Engagement ring - weird!

Vic79

Hi everyone.
I am 2 stone heavier than when I got engaged and 4 stone heavier than when I got married :cry:

I have been doing slimming world since jan and have lost 2 stone, my engagement ring is becoming really loose, so much so that i've had to put my wedding ring on top of it (I usually wear it the other way round) even doing that my ring is constantly twizzing round!

Has anyone else experience fat loss from their fingers? Even though my weight has fluctuated over the years my fingers have always been the same. I find it strange that weight is coming off them now when it never has before. Would just be because with SW weight comes off absolutely everywhere? :confused:

hi yes my wedding ring is so loose it just slides off my finger when i do the pots and stuff. i went to price up having it made smaller and it was gonna cost 35 pounds so i've decided to wait until i get to my target weight. when i got my size measured a few months ago i had gone down 2 or 3 sizes...cant remember, but i was shocked. its all good though :)

I can't wear mine any more, fiancee isn't happy as we only got engaged at xmas lol.

That was the first sign i knew i was losing weight because it was becoming too big.

Yep my Claddagh ring I bought in Ireland ages ago that had gotten a bit tight last year - now falls off so I don't wear it anymore :(

I don't wear rings, but my fingers are noticeably slimmer - and so are my wrists! My favourite bracelet almost falls off my wrist now.

It's easy to forget that weight comes off all over.... I recently noticed that my shoes are starting to slop about, so I guess I've lost weight from my feet as well!

I noticed this the other day, my rings are becoming a little loose now :) it'll be a good excuse to my husband to buy another ring :p

My watch is on the tightest notch and whizzing round my wrist. Please could my weight loss be more on my hips and waist, than bust and wrist! Thank you lol

Yeah...I had my fave ring made bigger last year (cost £80 as was a mix of platinum, white and yellow gold) and now its too big!! going to wait til target to change it again though!!
My ankles are also where I am noticing it! I had boots that were too tight that fit again!

I had to have my wedding ring resized but my engagement ring can't be due to the diamond setting so can't wear it :( keep hinting for a trilogy set from hubby. We will see!

My ring is falling off so i cant wear it, took for it resizeing but they said they cant do it as it is the wrong style and the dimonds would come out!! Love my ring :cry: Ordered some little plastic clip on things off ebay to clip at the back!!?? will have to see what they are like when they come! only 99p for 5 so not expecting too much!! :sigh:

lizzielipps said:
My ring is falling off so i cant wear it, took for it resizeing but they said they cant do it as it is the wrong style and the dimonds would come out!! Love my ring :cry: Ordered some little plastic clip on things off ebay to clip at the back!!?? will have to see what they are like when they come! only 99p for 5 so not expecting too much!! :sigh:

Hi might be worthwhile to speak to jeweller about getting little ball shapes welded inside the ring. They are un-noticeable when the ring is on but makes it smaller without risking looking diamonds x

Or try a few different jewellers especially ones that take commissions and design pieces. I had a really unusual ring and two places I took it to said it could not be made bigger (when I put on weight!) but then I took it to another place who did an amazing job. I will def be taking it back to them when I get to target!
You may lose diamonds but they may be able to suggest how to add them back in or something.

Luckily I got engaged right after I lost loads of weight so was at my thinnest then. My engagement ring should never need to be made smaller (however, I am currently 2st7 more than when we got engaged and can't get the ring OFF my finger).

My wedding ring fits really well at the mo (I'm now about what I was when we got married) so I guess when I'm at target I'll need to get it resized - either that or use my engagement ring to keep it on with, I'll have to see.

Back