Step 1 Sole Source Energy vanished again?!

lostpolarbear

So I'm on day 10, my energy finally came back on day 7 but today it's completely gone again I feel drained. I feed tired and my body aches. I could probably sleep all day! But I have 2 toddlers and a job so that's not going to happen lol. I'm still following CD 100% I had a little skimmed milk in my tea which the CDC said was fine. I've had some of the cambridge orange juice powder (just end of a spoon in one glass of sparkling water once per day) and then the 3 shakes. I'm not hungry at all just want to know why I've suddenly lost all my energy?

I'm the same as you!!!!
I slept all Monday day/night was awake only 4hours
The same yesterday!
So my days off were spent asleep! Lucky my fella looked after my son, is just gutted we didn't spend our days off together as I was asleep :-(

Me too. Tired every day. I'm fine at work but then I'm done in. Go to bed about 8pm but then have a fitful night. Vicious circle.

Yep me and hubby (hubby on CD as well) both going to bed a couple of hours earlier than usual, and because were exhausted nothing else lol. I'm hoping energy will really pick up in a couple of weeks xx

Me too! Glad it's not just me then!
Fella was considering taking me to the walk-in Center n seeing if I had measles or summet
(Told him that's daft as iv had my vaccination)
Bless him, he worries

I am deffo still in ketosis btw, have been since the end of my first day, iv been testing myself daily
21 days now/ 3 week on CD now

Lealou1 said:
I am deffo still in ketosis btw, have been since the end of my first day, iv been testing myself daily
21 days now/ 3 week on CD now

Aww it's nice that he worries about you! I'm in ketosis too. Tested today and it's 8mmols. Im thinking that's because I'm dehydrated and that's probably why I have no energy! Going to increase the fluids today and see if that helps!

Hang in there. It can take the body more than 3 weeks to adapt to burning ketones for fuel instead of glucose (carbs). In the interim, it can be quite stressful on your body so you probably will find you're feeling tired early on during this diet - it's just your brain telling you you need a recuperative nap. :) It doesn't last and will in most cases gets much better by week 5 or 6.

Ketostix - you don't need them. Do the plan right and you'll be in ketosis. Interestingly, over time your body gets more efficient at using ketones and doesn't make as many. What you're measuring with Ketostix is overspill of ketones - the ones that don't get used. So the concentration of these will gradually decrease as the days go by and may in fact become undetectable. Beige sticks can be misleading - you can be in ketosis without ever having a pink stick. :)

Back