End of week 1 and hanging in there - sort of!!!

Am sure you'll be fine Jax as it was protein, its hard enough as it is I imagine without a stinking cold!

Keep on going as you were and I'm sure Ketosis will hit soon ;o) x

Hope you feel better today. Starting a plan with a cold is hard.

Be careful about skipping packs.. I understand why you did it but you won't have got all the vitamins and minerals etc you need from the meat that the pack would have given you.

Hope your cold improves and you are feeling better soon

Charlie xx

Hi all!

Thank you for your understanding and support:eek:. Today is day 3 and i have to admit to having struggled badly today! I had my porridge first thing with a cup of tea with a splash of Sk milk and then a tin of tuna with a stick of celery. That was fine until teatime when i became ravenous. I made my family a mince pie, veg and potatoes and could've cried.:cry:. Had a shake and then couldn't stop myself and cooked 2 Matthewson's turkey rashers! But at least it wasn't a cream bun:p.

Yes today is tough and i'm going to bed very very soon as the fridge is calling me but at least i have one more shake to go. I'm more doing a make up your own CD version at the moment but i hope to still get into ketosis before the weekend:flirt2:

Tomorrow is another day and i haven't thrown the towel in yet.:rolleyes:

I hate this part of this diet:sigh:

Hi Jax

I can only imagine what its like and its blooming hard especially as you have to cook for all your family too (which is the bit that is worrying me when i start next week) temptation is right under your nose so to speak :eek:

But you done well to resisit throwing in the towel....have ur last shake and get some sleep. Fingers crossed 2moro is better and you maybe reach ketosis :)
x

Awwh! Thanks Tracey!! :hug99:. I find it so difficult at dinner time but i just keep telling myself that if i give up where do i go from here!!? Tried all the rest and this one is so much easier to stick to once you're in the zone. I know that if i can get into ketosis and the hunger goes that i can cope fine so it is just a matter of hanging in and resorting to the odd piece of protein to keep me from jacking it all in.:(

Day 3 and 4 are the worst days!

Still not 100% behaving myself (protein nibble here and there) but feeling much better today. Haven't checked for ketosis (must do that in morning) but certainly the ravenous hunger has gone. Looking forward to my 1st WI on the 21 Jan (after 10 days).

The only problem is that this time round i'm really not enjoying my CD products at all!! :eek:

I used to look forward to my strawberry mousses and CD bars but now am really forcing it all down out of necessity but i will stick with it and at least i still enjoy my wee SSplus meal most days.

I'm hoping to move up to 810 in a couple of weeks when i reach BMI 28 as i really loved it last time and seemed to stay in ketosis. Hoping i can see this out to the end which if all goes to plan should by the end of February!!:gimi:

Feeling very tired so going to head off to bye-byes.

Love catching up with everyone's threads!!

Good luck for tomorrow! Remember to keep your eyes on the prize:p

It can be tough can't it Jaxie, I have just read through your posts. I am Day 10 and I know it will sound like a cliche, but it does get easier with each passing day. A bit of a corny saying, ha ha, but it is true.
I had a vile time getting into ketosis and I also had a cold. I wondered if I could have been any more miserable than I was - and of course I allowed my mind to indulge in little fantasies about "why don't I just do Weight Watchers, I'll be good this time".
But every diet has its pros and cons, and I am now pleased that I have got this far.
Keep going, it will be worth it x

Thanks Blingbabe!!!

I'm feeling ok today and I know i'm in ketosis but unfortunately the cravings are obviously gonna hang around for a while. It defo is more difficult this time round though as you say when I think about all the other options ( WW and SW for example) I was so crap at them this is the better option as in my moments of weakness I'm reaching for a piece if chicken instead of a bag of crisps or choccie bar!!!

Anyway, shall persevere and hope these cravings diminish over the next few days!!!

Hey Jax

Just wondered how your doing hope you've had a good wk end!

I'm all set for 2moro got my water off to a T now easily drinking the said amount in preparation,only time I'll fall down with that will be when i'm at work later on in the week as no time for loo :eek: Sounds daft but true job is so fast paced - still I will have to make allowances or wear a nappy...lol x

Hi Trace!!,

Saw your post re starting tomorrow. If you really, really want to lose then you will stick with it. My CDC always said to me that the first time doing CD was the golden time for most people and i have to say that she was right:sigh:. I have tried to get back on track a zillion times but keep falling off the wagon. This time is the best i have done and altho i'm still having speed wobbles all over the place i'm hanging in there.:p
I'm having awful cravings around tea time and the pick pick picking is doing my head in but i can't seem to help it:cry:
I'm totally fine now and during the earlier part of the day/afternoon but defo tea time is danger time:mad:

Hopefully work will make it a bit easier. Luckily there's loos at every corner where i am. Poor you - you may just keep a chamber pot somewhere handy;). Just remember to keep your eyes on the prize!! LOL!!!!;)

Catch up with you later:flirt2:

Back