enlighten's just do it diary

Phew... sorry diary for having neglected you, buuut Italy was a blast, and now I have nothing really in my future to keep me off track. So the food choices were not ALWAYS the best (some pizza, some pasta)... however, on the whole I had a great time and do not feel guilty. Got on the scale this morning, and I have a 5lb gain, which i know is the glycogen, so I didn't really panic.

Kind of down though that a) it's over already! and b) I am sooo not in ketosis, I am hungry, my head is heavy and burning up, but I know after the initial 3 days, I'll be ok. It's hard though, so I had planned on getting back on track with the exercise, but haven't done so yet... I am seriously thinking about a run tonight... i'll see when I get there.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, despite the chilly autumn air!

You can do it!! I didn't feel the pain of getting into ketosis at all so you may not either. Don't anticipate it just go for it! The run sounds great too - its perfect weather!

enlightenme2 said:
Phew... sorry diary for having neglected you, buuut Italy was a blast, and now I have nothing really in my future to keep me off track. So the food choices were not ALWAYS the best (some pizza, some pasta)... however, on the whole I had a great time and do not feel guilty. Got on the scale this morning, and I have a 5lb gain, which i know is the glycogen, so I didn't really panic.

Kind of down though that a) it's over already! and b) I am sooo not in ketosis, I am hungry, my head is heavy and burning up, but I know after the initial 3 days, I'll be ok. It's hard though, so I had planned on getting back on track with the exercise, but haven't done so yet... I am seriously thinking about a run tonight... i'll see when I get there.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, despite the chilly autumn air!

Welcome back. Glad you had fun x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

SO day 1 back and it was so, so, so strenuous! Why oh why am I attracted to the kind of food that is just no good for my body to be functional i.e. carby pasta and pizza and so on? I mean I don't do fried foods, I don't even do desserts, hardly any chocolate except once in a while and it has to be dark... but bring on the wheat and I'm all yours! :break_diet: Anyway, it wouldn't be so bad except that the crap just robs me of my ambition. When I eat carbs like that, my brain just shuts down so that my body can concentrate on digestion, forget about anything else.

So today, back on the right track I had a choc tetra for brkfst, veggie soup for lunch, and 2 cinnamon apple porridge.
I was able to fit in a run ONLY because I'm teaching DD to run, otherwise, I talked myself out of Jillian this am, and had it not been for having someone else depending on me - making me accountable, I would not even have ventured outside in the dark at 7pm for a run :rolleyes: Truth be told, I felt loads better afterwards too! And deep down I know exercise makes me feel better, I have GOT to change my mindset from it being something I have to do, to something I do because I enjoy it; I'm just not there yet, but I won't quit! I'll have that last word :cool:

Day 2
Today was actually a great day!! Was completely bomblasted at work, so didn't have time to eat lunch until around 3PM. Being that I have 4 packs, it means that I have 2 left for tonight. I love it when I go in the office to work, cuts down on my munchies. I also am clearing my desk, full of procrastination.

For me, I feel procrastination and overeating/bingeing go hand in hand, it's all part of my self-loathing I guess... really need to delve into that further. when Im on CD, being that I'm not eating, I have a lot of time on my hands, and I get loads done! I drank all my water, I'll eat my last porridge right before bed so I don't feel hungry during the night.

Didn't manage to do Jillian this am, but will do so tomorrow am as well as this week's 1st run. Yeah, bring on day 3, I need this week to fly by.

Hope everyone's doing great.

Day 3
Went for a run this morning and I'm glad I did, because it's been pouring cats and dogs here eversince. I'm having 5 cd meals today as i feel hungrier, and I want to absolutely keep 100% and not introduce any "solid" food as such. Couldn't resist a sneak peek at the scales and I've lost all that glycogen load, so bring on next monday so I can see what i "really" lost.

Have not been doing good with the water lately 3l instead of 4, I think it has to do with the cooler weather... and drinking more coffee. Trying to stay away from Coke zero too, just to see if it's not what actually makes me hungrier.
Well hope everyone's on the straight and narrow... I'm actually going to be enjoying a kid-free evening, so will catch up on some shows i've taped and not had time to see. Sure feels good to not to have to cook for once. Woohoo

enlightenme2 said:
Day 3
Went for a run this morning and I'm glad I did, because it's been pouring cats and dogs here eversince. I'm having 5 cd meals today as i feel hungrier, and I want to absolutely keep 100% and not introduce any "solid" food as such. Couldn't resist a sneak peek at the scales and I've lost all that glycogen load, so bring on next monday so I can see what i "really" lost.

Have not been doing good with the water lately 3l instead of 4, I think it has to do with the cooler weather... and drinking more coffee. Trying to stay away from Coke zero too, just to see if it's not what actually makes me hungrier.
Well hope everyone's on the straight and narrow... I'm actually going to be enjoying a kid-free evening, so will catch up on some shows i've taped and not had time to see. Sure feels good to not to have to cook for once. Woohoo

Well done. You're doing great!! Kids ate out here too so I'm catching up on the planner also lol x

Well done. You're doing great!! Kids ate out here too so I'm catching up on the planner also lol x

I'm determined to see this through, but honestly, day in day out cooking... plus the weekend meals just KILL me :cry: I literally have to leave the room when they're eating as I usually have my porridge while cooking/heating their food. I am in ketosis, and I'm not hungry, but in really life, i'm a grazer/nibbler/snacker. So it's not like i ever sit down and eat an entire stuffy meal (well, maybe around the hols), but when I add up my daily calories, they are always higher than i estimated.
Nuts/protein usually make up my snacking habits, and I eat loads of fresh steamed veggies and a lean meat... guess it's the quantity of snacking that i need to get under control.

As i snack while I cook, and taste the food too, I get to the table and i'm usually not hungry. I really have a hard time cooking while hungry, so this is an issue i need to address before going back to food and winding up turning to those bad habits that made me fat in the first place.

So far in lifestyle changes:

1. Make exercise something routine like, brushing teeth, eating, etc - not something i have to think about

2. Curb the snacking... eat 5 almonds, and not 15...

3. play close attention to what i put in my mouth while preparing the family meals

4. Track my food in a calorie counting program so as not to go overboard​

Well, by the time I finish cd and am well on my way to maintenance, I feel I will have a solid list underway. God knows I don't really want to repeat this experience

I find I pick at food whilst cooking subconsciously. It's amazing how this diet makes you realise things. Stay strong and you will get there x

OK so the dreaded weekend is here! Cooking again... solution found (at least for this weekend) : ALL food was cooked this am right after breakfast... I'm talking Sat-Sunday lunch... after that they're on their own, but at least all is covered by healthy meals, sunday night is usually soup and veggie salad and yogurt... but I have a feeling my daughter is going to want a cake for tom... so off I go to precede her before my resolve just vanishes... off i gooooo, will check in later to let you guys know if i've survived

Well, went for a run, then put icing on a carrot cake :wave_cry: buuut, I was ok... despite the divine smells. Tonight's meal is on the table and they're eating it as we speak. I try to make smaller meals so that there are NO leftovers, but also to make sure everyone learns correct portions, esp the kids.

I bet if someone had taught me that, and not systematically made me clear off my plate, I would be a lot better off today. Porridge is waiting for me... sad sad, but that's the way it's got to be if I want to achieve my goal.

Wow, a week just flies by! So vacation's almost over and I was sooo good foodwise... I wasn't very good with the water nor the exercise, so unfortunately while I didn't gain, I didn't lose either! Have to remedy this asap otherwise at this rate I will be nowhere near my 25lb goal for xmas.

Have gone running with DD these last 3 days to get back in the swing of things and I must say I feel great. I have a week to turn this attitude around and get moving and drinking otherwise the fat's gonna stay stuck right there on my midriff. Hope everyone had a great week and an even better weigh in.

enlightenme2 said:
Wow, a week just flies by! So vacation's almost over and I was sooo good foodwise... I wasn't very good with the water nor the exercise, so unfortunately while I didn't gain, I didn't lose either! Have to remedy this asap otherwise at this rate I will be nowhere near my 25lb goal for xmas.

Have gone running with DD these last 3 days to get back in the swing of things and I must say I feel great. I have a week to turn this attitude around and get moving and drinking otherwise the fat's gonna stay stuck right there on my midriff. Hope everyone had a great week and an even better weigh in.

Well done!!! Glad you're doing well. Going to talk to my CDC about adding exercise in this week, want to start toning x

enlighten's - to quit or not to quit

So, next week I see my CDC.. and the real question I have to think about until then is do I call it quits or do I continue for another month? :confused:

OK, so let me develop this a bit more. Exercise has become an integral part of my life (or so I'm wishing it) - and the sirens of "common sense" are beckoning me over to sensible eating with calorie counting. I'm currently running, and since easily bored (as my ticker can attest) I have not been able to restart Jillian's 30 shred, because... I've done it 4-5 times and really bored with it.:zz:

Tomorrow I start Jillian's ripped in 30, which is the same concept, but a little harder and hopefully a little more motivational at this point. It comes with a 30 day diet plan (ah ha) which consists of roughly 1400 cals... I've read the reviews on it and people looove it, though they don't all lose tons, they def are all toned up! With that being said a few said they gained (I'm thinking muscle) and you have to wonder if they were following the diet plan strictly or if they were not on a vlcd. My original plan was to start going up the plans first week of dec so as not to be a wreak around the holidays.

It comes down to this:
Original plan: stick with CD SS for 4 more weeks with the exercise and go up the plans as of dec 1. Start with Jillian's diet in January
New plan: Try Jillian's 30 day plan - one caveat, I would not be going up the plans

SO confused, sooo much to think about... yikes yikes yikes though anyone with advice please feel free to indulge! thx

hmm - tricky.

What's more important to you at this point? Losing weight fast or getting fit?

You seem quite enthused by the idea of exercise, and not too worried about potentially slower weightloss, which would point to starting Jillian's diet, but two things make me wonder.

How likely do you think you are to stick with Jillian all month? No getting bored, and no blips on the diet? I'm not saying you won't do it - but ime CD is easy to stick to, and by your own words, exercise often isn't (plus food plans where there is room for 'interpretation'). On the other hand, it doesn't have to just be that video for a month. if you get bored you could get into zumba or tai bo or something else.

the other thing is, my personal feeling is that a month of something and then stopping, with the intention of getting back on it at a later date, is quite hard to do. But that's me. If it WERE me, I'd stick with CD til Dec first and make a long term switch to exercise and healthy eating in the new year.

But you're different, and so that might not make sense to you at all. Good luck with your decision-making!

hmm - tricky.

What's more important to you at this point? Losing weight fast or getting fit?

You seem quite enthused by the idea of exercise, and not too worried about potentially slower weightloss, which would point to starting Jillian's diet, but two things make me wonder.

How likely do you think you are to stick with Jillian all month? No getting bored, and no blips on the diet? I'm not saying you won't do it - but ime CD is easy to stick to, and by your own words, exercise often isn't (plus food plans where there is room for 'interpretation'). On the other hand, it doesn't have to just be that video for a month. if you get bored you could get into zumba or tai bo or something else.

the other thing is, my personal feeling is that a month of something and then stopping, with the intention of getting back on it at a later date, is quite hard to do. But that's me. If it WERE me, I'd stick with CD til Dec first and make a long term switch to exercise and healthy eating in the new year.

But you're different, and so that might not make sense to you at all. Good luck with your decision-making!

Thanks Spangles - I haven't made myself clear I think, the 30 diet plan would be the kickstart (switch over) - however it isn't just 30 days, I just meant she has mapped out 30 days worth of menu choices many of wich you don't have to go into lengthy cooking process "grab and go" things. What I really meant was start my healthy eating lifestyle earlier. And I just wanted to see if her claim to the 30 days exercise with her diet plan did get a person ripped (yes after all these years of diet, I still believe in advertising!)
That being said, you're right, at this point I'm in no rush (what a lie :rolleyes:) to lose the weight I just think I need to instore great exercise habits before I end my weightloss journey (that is true).
Also, though I have not kept up with the 30 days shred because of real boredom, I have continued the running NO matter what. Oddly enough I don't ever get bored running :eek:

gosh - i wish i could get into exercise. the very thought of putting my trainers on make my bottom lip all trembly. hate it, hate it, hate it.

I really admire you - good luck with it.

Note to self - ignore what my mind is saying

Today's lesson - A person can accomplish anything they set their minds to when they believe in themselves.

So today I had a breakthrough moment. I've been on Cambridge on and off seriously for 2 years now. It was set off by a hideous picture of me bending over to pick up Easter eggs with my one yearl old at the time. Not only had I piled on weight during this pregnancy, piled it on while breastfeeding, a year after I was still eating everyday as though it were my last meal.

I embarked on my journey July 2009 at a really gross 287 pounds (not by far my heaviest). By December 2009, I weighed roughly 208 and since then, it's been up and down. Never quite made it to the 199 barrier. I exercised, toned up, SS'd til I was blue in the tongue, but something was holding me back. Took up running and switched to 800 plan, but - well food and I have a love/hate relationship as most of us do.

After this summer, I'd have enough of this cycle and decided to nail it on the head and not just be done ie, be at my goal weight, but having to maintain. And there we have it - the nasty word "maintenance"... meaning that once you get there, you have to stay there, not hust for a stint, but for THE REST OF YOUR LIFE :eek::eek:

what?? that would actually mean, actually being responsible for my actions! If I quit or cheated, well it wasn't my fault, it was the weekend, or the holidays, or I was hungrier because I exercised, etc etc etc.

Today, I went running like always, and instead of asking myself oh when do i want to do this, after lunch? tonight?? I found myself dressed, sneakers on and out the door (who took control of my body??) and there I was, not thinking - just running, and running and running (I mean, I always glance at least 3 or 4 times at my ipod.... is it over yet? have I done 30 mns so I can quit? etc). Today, by the time I found myself back on my doorsteps, I had run 1H18 mns! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
NEVER in my life would I have thout that possible, and that's the problem... I'm always over-thinking things, setting up excuses, planning my failures.
This morning, I didn't give my mind the upper hand, my body just took control... and that is what I have to aim for, whether it is dieting, exercising and basically living:

I have to LISTEN to my body, NOT MY HEAD!! So today I have switched to I can do this, to I WILL DO THIS... because I need this, my body needs this.

Sorry for such a long post but I needed to put it in writing to look back upon for the days my head tries to play games with me.

Back