enlighten's just do it diary

New day today, had my power plate session and my trainer just killed me! I know i will def feel it tomorrow.
Dietwise, I'm doing good - drinking 4-5l of water, eating my porridge and some chicken whites or tuna if I feel the extra rumble, but no picking is involved. It helps that the kids are at school, and that I force myself to go work in the office. Sometimes the convenience of working at home is also my undoing. The temptations are there, so mindless eating happens, probably mostly from boredom.
I noticed I get really really "hungry" when I have to work on something I hate to do - like accounting... MAN!! I could eat a horse during those times (like today)... and it is exactly at those moments that I need to haul my butt to the office.

Weekend's coming, it's raining and gloomy so we won't be going out much... sucks, however the security is so tight here because of the G20 that I'd rather not go anywhere out there... just swarming with security. So it'll be an inhouse weekend, prob taking the winter clothes out. I'm going to plan the menus for the weekend and try to cook as much as I can tonight right after I've eaten... That really worked for me last weekend

Well, it is just raining and raining here and I'm actually worried, have not been able to go for a run for 3 days now and I'm getting true cabin fever!! So the kids are wanting to watch movies, and have popcorn.. Yikes, I love popcorn. However I just said no! and I think that's great, because it means I'm not feeding my kids mindlessly all the food i'd love to it (or at least would have loved to eat in the past). I think my final journey has started even though I'm still on CD - the journey of just being healthy. We don't really tend to have unhealthy processed food at home, we don't eat out or get take out often (less than once a month). I do cook everything from scratch and use whole grain products... I just have a problem with portions. Everyone here has healthy appetites, and we just have to learn not to have seconds (and much less thirds).

All in all, I feel blessed that my kids eat healthy and love fruits and veggies so it's not entirely a whole new mind retraining process. I just have to learn to balance the calories in with the calories out... the snacking, and the mindless eating when i'm just bored.

Woohoo, finally worked up the nerves to start day 1 of Jillian's ripped in 30... I lived! 20 minutes always sounds doable, then I got in there and I was like OMG!! Not that any of the sets are particularly hard, on the contrary as the strength training is bumped up from 2 sets on the shred to 3 on this one, the exercises are much shorter. I guess it's the intensity at 6 in the morning and starting something new. I was sweating "buckets"!!

Diet-wise, I am psyched!! I am still 100% alternating between 810 on the days I do cardio to SS on the days I do strength training. I get in all my water, I just have to figure out what to do about the giganormous amount of coffee I take in. Also, this week I start my Coke0-free stint. I usually have one a day, but I realized that it actually makes me hungry and feel bloated. I guess if I need something I'll just have a glass of natural sparkling water without all the added junk in the Coke. I can do this, I know I can... I just have to be patient and take it one day at a time.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Ok, so Jillian scared me right down to my bones... was going to take 2 days off before doing it again... however, getting in the saddle is 95% mental right? So I got on at 11 am this morning as I just couldn't bare to face her first thing in the morning. AND I DID IT! My weigh-in's tomorrow and today felt like, well whatever, do what you want...
My daughter kindly we had a rdv with a run, so off we went after her gym class... and I just realized I have power plate in 15 mns... basically it boils down to this, will I show a loss tomorrow? Prob be not but guess what? I'm so happy I'm at a point where I can do all these activities in one day and not be dead on the floor. That has psyched me out more than anything else.

So bring on tomorrow's weigh-in... and I'll see what my body has made of my new way of living... I've been 100% so there was no picking, water has been exceptional. Crossing my fingers here! :D

Official weigh-in this week and I've lost 5 pounds!! I'm so happy... I don't see her for another 3 weeks which takes me to december 1 (yikes holidays are looming ahead). She officially moved me up plans as with the exercise she feels staying on SS would be detrimental... So I have to be careful not to go over the daily allowances! I really hope to lose 14 pounds over these next 3 weeks, as it would take me under the 200lbs bar... which has stumped me every single times. This is my next short term goal so guys, wish me luck, that 4.5 pounds a week :eek:

Keep your head strong you can do it ! Once in the right frame of mind and soo desparate to lose weight it will just fall off you. I am on SS with 3 Cambridge meals a day and it is working for me a treat. I have tried soo many diets yet nothing worked till now. Luckly I have such good will power this time as am losing weight for my wedding. I have even been able to sit in restaurants with other people eating around me and just have water, Family are being really supportive for me too so when you feel you are going to cheat just walk away and drink some water I found it fills me up and makes me not want food :) Good Luck

Start Weight: 17 st 9 lbs
Goal Weight: 11st 6 lbs
Start Date: 05/10/2011
Target Date: 30/03/2012
Lose Weight for my Wedding Day!

WK 1 - Lost 9lbs
Wk 2 - Lost 5.5 lbs
Wk 3 - Lost 9lbs
Wk 4 - Lost 3.8 lbs
Wk 5 - Lost 4.8 lbs
Current Weight 15st 7lbs
Total Loss so far 2st 2lbs

enlightenme2 said:
Official weigh-in this week and I've lost 5 pounds!! I'm so happy... I don't see her for another 3 weeks which takes me to december 1 (yikes holidays are looming ahead). She officially moved me up plans as with the exercise she feels staying on SS would be detrimental... So I have to be careful not to go over the daily allowances! I really hope to lose 14 pounds over these next 3 weeks, as it would take me under the 200lbs bar... which has stumped me every single times. This is my next short term goal so guys, wish me luck, that 4.5 pounds a week :eek:

Excellent result. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back