Total Solution Ephedrine's diary - My journey into the unknown 'healthy BMI' world.

ephedrine

Hello and welcome to my weight loss diary.

I'm starting the total solution on exante tomorrow (30/1/12) in an attempt to lose an almighty 8 stone + (how did I even let this happen?)

I've been overweight since I was 16, not by that much then but I was still overweight. Since then my weight has fluctuated up and down but mostly up. I lost about 3 stone 3 years ago but I managed to gain all that back plus an extra 2 and a half stone on top of it.

I eat too much and of the wrong things, I know HOW to eat healthily I just don't seem to be able to stick to it for longer than two weeks and then I just binge.

I am sick and tired of feeling rubbish about myself and not fitting in my clothes properly. I want to be slim, but I really want to get fit and strong. I do 0 exercise at the moment and as a final year student at university I am very sedentary anyway. This needs to change.

I'm hoping that by starting exante I can get rid of a chunk of weight and 'wipe the slate clean' and learn how to nourish my body through healthy eating and get some decent muscles going on.

Look forward to speaking to everyone.

Wish me luck! :eek:

Hi same here - good luck to you - i'm day 4 now.
Go for it - i've similar weight to loose, similar weight now and similar height!
we can keep each other in check!

Do it now whilst your young - I've carried on being over weight lost weight and over weight again for years and it only gets harder each time!
:)

Ah wow we are quite similar indeed! I'm actually 5ft8.5 but I couldn't put that in for some reason. I'm not all that young either, I'm 25 this year and for almost 10 years I've been gaining and losing and it makes me feel so sad to think of opportunities I've passed up due to feeling self conscious so I refuse to waste another year!

How are you finding the 4th day?

All the very best of luck to you! I'm on day 3 and so I will keep checking in on your diary :)

I have 5 stone to lose myself (ideally 6 but will settle for 5).

Take care,

A x

Good luck to all of you, I am on day 14 and it is going well - just self control and keeping your eye on the prize. Hope you keep us updated.

Thanks dh21abc... we do have very similar stats indeed, I'm actually 5ft8.5 but minimins won't let me put the extra half an inch on :( I'm not sure if I'm still classed as young as I'll be 26 this year! I'm determined not to waste another year of my life being unhappy about my weight so fingers crossed I can do this.

Thanks TheNewMrsB, I hope you are finding day 3 ok, I have 8 stones to lose but to be honest any loss would be amazing for me right now!

Thanks Sami1970 and norwegian girl, I'm going to give exante the best shot I can!

Last edited:
I have about 8 stone to lose in the long run, but aiming for little achievable :) keep up the good work. I am starting TS as I fell off the wagon but climbed right back on this morning.
30/1/2012 new day.
Good luck xxx gill xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for the encouragement Gill! It's all about getting back on the wagon right? I wish I'd got back on the weight loss wagon sooner instead of burying my head in the sand!

So today is my first ever day of TS, I've had one vanilla shake so far as I woke up late today after a pretty rubbish night's sleep. I've had a cup of black tea (which was gross btw, I miss milk already!) and almost a litre of water. My stomach has been making so much noise in protest to the lack of conventional food it's been driving me crazy, I just wish it would shut up! I'm really dreading lectures tomorrow as there's often very quiet moments and I really don't want my stomach to start making noises in those!

Hope I can make it to the end of the day!

It's now 9pm, and I've had a vanilla shake, a choc orange bar and a choc shake today. Drank around 2 litres of water, maybe slightly more. I don't feel hungry as such but I do feel incredibly nauseous after the last shake. Blergh, I don't know how you guys do this day in day out, I really don't.

Only a few hours before I can sleep, yey!

Evening all, hope everyone has had a good day.

I cannot believe I have made it to the end of day 2 and I've stuck to TS 100%!!! I feel completely drained, empty and a bit zombie-like but I am sticking to it! Suspect zombie like head is due to awful nights sleep thanks to some idiot girl shrieking her head off outside my window 4:30am GRRRRRR!

Today I've had a raisin bar, choc shake & a banana shake. I've had no teas today but 2 huge cups of coffee and 2 litres of water. Really want to go to bed now but I have a big deadline coming up so looks like I'll be measuring graphs till the early hours tonight. I must be mad.

Afternoon all.

It's now day 3 and I cannot believe I've made it this far. Last night was tough, as I was trying to sleep my stomach was growling away and felt really uncomfortable. Woke up this morning and I didn't feel hungry at all really. I've had a strawberry shake and a cup of tea so far, need to make sure I get some water in me.

I bought a set of scales off amazon (and two OPI nail polishes, shhhh) the other day. Went to check the status of my orders and for some reason amazon have decided to preset all deliveries to my mothers address, even though all my latest orders have been to my uni address! So now my scales and OPI are going to my mums a 100 miles away and I have no-weigh (see what I did there?) of weighing in. POOP. I'm gonna have to wait until Feb 24th when I go back home. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Uggggh, today has been super hard to stick to the plan. All I've been thinking about all day is chocolate and sweets, I've drank about 3 litres of water today to make sure it wan't thirst that was making me hungry but I can confirm I am definitely hungry.

It's so weird, I wouldn't say I'm a comfort eater as such (I seem to eat a lot happy or sad) but right now all my brain is saying to me is that I'd feel so much better after eating some chocolate. I will resist the urge to stuff my face, I can do this.

I've felt really weak and tired today and have a headache that paracetamol won't cure, I'm pretty sure this is carb withdrawal. So glad it's Friday tomorrow!

I'm getting that today too! Not a bit of temptation the first two days and then boom, everything today was about food! Early night for you tonight I think, just sleep through it!

Back