Em's mission to live up to the username!

New week and a new load of food shopping! I'm exhausted today. I've got to get a job application in tomorrow and I spent the day trying to get one final bit perfect. I was at work hours after everyone else and had a bit of a meltdown and ended up crying at my desk. I was feeling sick with nerves about it - I haven't felt like that since stressing over my dissertation at uni. I finally got something that I was happy with and have sent it to a recruitment friend to check for me. Fingers crossed. It'll be submitted tomorrow and all finished!

Food for the day:
B: 35g Bran Flakes with bananas and custard Mullerlight and grapes.
L: Jacket potato with cheese, beans and lettuce.
D: Tesco Crispy Chicken Fillet (5.5 syns) with 200g McCains Rustic Oven Chips (2 syns) and 1 tbsp (15g) full fat mayo (5 syns) followed by a big bag of fresh cherries.

Snack: A pear.

Weekly syns: 12.5/105

I bought some Aero White Choc mousses today which are 5.5 syns. They'll do me for when I need something sweet of an evening. Every now and again I need to feel like I'm being naughty!

Hi! I've had a few days MIA. I was at my mum's over the weekend. I had more syns than I would like, although we had an 8 mile walk on Saturday morning. My mum and my uncle were in pre-diet mode so it meant I picked at a lot more than I really needed. Sunday was the worst as it was my sister's birthday so we had a party. I made her a cake based on a Grasshopper cocktail (she's asked for one before) so it was a chocolate cake filled with a layer of peppermint buttercream and After Eights, covered in a layer of chocolate ganache made with double cream and golden syrup. My stomach is hurting at the thought! In spite of that, I managed to lose 0.5lb this week, which I will take and run with!

I say that, but today hasn't started so well... We had a big catered meeting today and I ended up picking at crisps, mini doughnuts, custard creams and chicken stuffing sandwiches. I'm going to syn it, face the music, and try to be super speedy this week:
7.5 syns = 3 custard creams,
9 syns = 3 x Tesco mini donuts
3 syns = 10 Walkers Sensations Poppadoms
4 syns = 1 slice wholemeal bread
1.5 syns = stuffing
5 syns = mayo
---------------------------------------
30 syns - so it could have been worse, but it definitely wasn't worth it! The leftover donuts and biscuits are all sat in my office but I'm just ignoring them...

Not the greatest start to the week but I can pull it back:

B: 35g Bran Flakes (HexB) with Raspberry and Cranberry Mullerlight and an apple
S: Rocky road Hi Fi Light (3 syns)L: 30 syns...
S: 2 clementines
D: Either pasta with passata, lots of veg and my HexA of cheese or leek and potato soup with my HexA of cheese

I'm kicking myself for the naughtiness because I've had so many lovely comments on my weight since! A colleague e-mailed me after the meeting to say "I meant to say before I dashed off how slim you look & your dress really suits you", and another two people have said it was lovely to see me with my legs out and how good I was looking. It's spurred me on. I'm 3lbs away from my 2 stone award and I would like to lost 4.5lbs in 4 weeks to get me to the weight I was when I met my OH before Valentine's Day.

I find out whether I've got an interview for the job tomorrow, hopefully. If I get an interview it will take place sometime from 28th Jan - 8th Feb. Originally I was supposed to find out yesterday and either have an interview tomorrow or Monday, so I'm glad of the extra prep time. I'm a stress eater so SW will be the only thing keeping me in check for the next few weeks. I just want it all over with!

Thanks, Jo!

I've been good but not perfect this weekend. I have used my syns on silly things I wouldn't normally eat, like those blasted custard creams that are still sat in my office! I've also had bites of the OH's pizza and Big Tasty burger (850cal, so 42.5 syns all on its own - one bite must be at least 2.5syns!) which were pointless. I suppose they make me feel less deprived and like I'm not missing out. I enjoy the taste but not the full, sick feeling after eating the whole thing!

Still, a midweek weigh in put me very close to my 2 stone award, so I feel driven to get there this week! Last week was star week and I only lost 0.5lb, so I'm hoping this will be a good week.

B: 35g Bran Flakes (HexB) with vanilla and chocolate Mullerlight and 3 plums.
L: Homemade leek and potato soup, apple, clementine. Possibly a HiFi Light (3 syns).
D: Spaghetti bolognese (extra lean mince, red pepper, red onion, passata, chopped tomatoes, garlic, herbs) with 30g cheddar (HexA).

I'm going for it with the superfree. I haven't got my book to hand to check which ones are speed foods but I think I'm doing okay!

Hello diary! My last post feels like a lifetime ago! I lost 2.5lbs this week, so I managed to pull it back from my 30 syn blowout last Thursday! I didn't think I had as I felt like I snacked like crazy. I'm going to be more on top of my syns this week.

B: Peanut Heaven HiFi (HexB), grapes, Nescafe Skinny Mocha sachet (4 syns)
L: Leek and potato soup with 1 Babybel (1/2 HexA)
D: Leftover bolognese with salad.

Snacks: 2 x clementines, grapes, apple, maybe Options hot choc (2 syns) with 1/2 HexA of milk.

Syns: 6/105

I'm going to try to save lots of syns as I'm out on Saturday for dinner and out on Sunday for postponed afternoon tea - not very SW friendly! I want 2lbs off this week so I'm going for it!

Last edited:
Just popping in quickly to list today's offerings:

B: 35g Bran Flakes (HexB), Mullerlight Bananas & Custard, clementine, plum
L: Batchelors BBQ Beef Deli Box Noodles (1.5 syns), clementine, plum, HiFi Light (3 syns)
D: Creamy mustard pork [Lean diced pork, quark, mustard (1.5 syns), onion, mushrooms, cornflour (1 syn), thyme] with mash [made with 75g Philly Light (HexA)]

Snacks: Apple, clementine.

Daily syns: 7/15
Weekly syns: 13/105

Last edited:
So, it's been absolutely ages since I've posted in my diary, and I've been having an ill-advised SW break... It's nearly my SW anniversary and, while I'm really pleased to have kept a good chunk of my weight off, I'm a little annoyed at myself for letting it slip. I was 10st 4 at my lowest SW weight back in April and I want to get back there!

Last year between joining on 19th Sep and Christmas I lost 1st 8lbs, so I'm desperate to come close to that again this year! I've got a holiday booked at the start of October (all inclusive, which I intend to enjoy!) and then I'll be going back to group. At my old group there was an absolutely inspirational woman who was SW through and through. I got more support from her than I did my C, so I was delighted to hear she's setting up her own group! It starts up when I'm on holiday but I will be straight in there when I get back. It will mean a Tuesday WI so I'm easing myself back in today (and having a clearout of naughtiness) ready to weigh tomorrow and restart my SW journey properly.

I've been doing Slim Fast for the past few weeks, which has worked but my body does not like having two liquid meals a day. My OH is also keen to get back on SW dinners (even though he's not even overweight) because he felt so much better and lost a few lbs on them too! It was good to get some discipline in but I wasn't eating as much fruit and veg as I would on SW.

So... Food for today!

Red day:
B: 35g Bran Flakes (HexB1) with Rhubarb Mullerlight, coffee with splash of SS milk (1 syn)
L: 2 clementines, bolognese sauce (extra lean mince, passata, chopped tomatoes, onion, rosemary, garlic, olives, red wine) (2 syns) and 40g low fat cheddar (HexA)
D: NYSC BBQ Pulled Pork & Bean Soup (8.5 syns?? Waiting for someone to look it up!) with a WW Petit Pain (HexB2)

Obviously I'd rather be making my own soup, but it's in the fridge and it needs to go so I might as well syn it. I've just seen elsewhere that Tesco Simple Heat BBQ Pulled Pork is FREE so I will definitely be looking out for that! Today is going to be a good day.

It does feel like going back to normal! It just feels so much healthier than anything else I've tried. I'm looking forward to the choice and being part of a group again. I'm desperate to get a stone off by Christmas!

I'm looking forward to having an old fellow group member as my new C. She's lost over 8 stone on SW and she looks incredible. I've only known her for her final stone and I just couldn't imagine her pre-loss! My old C didn't really seem to be following SW... Even when we went for group meals out she would have a bottle of wine but say "It's fine because I'm not eating!" Not very healthy!

Weighing in tonight before dinner as my group will be 7.30pm on Tuesdays. Not very optimistic after the naughty few weeks I've just had...

Food for today:
B: Apple, Cherry Bakewell Alpen Light (1/2 HexB), coffee with splash of SS milk (1 syn)
L: Bolognese sauce (extra lean mince, passata, chopped tomatoes, onion, rosemary, garlic, olives, red wine) (2 syns), 40g low fat cheddar (HexA), 2 clementines
D: Tesco Simply Cook Lamb Shank in Mint Gravy with roasted broccoli and cauliflower, Chocolate Fudge Alpen Light (1/2 HexB)

Tomorrow will be the first day of my SW week so I'll start counting weekly syns then.

It's going to be a tricky week as we have dinner at my dad's on Thursday, birthday drinks on Friday, a day out with my OH's goddaughter on Saturday followed by more birthday drinks, wedding fayre on Sunday followed by dinner with my aunt and uncle and then a day out in Canterbury with friends on Monday. Phew! This is going to require some planning and careful syn management...

On the plus side, I've realised that my holiday will only affect 1 week of plan. We're going away on a Weds and landing back in the UK the following Thurs, so it's only one week of naughtiness! 13 weeks until Christmas so hopefully I can edge off 11lbs - whatever the scales say tonight...

So the scales say 11st 3.25 (they're WW scales) so I'll round that up to 11st 3.5 as my starting point for SW. I'm actually pretty okay with that given that it's an evening WI and I have eaten rubbish for the past week. I am a big ball of bloatedness at the moment too so I'm hoping that's pushing me up a little..!

That means 11lbs off for Christmas sets my mini-target weight at 10st 6.5lbs. It would be great to break that 10 and a half stone barrier for Christmas!

I'm feeling absolutely stuffed today. I didn't really need dinner but I knew if I didn't eat it I'd be hungry later. I ate lunch at 14.30 and was ravenous! 5 hours between that and dinner should have made me hungry but I think maybe I killed my metabolism doing Slim Fast. Better get back into some Body Magic!

Hi :) here to subscribe :) please subscribe to my diary too. Looking forward to sharing some mutual motivation and recipes :)

Nic

xx

It's been a manic day today. I've been on a Recruitment and Selection course all day, basically being trained to interview. We've spent the afternoon having to role play as interviewers and interviewees which is surprisingly draining! It was really useful though for future jobs and potentially taking on more responsibility at work. It could have done with being longer though because I don't think we managed to cram everything in!

I made the fatal mistake of popping back to my office on our lunchbreak and immediately got sucked into an urgent request. I was shaking with hunger already so I was a wreck when I finally managed to grab something to eat! All on plan though.

Today's food - keeping it simple:
B: 2 Alpen Light bars (HexB), 2 clementines, coffee with splash of semi-skimmed milk (1 syn)
L: Mediterranean pasta Mug Shot, apple
D: Jacket potato with 40g reduced fat cheddar (HexA), Heinz 5 Beanz pot, mixed leaf salad
Snacks: 8 midget gems (3 syns) - the course instructor put them on the table - I couldn't resist!

Weekly syns: 4/105

I still feel blown up like a balloon but hopefully eating more regularly will help. I'm back on my proper 2 litres of low cal squash a day so fingers crossed!

I found out today that one of my favourite girls at work is moving jobs in a month. Gutted :(. To top it off, I'm on holiday when she has her leaving party so I'll miss the proper goodbye. The silver lining is that her new job and my new job are both due to move up near Huntingdon in the next year so hopefully we'll end up working together again.

SW is feeling pretty effortless so far, but I know the busy weekend is yet to come!

Om nom nom! I haven't had a jacket potato in ages and this was just perfect.

ForumRunner_20130918_200131.png

I'm so hungry today! About to go and make myself a Mugshot for lunch. I'm at my dad's for dinner tonight and have no idea what he'll be cooking so I'm saving my syns and going with Extra Easy. He has invited us over to celebrate our engagement and stay over, so no doubt there'll be wine involved!

Food for today:
B: 35g porridge oats (HexB) left in Mullerlight overnight with blackforest berry mix (blackberries, redcurrants, cherries, grapes), coffee with a splash of semi skimmed milk (1 syn)
L: M&S kiwi, mango, pineapple and pomegranate seed fruit salad, Beef Noodle Mugshot
D: TBD....

Dinner was slow cooked lamb shanks in a red wine sauce with carrots, onions, peas, mash, a glass of red wine, a shot of Baileys and apple crumble with a tablespoon of ice cream.

Lamb shanks (skin removed - free) with red wine (2 syns), beef stock, carrots, onions
Mash with semi-skimmed milk (1 syn) and butter (I'm guessing there were 2 tbsps in it so 3 syns)
Apple crumble - cooked apple (3 syns?), butter, flour and demerara sugar (16.5 syns?), 1 scoop ice cream (2.5 syns)
Large glass red wine (6 syns), 35ml Baileys (5.5 syns)

So, end of yesterday I was on 40.5 syns for the day - eep! I should be able to pull that back though.
Syns for the week: 44.5/105 - and there's still 5 days of the week to go! I'm going to try to keep to 5 syns a day average for the rest of the week. Regretting the apple crumble a bit but it was the first one my dad had ever made and he was so proud of it so I couldn't turn it down! Bless him.

Back