end of the week munchies

CocoaFiend

Does anyone else get this? Towards the end of the SW week, like a day or 2 before WI i get the munchies and just start to loose it slightly (I just have 1 or 2 more syns than allowed). Then I go to class and get motivated to get back on track again. It's not really done any harm to my weight loss (meaning i'm still loosing).
Does anyone else do this or is it just me? lol

My munchies moments are the time straight after WI! I think 'its treat time' and do occasionally indulge in a few extra syns!! :)

Yeah mine is when i get home from class too - cuppa coffee sucked through 2 twix fingers last night!
However for some reason i appear to have consumed a blue ribband biscuit in the last hour.........

I like sucking coffee through a mint kitkat... yummy hehe

I always take Friday nights off. I know it wouldn't work for everyone but I used to do it when I did SW years ago (& lost 6 stone) & still do it now. For the whole evening I don't count a single syn & I know I pack them away - wine, chocolate, whatever I fancy. I don't go crazy but I do enjoy my treat night. I feel like it kick starts my metabolism over again, plus it keeps me on the straight & narrow for the next week as I know I only have x number of days til my next treat evening.

I'm not recommending this by the way. I know it wouldn't work for everyone. I'm lucky in that it seems to work for me. Long may it continue!

My WI is on a Monday evening, and I find the weekends tough sometimes, as I think I naturally slip into 'it's the weekend' mode, and loose focus a little.

However, on balance, having my class on a Monday is probably a good thing, because it does encourage me to try to keep focused over the weekend, difficult though it is. I try to have things that feel a little more naughty, but are still on plan, over the weekend, to try to deal with this.

I tend to have SW chips once or twice in the weekend, and try to make something like Chow Mein or Sweet and Sour to make me feel like I'm having a treat. I'm also quite partial at the moment to Tesco finest meringue nest (2.5 syns) with strawberries and either mullerlight or squirty cream, which is very indulgent and pavlova-like!

Mmmmmmmmmm sounds lovely!

I was doing really well this week but may have accidentally eaten a small tube of mini-eggs Weds night and then a full Boost last night!!

Mind you that said, it has been 3 weeks with no chocolate for me so I shouldn't be too hard on myself and I was starving before my evening class last night so that was my excuse for the -extremely yummy!- Boost!

I weigh on a Monday too - shame I find the weekends the hardest!

My C said that Sunday is the worst day to have a binge. Is that true?

I weigh on a Monday too - shame I find the weekends the hardest!

My C said that Sunday is the worst day to have a binge. Is that true?

Surely binge eating on ANY day is the worst day, as binge eating is a bad habit to have/get into?

I think the key to curbing the munchies is reminding yourself that its not the last time you will ever have that food - so you dont need to eat ALL of it, you could have some another day (its not going to vaporise or vanish!) and that is a helpful nugget of advice....i love biscuits and could easily eat a whole pack of those new crunchie biscuits in one sitting, but i just have one or two at a time, each day - so you can count the syns.

Or dont buy anything naughty in the first place!!! then you cant eat it!! x

I definitely have that feeling just before WI that i want to have a treat, but i dont until after weigh in! too scared! i have consciously tried not to get into my old bad habit of treating myself every time i lose weight, i did a food replacement diet years ago and i feel i developed a slightly unhealthy attitude towards food (i did feel like it was going to vaporise or vanish!!) so i have tried to change old habits on my sw journey. but i do definitely have syns, often more than my daily allowance on weigh in day,but i will count them all. So if i want a take away, i have it, or if i want proper chocolate (much as i love curly wurlys, nothing beats a crunchie or ripple ha)i have it xxx

Surely binge eating on ANY day is the worst day, as binge eating is a bad habit to have/get into?

I think the key to curbing the munchies is reminding yourself that its not the last time you will ever have that food - so you dont need to eat ALL of it, you could have some another day (its not going to vaporise or vanish!) and that is a helpful nugget of advice....i love biscuits and could easily eat a whole pack of those new crunchie biscuits in one sitting, but i just have one or two at a time, each day - so you can count the syns.

Or dont buy anything naughty in the first place!!! then you cant eat it!! x

I didn't actually mean binge - I meant have a cheat or treat!

What does everyone else think? What's the worst day? The day before or the day of?

Sometimes an apple just won't do...especially when all you want is a mars bar! LOL

My WI is on a Wednesday... I find Mondays a bit of a struggle, but Tuesdays I just want anything sweet... Wednesdays i'm fine though lol... it's weird really

Its my weigh in tomorrow morning and all i want to do every sunday is EAT EAT EAT.

Back