Em's mission to live up to the username!

After last night's synfest I need to be saintly today!

B: 2x Alpen Light (HexB), small coffee with splash of semi-skimmed milk (0.5syns), apple
L: 2 clementines, Mullerlight
D: Chicken salad with 45g mozzarella (HexA)

Weekly syns: 45/105

I've also realised I didn't have my HexA yesterday *smacks wrist* (my dad's favourite dinner dish is a pasta bake so I was saving myself for cheese!) so technically I could knock off 2 milk syns, but I'd rather overestimate than under. Thankfully tonight's drinks have been cancelled so that's some vodka syns easily avoided!

Thanks, gossamer! He was so proud of himself. He'd made blueberry and buttermilk muffins too (and made his own buttermilk) but I sent my OH away with those instead! He's making raspberry and cream muffins today and they're my absolute favourite so my willpower might not have been so strong!

Woe! Popped into posh Waitrose on the way to stay at my mum's so I could get an easy pre-cooked chicken for dinner but they were all out! Instead I've had chicken breasts stuffed with yellow pepper, cherry tomatoes, garlic and as much of my HexA of mozzarella as would fit! Then I sprinkled it with herbs and wrapped it up in foil to go in the oven. Just munched it with the rest of my HexA in a rocket salad with cherry tomatoes. Yummy!

ForumRunner_20130920_195740.png

Sorry for the sideways pic - the app always seems to rotate them!

Thank you! I had a bit of a dodgy weekend being all over the place, but I was good where I could be.

Saturday - B: Mullerlight, apple, 2 clementines, coffee with dash of skimmed milk (0.5 syn)
L: Alpen Light (3 syns), apple, mango and pineapple fruit salad
D: 2 Homemade Babybel burgers (extra lean beef mince, paprika, onion granules, garlic granules, mustard powder, oxo cube. black pepper made into a patty with a Babybel [HexA] in the middle!) with lettuce, carrot, red cabbage and yellow pepper salad and one 60g wholemeal roll (HexB).
D2: My aunt and uncle had made us dinner too, but didn't forewarn us! So, risotto rice, chicken, chorizo, white wine, stock, olive oil and a rocket salad (5 syns?)
Syns: 8.5 = 53.5/105

Sunday: B: 2 x Alpen Light (HexB), apple, coffee with dash skimmed milk (part of HexA)
L: Roast pork with runner beans, green beans, carrots, gravy (3 syns), 1 med & 1 small roastie (4 syns), stuffing ball (2 syns), roast parsnips (2 syns), sponge cake (15 syns?) with 1 dessert spoon golden syrup (2.5 syns) [28.5 for meal]
D: Duck with 3 rice pancakes (3 syns) with spring onion and 3 tsps hoisin sauce (2.5 syns) - definitely a lot fewer syns than anticipated..!
S: 1 butterscotch biscuit (4 syns), 1 Hotel Chocolat chocolate (3 syns), tea and coffee with dash milk (HexA)
Syns: 41 syns (EEP!) = 94.5/105

Monday: B: 2 x Alpen Light (HexB), apple, coffee with dash semi-skimmed (1 syn)
L/D: Chicken breast with bacon, cheese (HexA? - I jknow it's cheeky...), pulled pork, lettuce, tomato, red onion, brioche bun (10.5) and chips (17.5) (For the record, I order pork with carrot and swede mash but they had sold out, and the only non-fish option was a burger! I did try to be good, honest, but then I gave up...)
S: 3 Hotel Chocolat chocolates (7.5 syns)
Syns: 36.5 syns = 131/105... oops...

So I'm significantly over my maximum syns for the week, but at least I have synned everything and worked it out. I always knew the weekend would be tricky but I decided to enjoy it without going overboard. My compromise has been that I've eaten my syns rather than drinking them - lots of parties this week and I've stuck religiously to Diet Coke or water - otherwise this would be a whoooole lot worse... I've had my coffee for the morning and I intend for that to be my only syns of the day. WI tonight so we'll see what the damage is...Monday:

2lb off! Really pleased with that but I'll have to be good to keep it that way after a naughty few days.

Today was a green day:
B: 2 Alpen Lights (HexB1), apple, coffee with dash of semi-skimmed (1 syn)
L: Mugshot with an apple
D: Pasta with 60g Low Low (HexA), broccoli and cauliflower, 2 Alpen Lights (HexB2)

8.5 syns for the day - last day of an already over-syn but I just decided not to deprive myself. Tomorrow is a new week!

Spent the evening tidying with the OH as we're having our flat valued on Friday. Hopefully then we'll get it on the market and be able to start our move!

2lb off! Really pleased with that but I'll have to be good to keep it that way after a naughty few days.

Today was a green day:
B: 2 Alpen Lights (HexB1), apple, coffee with dash of semi-skimmed (1 syn)
L: Mugshot with an apple
D: Pasta with 60g Low Low (HexA), broccoli and cauliflower, 2 Alpen Lights (HexB2)

8.5 syns for the day - last day of an already over-syn but I just decided not to deprive myself. Tomorrow is a new week!

Spent the evening tidying with the OH as we're having our flat valued on Friday. Hopefully then we'll get it on the market and be able to start our move!

Well done u :) and sounds like another good day.

Fingers crossed for the flat too Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks, Jo! We haven't had the chocolates yet and I'm in two minds about having the syns. We're just settling down to catch up with Bake Off.

Full of a cold and feeling rubbish. I'm going to up my superfree tomorrow. I'm trying the Tesco Pork Shoulder in BBQ sauce tomorrow. I think I saw on here that it's free, so I'll double check and pass on my verdict! I might make my own coleslaw too. I want wholesome food when I'm feeling like this!

I am feeling so rotten today. I'm a lot more bunged up with my cold as it is, but I also started taking my malaria tablets for holiday. You only need to take 2 tablets once a week, so I guess they're pretty strong, and they immediately made me want to vomit. Thankfully my work has flexible start times so I took some time out at home until the nausea passed. My body temperature is up and down and all over the place (mostly up) but I can't work out if that's flu or these tablets. Bleurgh. Ho hum. I've got to be in work anyway to type up my evidence for my mid-year review next week. All I really want to do is curl up on the sofa with my duvet and watch something soppy!

Anyway, onwards and downwards:
B: 35g porridge oats (HexB) made up with water with looottts of blackforest fruits from a frozen mix (blackberries, blackcurrants, grapes, cherries), coffee with a dash of semi-skimmed (1 syn)
L: Jacket potato with Heinz 5 Beanz and 40g low fat cheddar with SW coleslaw (red cabbage, white cabbage, red onion, carrot, spring onion, extra light mayo, white wine vinegar, sweetener) (1 syn)
D: Tesco BBQ Pork Shoulder with SW Coleslaw (1 syn)

Syns = 3/15 Weekly syns = 3/105

The coleslaw recipe I'm trying is this one: Awesome fresh coleslaw | Hopefulslimmer's Blog so we'll see how it goes!

This time next week I'll be on a plane to the Dominican Republic - I cannot wait!

I couldn't find any red cabbage for the coleslaw so I just doubled the white cabbage. It's pretty tasty! I might have put too much onion in it though - I feel for anyone sitting next to me!

ForumRunner_20130925_142820.png

I didn't have the Beanz with lunch yesterday but I did have an Alpen Light bar and a square of Galaxy, so that took yesterday's syns up to 7.

Today's food:

B: Apple, 2 x Alpen Light bars (HexB)
L: Quorn ginger, chilli and lime sticky fillet with roast broccoli and cauliflower
D: Spanish omelette (potato, onion, egg)
I'm not sure whether I'm going to use my HexA for cheese in the omelette or milk and 2 syns in a hot chocolate so I'll update syns later!

Full of a cold but trying to be good. I'll update more later!

I just can't seem to get Spanish omelette right. It's edible but not good enough! It all falls apart and goes all dark and rubbery on the outside and sticks to the nonstick pan. All the same, we had Spanish omelette and salad with a bit of Sainsbury's BGTY French Dressing.

I need to work out what to do with my HexA now... Probably a hot choc, maybe lots of tea!

A proper look at today's food:

B: Apple, 2 x Alpen Light bars (HexB)
L: Quorn ginger, chilli and lime sticky fillet with roast broccoli and cauliflower
D: Spanish omelette (potato, onion, egg) with rocket salad and Sainsbury's BGTY French Dressing.
S: Options Hot Choc (2 syns) with 250ml semi-skimmed (HexA), my OH's last Rolo! (1 syn, although I reckon it should be syn free because it was so stupidly romantic :))

3 syns for the day which takes me to 10/105 for the week so far.

I'm feeling really proud of myself today for properly sticking to plan when what I really wanted was to comfort my poorly self with white, buttered toast and crisps. I even got as far as getting a packet of crisps out, looking at the syns and putting it back! I'm not expecting a great loss this week as experience tells me a cold slows things down, but I'm hoping it'll see me right while I'm on holiday!

In more exciting news, OH and I booked our date and venue today! He's spent the evening looking up how to make our own beer mat Save the Dates. I'll let you know how it all goes!

The proper countdown to holiday begins. We fly off to the Dominican Republic on Wednesday! I had the torturous holiday prep waxing session today so that's got to eek a little more weight off, right?! :giggle: That makes me sound really hairy!

Bed time now and hopefully this cold will have nearly disappeared by morning. Fingers crossed!

Well, no joy on the disappearing cold! I managed to sleep right through despite a highly irritating tickly cough though so that's a bonus!

I've sort of lost my appetite today. I'm not sure what lunch will be as I've only just had breakfast. On the plus side, I did a clothes-off morning weigh this morning and I was fiiiinally in the 10s! Obviously my standard, clothes-on evening weigh won't be the same, but I used to weigh in the morning before hopping in the shower and I just wasn't breaking that 11st barrier. It's really spurred me on for a good loss this week.

My holiday next week is all inclusive so I'm prepared for a gain when I get back. I'm hoping that I will just drink my syns though and can make sensible choices to limit the food syns. As a child/teenager, when we went abroad I'd basically live on crisps and bread, and everything came with chips! Thankfully my palette is a lot more adventurous these days. There are 8 restaurants to choose from at our resort so I should be able to find plenty of good choices.

Today's food:
B: 2 x Alpen Light (HexB), apple, coffee with splash semi-skimmed (1 syn)
L: Mixed berries from a frozen mix (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, cherries, redcurrants and blackcurrants) and a Mullerlight with a packet of Wotsits (5 syns)
D: Pasta with broccoli, cauliflower and garlic and herb chicken, with 60g Low Low spread (HexB)

Syns: 6 = 16/105

I'm thinking about going for a pre-holiday sunbed today. My beautician yesterday told me it would help before I go abroad (it's 32 degrees over there at the moment!) My cousin's recommended Sun Angel to me as I'm very fair skinned. I've never been for a sunbed before so I don't really know what I'm doing! I might give them a call...

Last edited:
I've had my first sunbed! After a very bad start in which I didn't realise I had to pull the lid shut on me :)giggle: what a numpty!) it all went okay! I'm booked in for another one on Monday and then hopefully I'll be all set for holiday. Sun Angel seems really good. Before you start you take a sensor reading of your forehead skin tone and inner wrist skin tone. It then calculates the UV output so you don't burn. It's a 20min session and it's comparatively expensive at £25 a go but it's worth it if it stops me burning to a crisp on holiday!

We finally had the flat valued today. The guy reckons it's probably about the same value as when we bought it so at least we haven't lost anything. Work is covering a lot of our moving costs so at least we won't then lose money from the initial deposit to solicitors etc. I'm hoping we might be in a position to move after Christmas... Here's hoping!

Back