Hi,
I though I would try & start a diary on here to help motivate myself & hopefully others.
I am renewing my SW membership except this I am giving it a go from home. I have ordered a 12week diary so as soon as that arrives, It will be official. My main reason for putting on weight (4st7lbs) in such a quick amount of months is emotional eating/binge eating. I've always had a sweet tooth but that was all controllable when I was a SW member (last year), I left due to health & in that time it started off comfort/emotional eating it was the only way I managed to cope. As the months have got worse I now show more signs of binge eating (luckily my councellor will be helping) but I am feeling confident to start food optimising again. My binges have been going well over 6000cals on sugary, fatty & chocolatey foods (from now I will be working in syns). It would be great to hear how you have been getting on with emotional eating?
Once my diary arrives, I'm going to start the home weigh in. I'm feeling ready lol!

Hi there, I am in the same position as you. I comfort eat all the time, and I go between "it's just a habit" to "argh my life revolves around food and I hate it". I really like the slimming world programme and was doing well but I have been binging every day for the last week. I am determined to beat this though. Hopefully we will be able to encourage each other :) xx

Another emotional eater here. I eat when I am happy and sad xxxx

I've been binging every day for the last few weeks. I get about midday and then I cave and buy one bar and then when I collect my daughter I get more ****. I'm sick of feeling bloated all the time. Just wish I could change my mindset sometimes!

I've been an emotional eater all my life with sneaky, private binging whenever I can if i'm emotional.
I seem to control myself better daytimes if I am in a less emotional mood but night times a disaster. I now have a lock on the kitchen door which hubby hides the key to so I don't go in and binge at night when he's sleeping!
I hasten to add that this was my idea not his :)

Back