Emotional??

katalena

Enjoying life!
About 20 mins ago, for no reason I started to feel really emotional so decided to ring my Mum, told her I felt a bit flat so we chatted for 10 minutes.

When I got off the phone I felt really upset, not from anything that was said so I just sat for a minute then before I knew it I was tearful then felt like I really needed to sob - that isn't like me at all!

My partner gave me a cuddle and I tried to explain to him that I felt so emotional but didn't know why.

I had a good sob and now it seems to be over it.

There was no trigger, nothing happened, nothing was said...

Has this happened to anyone else?

Kat xx

not happened to me but just wanted to give you a big hug! (((((Katalena)))))

I have found that LL has played havoc with my emotions around the time of my period, and i have suffered with horendous cramps and headaches and tierdness at that time also. Could it be that?

Hi Kat

I remember posting something almost identical on here in my early weeks - I was dreadfully emotional, tearful for no apparent reason, and prone to quite random mood swings!

The good news is, it doesn't last - if I remember rightly it was probably no more than about 2 or 3 weeks for me, and by no means was I emotional all the time during that time period - so nothing too major to worry about :)

Take it easy on yourself - it is a major, pretty hardcore diet, and with the CBT element we learn a lot of new things about ourselves, so when you look at it logically, it's no surprise it can cause some intense emotions at times.

Good luck! x

No, I don't have TOTM :)

Kat xx

I have found that LL has played havoc with my emotions around the time of my period, and i have suffered with horendous cramps and headaches and tierdness at that time also. Could it be that?

hey kat,
as you know a big part of ll is the cbt , this allows us to deal with our issues in a different way than over eating but what it doesnt do sometimes is address the emotions that bubble to the surface for no apparant reason . dont know if its the same way with you but i now know i ate to push down all the bad stuff in my life almost like puting f**d on top of all the bad feelings and emotions and forcing them deep deep inside where we, A, dont have to deal with them .and B, they cant 'hurt' us. i realise now thats what i did every day of my life , part of no longer using f**d this way meant that these emotions would come from nowhere demanding to be heard . its a process hun and you will find youre way of dealing with all thats been avoided over the years. also i used to get quite weepie for no reason and when i thought about it , it was sadness pure and simple for what i had done to myself , that had brought me to that point , but it did pass and i did find effective ways of dealing with my 'stuff' dont know if any of this makes any sense to you but its my take on it , hope it might help :0)xxx and i hope you feel so much better now xx

Thank you Sue, that did make total sense to me! I am fine now thank you, can't believe tomorrow is day 10 - it is flying by!

I have been thinking about you and your family. Hope you are doing as well as you can.

Kat xx

Back