Emotional eating

Chicaloca

Silver Member
Gah, everything in my life is being really difficult right now and all I want to do is dive head first into the sandwich ladies bags of goodies and hit up that vending machine.

I wont, as I know it wont do any good but my word the urge is strong. odd isnt it, how my mind thinks eating something fatty and bad will help. IT WONT, pls mind listen to me!

:cry:

I am too a comfort eater and I think it is in the name 'comfort' that is why we do it. When poo is happening it is the feelings of pleasure you get but it be so worth it if you stuck with SW, then there will be longer benefits and hopefully you might be feel better LT :)

*hug* sorry to hear you're feeling this way. I think you just have to remember that although eating the food will make you feel better at the time, afterwards you will feel even worse because then you've got the guilt of cheating the plan, which then makes you want to eat even more and so on.. it's a vicious circle. You are strong enough to get through difficult times without comfort food. You know it won't help so focus on something else, go read a magazine? Or watch a DVD? Do something else to make yourself feel good? A bubble bath with candles and relaxing music, or even buying a new top or something? xxxx

I'm an emotional eater as well, but I try to think of it this way. I might have a whole load of cr*p going on thats out of my control, making me feel like hitting the chocolate or the take away, BUT the one thing that I can control is wether I do it or not.

Not giving in gives me a feeling of power, and in a strange way, makes all the other cr*p seem not quite so bad, and that if I can reign in my food cravings, I can pretty much handle anything.

HTH

I totally agree, eveything else might be unravelling but the only thign I feel I can control is my diet.

right now, I havnt wobelled, Ive just had a sweet coffee and am taking it one hour at a time :)

I totally agree, eveything else might be unravelling but the only thign I feel I can control is my diet.

right now, I havnt wobelled, Ive just had a sweet coffee and am taking it one hour at a time :)

well done :happy096:

Just think about how much better you'll feel at the end of tha day for not giving in vs giving in, feeling guilty plus all the other cr*p you have going on.

It's a no brainer really ;)

I can sooo relate to this - If i have an arguement with the OH I head straight to the fridge and start stuffing my face! Why? I wasnt even hungry its like a knee jerk reflex for me!

If you're at work I find I squish the urge to eat by doing some internet window shopping - before you know it a whole load of time has passed and it's almost home time, and you have a nice list of clothes that you want to buy, but won't because you know they won't fit you soon ;)
Oh god, don't tell my boss...

Be warned though, I may have bought a Mulberry bag this week because it won't stop fitting me.....ooops :)

If you're at work I find I squish the urge to eat by doing some internet window shopping - before you know it a whole load of time has passed and it's almost home time, and you have a nice list of clothes that you want to buy, but won't because you know they won't fit you soon ;)
Oh god, don't tell my boss...

Be warned though, I may have bought a Mulberry bag this week because it won't stop fitting me.....ooops :)

ha ha woman after my own heart.

Costs me a fortune to come to work ;) :confused:

oh my god, Ive just had a melt down and cried at work!

Im not doing stress very well, but still not face stuffing so all good :)

Although have smoked quite alot, but one thing at a time eh ;)

Thanks all, nice to know im not the only one.

oh my god, Ive just had a melt down and cried at work!

Im not doing stress very well, but still not face stuffing so all good :)

Although have smoked quite alot, but one thing at a time eh ;)

Thanks all, nice to know im not the only one.

oh no, I hope you're ok :hug99:

Like I said, even if everything else is out of your control, the one thing you can control is what you eat.

Thats got to be a little bit of positive, when things are looking a bit bleak.

Hope things start looking up for you soon.
x

Hugs to you hun x x x x

Thanks ladies xxx

Nice chill in the bath when you get home?
Hope you manage to stay strong for the rest of the day x

I have some academic work I need to do tonight, hence the stress. Ive been working normal day hours then 6-midnight on this essay. tonight ill be lucky to get to bed, anyhooos, focus focus focus.

Another tip is to have a food treat EVERY DAY. That's what I do. Incorporate it into the plan and then you have a very real goal for each day, to stay on plan, and to have that ice cream / fudge bar / curly wurly in the evening.
When the biscuits come out at work I have a choice and know that I could have one (or five) and then not be allowed my evening treat, or I could ignore the biscuits and look forward to the treat :)

Im on green today and so far syn free, I have one hexb to have too.

Treat time later, when essay done!

Think I might be ill if I have a hi-fi bar and a flake?? :D

Back