Emssiiee's Diary :)

Emssiiee

Right, so I am desperate to lose weight and I'm going to use this to keep track of my food/exercise and see where I'm going right/wrong over the next few weeks! Will appreciate and advice anyone has to offer :)
I'm hoping to drop from a size 14 to a comfortable size 10, not sure what that is in actual weight, but my goal for the moment is to lose a stone. Once I've done that I'll see where I am :)
To get there I am cutting out as much carbs, dairy and sugar as I can! Limiting myself to 1 cup of proper tea a day, all others must be herbal/fruit teas, minimalise my carb intake and cutting out all the obvious offenders, chocolate mostly! But I get a cheat meal once a week otherwise I may go insane!!

Soo, my start weight is 160lb. I weigh in on Wednesday's (We have a little Wednesday Weight Loss competition at work!!).

Food for Day 1:
Breakfast= Weetabix with milk, not the best of starts, a bowl full of carbs and dairy, oops!
Lunch= Chicken salad (chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, carrot)
Dinner= Acapulco Chicken with green beans and baby sweetcorn. Was SUCH a nice dinner!
Drinks= 1 cup tea, 2 peppermint tea, 2 Litres water.

Exercise:
Swam 45 lengths
10 min intense workout video
Took dog for short 20min walk

Not the perfect first day but I def think its a good start! Need to figure how to get more water in there, aiming to drink 3L a day.
xx

Thanks Emmaline, hopefully it'll go ok!

Day 2 I've eaten:
Breakfast/Lunch: Chicken omellete
Tea: Chicken and bacon and boiled egg with green beans, broccoli and peas.
Snacks: 1 egg custard tart. Oops, that wasnt good!
Drinks: 2.5L water, 1 cup tea.

Not done any proper exercise, but I have spent the day rearranging my room which worked up a right sweat, pushing wardrobes and beds around by myself!!
x

Ok, Day 3!
I woke up this morning with an awful awful cold. Luckily I wasn't in work today though!
Been wanting chocolate to make me feel better all day, been resisting the temptation though! :)

Food:
Breakfast/Lunch: Scrambled Eggs
Tea: Turkey Stir Fry (Without noodles)
Snacks: Dried Almond Flakes.
Drinks: 3L water, 1 Fruit Tea, 2 Lemsip (I know these probably have loadss of sugar in but I need to not feel dead!!)

Exercise:
1 Hour long walk with the dog
2 Mile Run

Think its been quite a good day :) Hopefully I won't feel so ill tomorrow!
xx

Thanks for the encouragement you guys!
Sorry I'm so rubbish at keeping this updated! I've had a really bad cold/mild flu for the past few days which now seems to be turning into a bit of a chest infection :( Boo!
Soo, I've been trying to keep up to the diet despite being ill, although I'm sure the amount of lemsips/covonia/ibuprofen/soothers I've been having have wayy too much sugar in to really say I've been sticking to it! But on the plus side I've been struggling to eat as my throats so sore, so I'm sure that will help me lose some weight! lol! But I havn't been doing any exercise either, decided its probably best to stay inside and warm!

I weighed myself today, expecting to have not really lost anymore due to the above, so was very surprised to see I've lost another 2lb :) Yayy!
So thats make me 5lb down, in 1 week! I'm very impressed with that!
xx

Weighed in today and I'm another 2lbs down :) Yayy! 149lb now! :D
Surprised me as I had nothing in for lunch yesterday so ended up buying pasta at work, which is naughty enough but I also bought a little chocolate bar. I know its so bad, I'm not proud of myself for that! I did only get a little one though, them really thin cadburys ones with spaceships on meant for kids, so it wasnt too bad!!

Still being reasonably good though :) Starting to get used to the reduction in the amount of tea I drink! Used to have 5 cups a day just at work! Now I have peppermint/fruit teas instead, except for one real tea on a morning to wake me up!! Always feels a luxury now :)

Weekends going to be hard this time though. I volunteer with a kids charity, the Sea Cadets. Well, this weekend we're having a big sleepover at our unit. Without fail this consists of pizza for tea Friday night, full english fry up both Saturday and Sunday mornings, jacket potatoes for lunch on the saturday and lots of cakes and cream after dinner on saturday night. And I can't have any of it, waaa!! Going to have to take my own little supply of salad and things I'm allowed. As long as I'm good all day friday and saturday I'm gonna treat myself to a little piece of the amaazing chocolate cake though! Its usually the highlight of the weekend!!
(Can you see how I ended up getting podgy, I like chocolate wayyy too much, definitely my biggest downfall!)

Anyway, I've blabbered on a bit today so I'm going to go now before I bore you to death Emmaline. Im pretty sure you're the only person that looks at my page/forum thing so you're the only person I'm boring! (What do you actually call this?!) I am very grateful you do though! :)
xx

Another 2lb!.. :wow: Good going there!

I know the feeling about nobody reading your diary.. I have the same problem sometimes. There are a couple of people who do contribute fairly often so have to be thankful for small mercies..as they say! :D
Main thing is not to let it get you down. If you read thro'a lot of diaries they mostly have a discourse on "one liners".

Good for you doing that volunteering.. well done for that.
I can just imagine the feast of fry-ups and cakes..YumYum!!

Have a great time and don't worry .. get back to it a.s.a.p. ..
And P.S. I don't find you boring at all!!

Thankyou Emmaline, You're so sweet always there reading my stuff!! And thanks for saying I'm not boring, haha!
I don't really even do it for everyone to read so I don't mind, it just helps keep me on track being able to look at when I've been bad and writing it down! Knowing that someone actually reads it just makes me more likely to be good as I know I have to admit to someone hwne I'm not!!
Ooh, I'll have to come over to yours and have a look and comment, I just struggle to find the time to come on here to post my stuff nevermind looking at loads of other peoples!
You've lost so much weight I could probably get some good tips from your diaries actually! I'll be there!!
xx

Thanks Emssiiee. ..Just to add that my weight loss started in 2010 when I lost 30lb from April to the Xmas. Then had a stall for nearly two years!! I did put on a few pounds but it's just this year that my weight has begun to drop again since going low carb and stopping some of my very strong pain killers.
I find it helpful to have my day to day doings in view which does help to keep my mind more focused.
B.t.w. there are always people viewing your posts even if they don't subscribe... 236 to date.. :D

B.t.w. there are always people viewing your posts even if they don't subscribe... 236 to date.. :D

Ooh, how do you find this out?

I've been naughty today :( Boo! Not completely on purpose though.
Went shopping after work for a ball gown with my sister, the only place to eat we could think of where we could still follow the diet was Nandos, but the queue was ridiculous. So we walked round for agges and found this little Mexican shop that did a Salad box, with choices of meat, salsa, guacamole, various beans. Sounded perfect! So my sister got hers (shes doing a similar diet), looked good, then I asked for mine and they had run out of lettuce! :( So I had to have a Burrito instead! Was very yummy, but its seems silly that I ended up cheating when I had no intention to and was quite happy to have a salad!
xx

Hii!
Had an awful weekend in terms of the diet this weekend! I decided to let myself have a cheat meal saturday night, had the weirdest but most amazing meal for someone in need of carbs... Yorkshire pudding, filled with pasta in a tomato sauce and garlic bread!!! Followed by chocolate cake with cream and a beer :) Was amazingly tasty but made me realise how un-filling carbs actually are! I was still starving after dinner, glad I had the cake to make me feel like I'd actually eaten!
I intended on being good again on Sunday, but I woke up went to breakfast (Was on a sleepover with a kids charity) and just completely forgot I wasn't allowed most of it until I had already started eating it, by which point it was a bit late really! So I had a full English Breakfast; Bacon, egg, mushrooms, beans, tomatos, hash browns and fried bread. Oops! Then I lunchtime I decided I'd already ruined it for the day so had a pork sandwich!
Avoiding weighing in until the usual on Wednesday and intending to eat perfectly until then to make up for it!! So today I've had:
Breakfast: None
Snack: Plum
Lunch: Salad
Dinner: Prawn Stir Fry (Without noodles!)

Not sure how the rest of the week will go, as I am unable to get to the supermarket for food as my poor little brum failed its MOT and is having to have loads of welding, but I'm gonna try my best!
xx

At least you have posted your great w/e for the memories as I am sure you enjoyed every moment of it!
Not very good starving yourself today.. that's bound to make you fall off the wagon... do try to keep a healthy eating pattern no matter what blips etc. occur. No good letting your health deteriorate.
Shame about your motor..it's so costly to have welding done isn't it?

Take care and don't give up.. You can do this!

Last edited:

Shame about your motor..it's so costly to have welding done isn't it?

VERY expensive!! My dads best friends with the guy who owns the garage so I get it a bit cheaper but its still cost me £643 for an mot, service and all the work it needed :eek:
Definitely skint now!

Went out for dinner tonight, another bad day! But I tried to have something which wasn't too bad, Chicken Enchiladas. Needed the tastiness after the stress of picking my car up and paying so much!! Its so bizarre driving a car around with no carpet and only the drivers seat in it!!! Rest of the days been ok though, Had weetabix for breakfast and salad for lunch.

I seem to have developed eczema/dermatitis on my hands in the past 3 days, which I've never had before. Any ideas if this could be down the diet change? I thought it was a bit late to be down to the diet now I've been doing it two weeks, but I can't think of anything else which might have caused it. :confused:
xx

Back