barely move, my back is in so much pain. I havn't been out of the house since Monday when I was on my way to work as walking is so painfull. Yesterday all I wanted to do was eat or cry, I was in the fridge most of the day and that is not like me. Ive lost 15lb in 7 weeks on WW so don't want to spoil it. Got up this morning and I wanna eat myself silly again today! Hope you have a better day today and get your head around it all, Good luck x x

Ahhh Hun how awful for you ((hugs))

your only 20lbs from target and can be done by September,please stick at it and just keep those 15lbs in sight, don't let the person who caused the car crash to stop you on you losing strike ;) xx

Hey, lovely.

It's so crappy when things get tough. I sometimes wonder why life has to throw ***** things at us all the time, but like someone else said, comfort eating will only making worse.

Take it from someone who gained 5 stone in 18 months! (I kid you not!)

I was (well am) suffering from depression pretty badly and used to eat to try and make it go away. It didn't. I just got fatter and as a consequence more depressed. Since I started dieting and seeing my weight come down, I feel more in control and it has a knock on effect with the low mood.

The reason I am telling you all this is because I want you to know a) you are not along b) you can do this c) eating doesn't stop things feeling rubbish and d) I like to waffle on!!!

It's great that you resisted temptation last night. You should really really congratulate yourself on that. It is an achievement and you did great - you are a strong person who can do great things.

Also, believe it or not, I found getting into exercise helped distract me, raise my mood and also stop me comfort eating (once I know how hard it is to burn off those calories, I am certainly more reluctant to consume them again!)

I hope you feel better soon. I hope this post wasn't too waffly or dull. I hope today is a good day.

Take care, lovely

:hug99:

Back